main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***SPOILER ALERT*** use for ALL spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by k kanos, May 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Clearly the worst I've ever seen. That's why I don't want to mod around here.

2. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Things like this are why I decided to be totally spoiled for AOTC.

Cbjedi, if you're gonna be a MOD in here, you might as well spoil it up. I truly respect your effort in being spoiler-free, but it's gotta be impossible to be a MOD in this forum without getting troll-spoiled.

3. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Don't go into the "teen movie" thread. Big spoiler pictures in there.

4. Blue_Viper

Blue_Viper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    I think that might be a spoiler above me?!?!? I scrolled through it fast so as not to see it.

Attack of the Spoilers!

5. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    It looks like the trolls have mobilized and are on the move.

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Actually, Obi Anne, it wasn't a simultaneous ban. I beat you to it by a full six minutes. Must be the cable modem. :D

Hama: 10:05 a.m.
    CA: 10:09 a.m.
    Obi Anne: 10:11 a.m.

7. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Joey-WanKenobi says there is a big image spoiler on the main TFN page. If anyone dares look and verify please go ahead. I'm not going to.

Edit: Opps that's what I get for not daring to verify, it does come with the requisit spoiler wanring and may only be linked off the main page.

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    My modem can kick Hama's modem's ass. :D

Anyway, anyone who was here around mid-day today saw that there was yet another bad spoiler troll working this forum. He was banned, but there's no guarantee he won't come back with a new name. Keep an eye out for the next day or two.

9. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    For hard-core spoiler free, avoid the "Zam Wessell?" thread. Fairly small plot spoiler. Nothing specific, but I wish I hadn't had that confirmed. [face_plain]

10. Raincitygirl

Raincitygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    Maybe I'm naive, but what *possible* reason could anybody have for stealth-posting spoilers in non-spoiler threads? I dont' get it. What on earth are trolls getting out of these posts?

11. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    That's the question of the day, isn't it, raincitygirl?

I guess they just get their jollies out of annoying us.

Btw, welcome to the boards, and I [face_love] your name. Quite creative.

12. Derrinson

Derrinson Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2002
  13. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Hardcore non-spoiler people should steer clear of the Time Magazine articles. They include some minor to mild spoilers.

14. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Plus, there's a passing line that, if read correctly, gives away a more or less big scene.

15. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Minor to mild would mean...how bad? I know next to nothing. I've come across a couple of things like the minor stuff in Entertainment Weekly and some very minor things that I've come across recently. Is it that bad? I was looking forward to that.

16. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I thought the Time spoilers were pretty big. I'm intentionally spoiled, and I was surprised at how much they said, hinted at, and alluded to.

17. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    (double post)

18. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yes. Time Magazine has some huge spoilers in it. Stay away from it. In fact, stay away from all articles on AOTC. They obviously aren't considering non-spoiled people when they print reviews. So just stay away from them. Just a little over 3 weeks to go. :)

19. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well alright. Thanks, you guys. I will definitely not touch the stuff.

20. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I try to stay away from spoilers, but I assumed that the Time articles wouldn't reveal much. Even though the spoilers aren't major, they are pretty big nonetheless. I wish I hadn't read it now, since a few of my speculations about certain plot points in the film were confirmed.

21. Blue_Viper

Blue_Viper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    Don't scroll through "New episode II images" news bit. It might have something considered a spoiler right in the text...no highlighting. Argh!

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yes, Viper, I noticed that too. It really ticks me off! It's not just in the text, it's in the description line on the main page! :mad:

Okay, so I discovered something else that I definitely could have lived without knowing. When they said to watch out for spoilers on the toys, I was like, "yeah, okay cool. I can do that. I won't read the descriptions on the back..." Well, that isn't all of it. Be warned, some of the figures themselves are very spoilerish.

23. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Thank you sooooo much, I haven't been reading anything that's come out, but now I know specifically to stay away from the time issue until after the 16th.

24. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I know it got it's own thread but it got toasted so I want to re-iterate. Be careful of the toys. Dangerous actions include looking at the back (not only reading, just glancing at the back of figures) opening them (good friend found out a huge spoiler this way). Looking closely at the front can also be dangerous.

For that matter standing near people looking at them can get you spoiled.

Oh, and yes, they are very cool.

25. JohnnyboyVT

JohnnyboyVT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2002
    "New episode II images", what's up with the main page giving away a huge spoiler, I accidently was spoiled by that. I see they corrected it now but when they first put it up it wasn't warned about the potential spoiler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.