main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***SPOILER ALERT*** use for ALL spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by k kanos, May 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yes, I was less than thrilled to see that spoiler on the main page. I don't consider that to be a minor detail.

And, I opened one of the figures to discover a spoiler I could have gone without.

Oh what to do...is 3 weeks to long? I'm finding out way too much, way too fast. [face_plain]

2. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Thanks for the effort to eliminate the problem, cb, even if it wasn't you that actually got the end result. ;)

3. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

If you bought the Anakin hangar duel, do not, I repeat DO NOT read the back. there is a potentially humungous spoiler there! I'm talking BIG!! I'm so pissed off they put that tid bit on the back. I purposely did not read the story paragraph to avoid this stuff but the spoiler is in the directions of what the Anakin toy can do. If you bought the toy, just figure it out for your self, it's not worth it.

~PAd

4. Raincitygirl

Raincitygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    Right now I'm pretty much avoiding everything AOTC related except this thread. I've already been inadvertantly spoiled about a few things that I would've preferred not to know in advance.

Incidentally, I know a lot of people here are planning on going to see AOTC on the 16th, but I, for one, won't be able to see it immediately. Hopefully I can see it that weekend. I've got a wedding to go to on the 18th, so I'm hoping to see it on the Sunday. but I might have to wait until the second weekend.

Is there going to be a thread after the 16th for people who haven't had a chance to see it yet and want to remain unspoiled?

5. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    "Is there going to be a thread after the 16th for people who haven't had a chance to see it yet and want to remain unspoiled?"

I think the forum will remain unspoiled until late July, when it opens in the last remaining countries. So don't worry about that.

6. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Thanks for the tips on avoiding the toys! :) I was going to get some today, but I guess my midnight madness will have to wait until May!

7. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    I have a big one to warn about.....

THE TOYS!!!!!

If you do not wish to be spoiled, DO NOT READ ANY OF THE PACKAGING FOR THE TOYS OR SHIPS, THERE IS AT LEAST MINOR SPOILERS ON MOST OF THE PACKAGING!!! AND SOME CONTAIN VERY BIG SPOILERS!!!!

If you like to open your toys, as I do, and don't want to spoiled , PLEASE TAKE HEED: DO NOT OPEN THEM!!! I was going to tell you which ones definitely NOT to open, but no one else on this thread has, so I was hesitant. However, if you want to open some of your figures, you can PM me and I'll tell you which ones TO STAY AWAY FROM!!! That means, not open, not read, not even LOOK at the packaging! (i will just name the figure, nothing else)

Wait until after the movie. I didn't read hardly any packaging, but I still learned stuff i didn't want to know yet just from the little bit I did read. And I was very unhappy to open them and be VERY VERY SPOILED!!!!!! (i got them all at 12am)

So for all of you out there wishing to avoid spoilers, USE CAUTION!!! Don't let this tragedy happen to you!!!!

8. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, someone named on of the figures, so I will hugely agree with them and reiterate the urgency of this situation:

DO NOT , DO NOT, DO NOT OPEN THE HANGAR DUEL ANAKIN, NOR EVEN GLANCE AT THE PACKAGING!!!!!!! (one with two lightsabers)

I was so angry at that spoiler... if I could have written or called the people that let it be released I would have had a few choice words with them!!

9. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    *AHEM* *clears throat*

I told you people. Stay away from the toys!!! Check a few posts back! Cheers! :D

10. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

*ahem* make that a double...

~PAd

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yes, yes. And thanks for the warnings. But, you know us, we couldn't take no for an answer! Just look at all those beautiful AOTC toys lining the shelves of all your local stores right now! How could you not?! ;)

As a side note, yes, I am quite disappointed in what I learned when I opened the Anakin figure. However, it was worth it. I mean, I don't feel let down or upset that I know something, or whatever. I'm just happy I have my toys! :D

12. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    There's a pretty damn big spoiler in the "Crappy crap" thread. Avoid it at all costs my non-spoiled brethren. Luckily I'm spoiled already, but I feel for the folks who waited this entire time and then read that. The cat that posted that deserves a banning.

13. Master_Kloon

Master_Kloon Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Obi-wan69 it sucks, that was my first spoiler.....EVER, and it had to be soo big, damn him... :mad:

14. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Indeed.

Hopefully you stopped reading once he mentioned it though. So the initial surprise factor won't be there unfortunately, but look at it from the bright side...you don't know the outcome of it, and you don't know the details.

;)

15. MasterSoma

MasterSoma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    This thread is so funny....

If you don't want to be spoiled then perhaps you shouldn't even be on this site, even the spoiler-free forum. You shouldn't be reading magazines with star wars articles or even buying toys or other merchandise. Just stay away, period.

The people who have caught spoilers here seem to me like someone who's jumped into a snake pit and then gets mad when snakes keep crawling up their pant legs.

16. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    This thread in the music forum has a music spoiler in the last post. Can someone take care of it?

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6481099&page=3

17. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I must be the luckiest person on earth, because I perused all the figures at Wal Mart yesterday, and I don't remember a single thing that I read or saw...

Except for the fact that there was a picture for another action figure being released that was quite a bit of a spoiler...Not a major spoiler, I'm sure, but still something I'd much rather have been surprised about...

-Matt "The Stampede"

18. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but don't read the book clip on the OS. ;)

You probably wouldn't anyways, but just in case you thought it was safe because it was on the OS, there's a pretty big spoiler in that excerpt.

19. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Do not, I repeat DO NOT read the back of the Jar Jar action figure. You will %&*$ if you do (I did)! MAJOR spoiler and I do mean MAJOR!!!! :)

20. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    That's major?

Man, if that's major, the I don't know what youd call some of the things I know.

But, I would agree, don't read the back of the Jar Jar figure.

Or the Anakin (Duel).

Oh, and don't buy the Star Wars Trading Card game. (Well, do, but this is a warning). There are a lot of diologue spoilers, and well as plot spoilers. And visual spoilers.

21. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Three characters not to look at: Hanger Duel Anakin, Jar Jar and the Tusken Woman. All three have spoilers.

Trying to stay spoiler free, but the call to the spoiler side grows stronger...

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Really? The Tuskan female? I have that but didn't notice any spoilers...but I haven't read the back. Nevertheless, thank you, I will avoid looking at it any more.

Also, I believe someone stated that the Zam Wesell figure was a spoiler.

23. Bucky

Bucky Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Elusive the spoiler is.

Thanks for all the tips. :)

Bucky...out

24. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I could tell you the spoiler, but then you would be spoiled and that would defeat the whole purpose of the spoiler warning.

:) Sorry, just being cute.

Zam has one too, but I think this is one we can all guess at.

Unless there is something I have missed.

25. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Thanks !!!

I almost read the back of the Jar Jar figure ! I don't even want to guess what it means.

I'm just going to stay away from the toys, I browsed through most of them but didn't read anything spoilerish on the back of the package. I guess I was lucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.