So NV Spoiler Alerts for Episode III

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked up my copy of SW Insider today at Borders. Awesome issue. People may have to avoid the comic book racks there as well since somehow they put out the 1st issue of the EPIII comics adaption early. I think it was a glich with Dark Horse Comics' shipping dates or something. I did the buy comic, sealed it up and tucked it away until after I see the film. Very tempting to give in but I'm not that desperate to get that spoiled :p . Just minor spoilers for me. I'm just glad they didn't have the GN collected TPB version out...whew

At Super Wal-Mart I've seen the EpIII giftcards avaible at the electronics center.

EDIT- that's cool that Danakin is moving here to Vegas. About 2-3 mnths ago I was at the Forum Shops one night and saw 2 guys in Jedi attire walking at a distance in a hurry. Probably on their way to Planet Hollywood. May have been Obi-Dan and Danakin? The Kenobi Guy looked familiar. Think he's the same guy at the Las Vegas ComicCon.
  2. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't gone down there in costume since they took out the Star Wars section. Most likely it was Obi-dan and/or Danakin. When Danakin comes down the two of them usually hook oup and go out. (I need to work on a brown robe.) My Emperor is 90% done. The robe was finished by the IMAX thing we did but I'm working on an inner robe and a new (more accurate) prosthetic.
  3. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Beware the grocery aisle. If you have kids there are some Star Wars Fruit Chewy things that are spoiler free (thanks GersonSith)

HOWEVER, there are some Cheeze Its that seem spoiler free, but there is a lot of text on the back that might have spoilers, plus pics of a couple of ships and some graphics at the bottom on the back that might indicate a scene from the movie. I went nuts with a black sharpie making my box spoiler free, trying to look where I was marking out of the corner of my eye so I didn't really register what I was seeing.
  4. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes the cereal I bought did have 1 spoiler pic on the box, but thankfully I had seen it already. Also I was in EB tonight and they had the ep3 video game display boxes out with obvious spoiler pics on them so be careful there.
  5. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Bleyd- yeah, looking at some of the photos of your current gigs, I think they where definitely those dudes :)
    Any photos of you guys at the EpII IMAX gig?

I can't wait for the Burger King promo. To see what cool displays they got.
    Also can't wait to get my hands on 7-11's new Vader Slurpee cup
  6. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Popped into Barnes & Noble last night and burned my eyes on a display table with all the new books. So if you're teetering on the spoiled side, there's a place to jump into the deep end.
  7. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    I used to have the IMAX shots but my hardrive blew up and lost everything from last Summer on back. I'll see if anyone else has shots, though.

Just a quick FYI avoid any store that sells candy or toys. Lots of new EP3 characters out there. Spoilers around every corner. (Including my den.)

8. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Note to self: Avoid Bleyd's den.
  9. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did I mention my movie theatre version of the new poster? Twas a gift and I plan to either make a lightbox or have one made for it. That thing is sweet!
  10. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that Drew Struzan poster is off the hook. Its awesome. I don't have one yet though. Speaking of posters, I happen to know the artist that did the cover for CIII's Souvenir Program and it only features a portion of his full-on poster/print. It rocks.

I'd still like to see the EpII IMAX photos sometime. Altough I was there the next day, I never did actually see it...
  11. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Was watching Access Hollywood tonight and the hosts mention a "Ultimate Star Wars Fan" video contest. Grand prize winner (and one guest) will attend the red carpet premiere of EPIII and a chance to meet one of the EPIII celebrities there. Videos must be 2 minutes long.

Access Hollywood SW Fan Contest

Good Luck and May The Force Be With You... :D
  12. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I saw that too and the wife was surprised I didn't take down the info. I told her I had prior arrangments and we had some big stuff going on locally and if I won I couldn't do it. Word out is there MAY be an actor or 2 in town but that is just rumor.
  13. Starr_Saberblade Jedi Knight

star 1
    watch out for nick I saw 3 trailers in one night... omg! I CAN"T WAIT
  14. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Kevin Smith put up a review of ROTS on his viewaskew site. There's a link down below. I read the first 2 lines and saw all I needed to see. Also cool that he has a book out now.
  15. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    On Fandango, I saw this (some people MIGHT consider this a spoiler, but I don't):

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Rating: PG-13
    Runtime: 2 hr. 26 min.

:eek: YAY!!!
  16. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I was at the grocery store last night and went to grab an Entrepeneur magazine, and next to it was WIRED that had a sweet cover with half george half vader. I bought it and turned around to see a bunch of ep3 comics there. I saw 2 big spoilers on the covers and covered my eyes and screamed all the way to the checkout counter. Ok so I didn't scream, but I did get out of that isle quick to avoid giving in to temptation. Man I want to see the trailers very badly! So anyway, be more careful of magazine sections now. LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TO GO!
  17. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah channel 5 and upn are showing commercials about every three seconds so watch out. Gerson, dont tell us what he said but your comment about reading the first two lines of Kevin Smiths review was all you needed to see...was that good or bad?
  18. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well the first 2 lines contained no info at all about the movie, just his opinion about the movie. The rest of his review actually talked about movie details so I didn't read that. The review, based on the first 2 lines were extremely positive. I can post them here so you will not be tempted to read any more than that. Again, I am as spoiler free as you are, so whatever I post here will contain no hints of spoilers.
  19. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    do not, i repeat do NOT, play the new Episode III game if you're attempting to stay spoiler free....but man...once you've seen the movie play the game, it's fun.
  20. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    So you guys managing to stay spoiler free?

I'm glad to see that nobody's popped in to ruin the anticipation. Just a reminder - if anyone does, let me know ASAP.

Oh, another question: Do you plan on watching either trailer just prior to seeing the film?

And finally, my hats off to you!
  21. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan on watching the trailers the day after seeing the movie. I want to go in as pure as possible. I have not been more excited for a movie ever. I don't think I'll be able to eat until I see it. What am I talking about? I've never missed a meal in my life...
  22. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
  23. Shroud_of_Durron Jedi Padawan

Yeah, once the DVD comes out, we can watch the trailers to our heart's content, but not before May 19th!
  24. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Some movie houses have large cups with EPIII artwork available. Got my set of 3 cups at The Palms recently. They look just as good, if not better, as 7-11's.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.