main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spoiler deadline?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ask-the-younglings, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    When will it be ok to, say, include something that's a spoiler in your sig or quote RotS outside 3SA? After Thursday? Or do we have to wait longer for people who aren't excited enough to see it straight away?

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    You'll have to wait until Monday, May 23. Some people can't see it right away, so we are giving everyone a few days to watch it before allowing discussion.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Good that you asked, so it's a bit more visible. We did decide to put a big reminder into the upcoming MS Update, too. I guess we were right in fearing that not everybody might remember that, or know it at all :)

See, we're good for something!

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    There's an MS update coming? I thought those were suspended, since we haven't had one in weeks :p

5. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    "After Thursday? Or do we have to wait longer for people who aren't excited enough to see it straight away?"

Some people, like myself, have responsiblities and jobs that require attention first. I would of seen it at around 2.20pm at my local cinema, but you see I have work at 5.00pm and I am not about to pretend to be ill to see it.

6. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    "There's an MS update coming? I thought those were suspended, since we haven't had one in weeks "

Actually, less than two weeks.

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    New MS update will be out today.

It will state that the boards remain spoiler free (outside 3SA) until Monday. Just to give *everyone* a fair chance to see the movie. If you haven't seen it by the opening weekend then you are not a true fan, and should be banned.

8. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    malkieD2 posted on 5/18/05 2:01am
    If you haven't seen it by the opening weekend then you are not a true fan, and should be banned.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I love the way you think. [face_love]

EDIT: Oh, and I'm glad this thread was started. I was wondering the same thing. :)

9. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    malkieD2 posted on 5/18/05 2:01am
    If you haven't seen it by the opening weekend then you are not a true fan, and should be banned.
    [hr][/blockquote] [face_applause]

I was wondering when this topic would come up - glad to see it dealt with now and not because a bunch of people posted spoilers thinking it was ok.

10. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Forget it.

11. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I'm with Jedi_Learner. Sorry, but my graduation and end-of-semester stuff so that I can graduate takes precedence over seeing ROTS, no matter how much I want to.

Honestly, I think there should be a little more time than four days. *shrug*

12. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    That's unfair to 95% of teh population.

13. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Unfortunately we have to balance between the people who haven't seen it and the people who want to discuss it. We're already making the vast majority of people on the forums wait 5 days. What you will have to do is stay away from the JC after the 23rd until you see it. There's no way around that.

14. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    All I said was that I agree with Learner's point. I wasn't saying "change the deadline" just offering my opinion. :rolleyes:

15. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Cool. Monday seems fair.

16. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I think 4 days is enough time, because alot of people will have seen it by then.

17. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Anyone who hasn't seen it in four days would be wise, I think, to stay off the Internet entirely.

Seems like a reasonable deadline to me.

-Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.