main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Spoiler decline through Episode IX, or spoiled rotten? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rosslcopter, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Will you spoiler decline through Episode IX or will you be spoiled rotten?

1. Spoiler decline through Episode IX

38.1%
  2. Spoiler rotten

61.9%
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I know I won't be able to go completely spoiler free, so I'm going to say I'll be for some minor stuff here and there. Then again, I said the same thing with ROTS and by the time the movie premiered, I knew the majority of the story anyway.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  2. YoureNotJonesy

YoureNotJonesy Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2012
    Memories of AOL Prequel boards and fly by night spoiler websites give me such a nostalgia high. Yeah, I think it's safe to say I love spoilers.

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Bring back the webcam and let the debates ensue on the set pieces being built etc!

SOOOOOO much discussion happened about a simple fountain and what it was supposed to be... [face_laugh]

4. That Bad Huh

That Bad Huh Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    I was spoiler-rotten for Episode II, then went spoiler-free for Episode III. I found the anticipation to be greater for the actual film when I didn't really know what to expect.

But then again, I'll probably buckle.

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Spoilers ruined AOTC for me. Spoiler Free for Episode III was a much more rewarding policy, and I will be carrying it forward. Can't wait for the safe confines of a spoiler free VII forum.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was spoiled rotten for TPM and AOTC and spoiler limited for ROTS; I think I'll be going spoiler-limited this time. I don't have it in me to completely avoid spoilers.

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I watch only movies that I already know the entire plot of, so I know what I'm doing.

8. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    I was spoiled for the prequels, but it didn't really matter since I knew everything that was going to happen if not how, before I was spoiled.

The ST is a huge blank, I don't think I'll mind minor spoilers, however I'll definitely try to avoid anything major.

9. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Full spoiler mode for me.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Too much info out in the web to not get significantly spoiled, so yea, full spoiler mode for me.

11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Me too. I was spoiler free for TPM and AOTC and spoiler riddled for ROTS. I definately preferred spoiler ridden. Makes the build up to the film more interesting and its great speculating on leaked clips and reports. Bring on the spoilers.

fishtailsam likes this.
  12. Stillsberry

Stillsberry Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2007
  13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't even think they will have spoilers any more in the year 2000.

14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I was addicted to spoilers for ROTS (read the novel and listened to the soundtrack that April!) and still watched the movie and enjoyed it. The sheer scale of the film was still mind-boggling.

This time, though, once I find out who's in it I'm going to shut off the tap until the trailers come out, and beyond that I'll be 100% spoiler-free.

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I get spoiled entirely for Scream 4 back in 2011 and I really don't want to get spoiled for Episode VII, VIII and XI! So I'm going to try to avoid most spoilers but will probably end up knowing a few things.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I was spoiled through AOTC and ROTS, and partially spoiled for TPM (though solely through the Young Jedi CCG). It definitely took away from my enjoyment of the films. Especially AOTC, which was a slower film as is due to Obi-Wan's investigation, though there was no mystery for me since I knew what was going to happen.

Definitely going to try to be spoiler free for this trilogy (though I said the same thing for ROTS and that didn't work out).

17. Emperor_Dantius

Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2005
    I definitely want to be spoiled rotten, but I won't ruin it for anyone in the 7NSA (seriously, who would?).
    And I admire the 40% who will attempt to stay spoiler-free. I'm not as strong.
    But the reason I wrote "attempt" is because as it's been pointed out on here over the last week, the internet has changed from 7 years ago...with the social media virus it'll be harderer to stay spoiler-free.

18. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    I left the spoiler forum about a year before ROTS came out and it worked well. I like being surprised. I read a comic of ESB before the movie was released though, and still found the movie surprising. I'm looking forward to getting back into this site; i drifted away after 2005.

19. Lord_Shame

Lord_Shame Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2008
    So you'll be in spoilers heaven for episode seven?

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Doing the exact opposite this time. I'm looking forward to it too.

21. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    How can I lock this thread, some mod has turned it into a poll and discussion of spoilers instead of the discussion of rhymes it was when I started it.

22. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    What the f? This is a weird merge.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I will spoil myself senseless. Been doing it back for AOTC and ROTS and once you start down the spoiler path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I love surprises and I don't want any behind-the-scenes info beforehand, so I'll be pretty much HCSF (Hardcore Spoiler-Free, for the newbies - not even official info will be allowed). One or two things will probably slip through my defenses - and I'll definitely want to watch at least one trailer - but it stops there.

The 3NSA forum was great, BTW! The prefix "[HCSF]" let us Hardcore Spoiler-Free fans know that we could enter a thread without fear of stumbling upon official info - and it worked. We had lots of fun, too!
    I can't wait for the first trailer to come out...

"Your episodes will make a fine addition to my collection"
    /LM