main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY ****SPOILER**** EXTRA SCENE for DLP IS............

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Admiral_Cully, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Cully

Grand_Admiral_Cully Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    In the wedding scene at the end Anakins hand is robotic. From what I heard the regular version does not have this difference. Has anyone else seen others?

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I think the difference is in the DLP version, Padme actually HOLDS his robotic hand. In the regular version, you just see it dangling at his side. I haven't seen the digital version yet though so I'm not entirely sure.

3. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    I saw the 35mm print on Long Island and the robotic hand shot you're talking about was in it..... are we SURE this is the missing shot? I remember watching for that shot specificly to hear the audience's reaction. Sure as (poodoo) it was there.

Maybe that shot was put into some 35mm prints on time for the release and some weren't?

~R

4. madmax

madmax Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    The press screening was not digital but comparing the two, I could not recall the scene where the Slave 1 lands in the underground hanger on Geonosis the first time around

5. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I just got back from seeing the non-digital, and I have to tell you, I'm hard pressed to find a difference. You see Anakin's robotic hand, you see Slave 1 land on Geonosis. I can't find a difference between the two movies. Is it possible this was a rumor started so that the digital theaters could sell more tix??

Mike C. ;)

6. WinnieRoo

WinnieRoo Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    In the non-digital I don't recall the scene where 3PO tells R2 that it's the first time he's flown, or something like that.

7. yoda79

yoda79 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Just saw the non-digital last night (amc lied to me, I specifically asked which showtimes were digital and they said 11pm and it wasn't GRR) and that scene w/3PO and R2 is defintely in there.
    This is funny. I came here cause I decided I wanted to know ahead of time what the extra scene was when i see it on DLP and it turns out it's still a mystery. We must use the force to discern the answer ;)

8. AnakinNYC

AnakinNYC Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I saw a press screening earlier in the week, which was the "film" version. At the end, you do see Anakin's robotic hand, but it just dangles there and wiggles a bit. In the DLP version the same shot occurs, except this time the robotic hand raises up and holds Amidala's hand. No holding in the "film" version. It is a subtle difference, but a poetic one if you think about it.

9. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    That's an EXTREMELY subtle difference. I was under the impression that there was an entire scene that was added to the digital version and that's why you had to see it. If that's the only difference then I don't think it's really that big a deal.

Of course you realize this means I have to see both versions again just you make sure. ;)

Mike C. ;)

10. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I've seen digital twice and film once. I can say that the robotic hand at the end is just hanging there in film but it holding Padmes hand in digital. Also, I seemed to recall the Jango decapitation to be a little bit of a longer scene in the digital version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.