main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass SPOILER FORUM!!! Revenge of The Sith movie dicussion and review

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    So what did everyone think of the movie?

I did enjoy it... but there was a few parts of the movie that needed a little more something.

Al in all I enjoyed it and the movie hasn't really sunk in yet so I will have to see it a few more times before I make a final decision on the movie.

What I liked was:
    1.Dooku vs. Anakin
    2.Mace and Sidious battle
    3.Yoda and Sidious battle
    4. Obi Wan vs. Anakin [face_plain] I thought we would of seen more anger and rage in Anakin's fighting.

Palpatine was by far the best part of the PT for me and he was my favorite in this movie.

I felt the movie was going too fast no real backround on things sometimes.
    You saw Tion for a whole, what two minutes?
    General Grievous vs. Obi Wan was..ok
    Grievous went down too blah I think.
    Barely anything on Tarkin.
    And did everything shift at hyerspace spped once the Republic became the Empire...like the officer's uniforms at the end

I would of liked to see more of Anakin fighting the Jedi.
    The battle on the planets wasn't very much too little especially on Kashhykk.

1.I would of liked to have seen Yoda going to Dagobah
    2.What of the stories I heard of Qui Gon's spirit appearing and Yoda just references that he has been talking with Quin Gon? I would of like to have seen that in the movie.

I would of liked to heard from Bail "C-3P0 you need to have your memory wiped BECAUSE you know too much and for everyone's safety involved it would be necessary.

Not just "Have this protocol droid's mind wiped."

I think I just need to see it again and take a different vieew of the movie.
    But don't get me wrong I liked it it just didn't meet my expectations but maybe my opinion will change.

2. Gregory1566

Gregory1566 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    I agree with the statements here, my favorite part of was when yoda walks in on palpatine as the dark lord, the guards just fall over, i loved that part.

The fights were good. the reason for anakin falling was a well planned one in my honest opinion, trying to keep myself unaware till i saw the movie i liked how that was portrayed, but when anakin and padme after he became vader for the first i expected/wanted it to go smoother than it did.

Grievous was a weak character in storyline and in his fighting, seemed to twirl more than anything with the sabers, then to die only by a single blaster hit, that was a bit of a weak showing of him.

I liked that this movie had a lot more action in it, but still could have used a bit more explanation at times, should have been longer i guess.

The only other things to say are:
    -was that it was a bit odd when anikin dreamed.
    -How does chewbacca go from kasshykk(spelling way off) leader guy to han solo's travel buddy?
    -when padme died it felt way to unnatural(happened to quick)

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    From the sw.com databank:
    For a time, Chewbacca was a slave, toiling away for the betterment of the Empire until an impudent Imperial cadet named Han Solo freed him.
    Drummed out of the military, Solo had few options but to return to the fringe lifestyle he knew so well. Chewbacca swore loyalty to Han, and became his partner in crime. The two of them became a well known smuggling duo. When they came into ownership of the freighter Millennium Falcon, their exploits became legendary.

Grievous should have had more screen time, which is why I'm loving the novel, you get to see more of him and his being a bad guy :) He was waxing the floor with Obi til he knocked him over that ledge though.

4. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I am going to go this morning at 10:00 a.m. and check it out again.

I hope for a different feeling about this but the cut scenes hurt the movie a little I feel.

"The circle is not comlete" IMO. [face_plain]

If what I heard and know was cut from this movie..than shame on Lucas for trimming it down.

This was a good movie but I feel it could of been so much more complete. :(

5. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I thought is was well paced, fast, but paced well. It is what it is. The duel could have been more focused on I'm sure of that. In my opinion when a film sparks several emotions in one shot it is a sign of a great film. For me, RotS was just that. I am very satisfied. The move could have been 5 hours long to cover more issues and back story but I did like the length and pace.

For the first time in the PT, acting, fx, pace and story were actually stand alone next to no other Star Wars film. Even 3PO's 'what!' had an attitude in it.

I love this film.

6. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Well those extra scenes will probably be on the DVD.

7. JediJolene

JediJolene Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2003
    I just wrote an absurdly long review on the AnakinandHisAngel boards.

All in all, I was pleased with the film. My greatest fear was that it would be a disappointment, that it would not complete the saga. But, honestly, I felt it did. I left feeling good about it.

Hey, Hitmbig, did you see me in Millbury? Me and my little bro?

8. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I kept an eye out and saw several people in Jedi robes. What theater were you in? I think I was in number 8.

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I just finished watching this movie again this morning....nothing has changed in what I stated earlier.

I would like to thank Lucas for throwing a movie together without any consideration for those paying money to see it.

I almost want to forget the prequel trilogy ever took place. :(

I want a memory wipe of the last three movies.

10. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Are you still going to go Sunday?

11. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Did anyone catch Padme` saying 'Hayden' in one of their scenes?

12. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    One thing that did annoy me was Obi Wan's stupid two finger saber pose.

13. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Holy cash register Batman>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=191597

14. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Nice. I know our Sunday show will help out opening weekend.

15. DropKickAnt

DropKickAnt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Beanie I agree dude

last nite i went to my 3rd showing with the NJO and i slept through a lot of it
    ....i am left with no lasting impression of this movie

its just there

16. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Today will by my third time, will see how tired I am................

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The only thing that I can say that I would have liked to see was Obi-Wan talking to Qui-Gon. After hearing Yoda tell Obi-Wan that he has learned how to do this and that he would teach Obi-Wan I thought for sure we would get to see that, but instead... nothing.

Although I would have liked to see Grievous fight more in the movie on top of his first meeting with Obi-Wan and Anakin and that last battle with Obi-Wan I thought his character was done well, fit for his purpose, and his defeat was rather bittersweet. He was supposedly this incredibly strong and cunning warrior who had killed many Jedi and was thought to be invincible due to his robotic enhancments only to be killed by having his one true flaw exposed, and for Obi-Wan to do it with a blaster was another bit of irony... "so uncivilized" [face_laugh].

Altogether I thought the movie was well done and for me made things complete. It had all of the action that I could have ever expected. There was also more comedy, conflict, suffering, and tragedy than in any of the other PT movies. I'm looking forward to getting this on DVD to see what extra scenes were cut but I seriously doubt that anything would make me feel any less about this movie.

18. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I liked it. Like it alot. I still rank it 3rd though out of all 6 movies, putting ANH ans ESB before it.

A couple of the problems I had were:

- Opening battle. Just too much going on. Yeah it great that GL can put 10,000 ships peppering the poodoo out of each other into a single shot, but did he really need to? The entire first part of the battle, following O-W and Ani on their approach to Grevious' ship nearly gave me motion sickness.

- R2 comic relief. Way over done. The whole 3 Stooges routine with the 2 SBD in the hangar was unnecessary. I wasn't a huge fan of when he shocks the the SBD and in retalliation he got kicked over either.

- Pacing was waaaay too fast. I know GL had a ton of stuff he needed to wrap up in this movie, but that was his own fault. TPM should never of happened. We should have picked up the prequesls at the begining of AOTC and the events that needed to be hashed out in ROTS could have been spread over 2 movies.

Thats about it though. I loved that it actually brought out some emotions for the characters involved. I really hated Palpy, felt sorry for Obi-Wan and just pittied Anakin. I will definitely see this again in the theaters. Probably not another 6-10 times, but atleast once more.

On a scale of 1-10 I'll give it a 7.5

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    - R2 comic relief. Way over done. The whole 3 Stooges routine with the 2 SBD in the hangar was unnecessary. I wasn't a huge fan of when he shocks the the SBD and in retalliation he got kicked over either.

The R2 comic relief was just classic. If only he were human I would have loved to see his face when Obi-Wan was contacting him while he was trying to hide from the SBD's. Then just like any little kid would he stuffed the communicator into his body to try and hide the sound. I also got a kick out of Obi-Wan and Anakin waiting under the ray shield for R2 to show up, then hearing him coming from down the hall only to see him barrel through an open doorway right into the wall [face_laugh].

I loved that it actually brought out some emotions for the characters involved. I really hated Palpy, felt sorry for Obi-Wan and just pittied Anakin.

That's how I felt too! Except I didn't really feel pity for Anakin, although I did feel sorry for him, he still chose to follow that path. Even though someone may have been steering him in that direction he could have done the right thing anyway. It was tough watching Obi-Wan while he watched Anakin burning away, that was hard :(.

20. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    i also think ROTS actually adds much, much more to the end of Return of the Jedi! in fact all of episodes 4-6 will be looked at much differently than before. one example is that Vader is this fearsome badass, but after ROTS, we now see him as a sad version of Grievous. just another henchman STILL lusting after power especially his call for Luke to join him and rule the galaxy with his father just as he tried to get Padme to do so. anyone that doesn't share his point of view will just get killed.

i also liked how Palpatine is so afraid of doing things himself he always get other people like Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Greivous and finally Vader to do the dirty work for him. he knows that he himself can't rule the galaxy but through other people like Vader he can. he rules with a literal iron fist. back in TPM, Yoda said always two there are, master+apprentice. it would appear that Darth Plaguis is the master of Darth Sidious (aka Palp). i mean of course Anakin wouldn't have heard the story cause Sidious was the only one who knew the WHOLE real story cause Sidious is the one that killed Plaguis in his sleep the first place! on the Sith side of the Force, the apprentice kills the master. it's really a barbaric way compared to the Jedi way, Padawan->Knight->Master. but what's irregular about Sidious/Palpatine is the fact that not only does he kill Plaguis, he kills HIS OWN APPRENTICE! it's ironic he should be the one saying, those who have power want to hold on to it no matter what. he would know. he sends his apprentices to their deaths easily and even orchestrates Anakin to kill Dooku and OB1 to kill Greivous. even in ROTS Sidious desires an apprentice who is much younger to takeover oldies like Dooku. by the time the Emperor has knowledge of Luke, he wants Luke to replace Vader. it's like he sees a young new Jedi, he seduces him to the dark side and becomes his henchmen. pretty crazy.

this also reminds me that the parallel between Sidious trying to electrocute Mace Windu with Anakin watching vs. Sidious trying to electrocute Luke with Anakin watching. during the first electrocution with Mace, Anakin turns to the dark side when he cuts off Mace's arm. during the 2nd electrocution with Luke, Anakin turns back to the good side when he literally overthrows the Emperor. there's a lot of ryhme+reason with both prequels! not only between ROTS and 4-6 but 1, 2 and 4-6. just gotta look for it =).

21. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    I loved pretty much everything about this movie. I grew up with the PT and I really enjoyed the first two prequels, but ROTS had a more emotional impact on me than any of the other five movies. All in all, it might be my top choice out of my six favorite movies.

Pacing was waaaay too fast. I know GL had a ton of stuff he needed to wrap up in this movie, but that was his own fault. TPM should never of happened. We should have picked up the prequesls at the begining of AOTC and the events that needed to be hashed out in ROTS could have been spread over 2 movies.

See, I always was glad Lucas went back and showed where Anakin came from. Starting in AOTC would have left too many questions for me.

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    See, I always was glad Lucas went back and showed where Anakin came from. Starting in AOTC would have left too many questions for me.

I agree. Sure they could have thrown into AotC some footage of a young Anakin being found on Tatooine then making a jump to the older Padawan, but IMO it just wouldn't have been the same. Besides, TPM served to showcase a backstory for more than just where Anakin came from. I thought it was great to see where Obi-Wan started in the storyline as a Padawan himself as well as how Palpatine came to power in the beginning.

23. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    I agree. Sure they could have thrown into AotC some footage of a young Anakin being found on Tatooine then making a jump to the older Padawan, but IMO it just wouldn't have been the same. Besides, TPM served to showcase a backstory for more than just where Anakin came from. I thought it was great to see where Obi-Wan started in the storyline as a Padawan himself as well as how Palpatine came to power in the beginning.

Exactly. This sort of strategy would have been akin to Indy's backstory in The Last Crusade. While I thought such a flashback was fine for Indy, I don't think it would have worked in the context of the GFFA. Besides, there never has been a flashback in any SW movie to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.