main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spoiler-free: DR's new policy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm sure many of you have noticed the sharp decline in spoilers ever since early TJK leaks threatened to doom the series to fan condemnation. Back in the day, people were well and truly spoiled months ahead of time. Now, we're lucky if someone gets a copy a week early from an errant bookstore and posts a synopsis. We don't even seem to be getting the kind of pre-publication press release info handouts we did before. I'm not that familiar with the leak process, so I'll ask: is there an official change in DR policy after the TJK fiasco? Did they always intend to cut down on the amount of info that got released? Or are we looking at a series of coincedences, and there's been no actual conscious tightening of spoiler security? Discuss.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's very likely that people who post here just haven't come across advanced copies lately.

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    My guess is that they've got a tighter control on advance copies. Also, the people who used to actually get the advance copies and post here are not really hanging around anymore either.

I'm happy to get it within a month of release, let alone in advance or on release day anymore. Just not enough time for that stuff anymore.

4. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Im not really complaining.

I'd prefer to remain spoiler free.

I didn't mind so much for TJK, but for TUQ and TSW I wanted to reamin as spoiler free as possible (and I think I suceeded - I didn't know Jacen and Tenal Ka had a baby until I read the book)

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It's just about time and Dalek breath be damned. Exit spoilers and Enter Sandman. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.