main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spoiler free for Episode VI

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Latorski, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Was anyone else spoiled for ROTJ?

I was watching a movie review show (in which kids did the reviews) back in 83 and one of the reviewers said that Leia is Luke's sister and confirmed that yes, Darth Vader is indeed Luke's father. This was a few weeks before the movie came out.

Who else was spoiled for the OT?

2. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Not I Latorski, I have been "Spoiler Free" for every movie so far. I like the suprises of seeing the movie for the first time.

3. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I wasn't spoiled at all for the OT. I was too young to care about anything on TV other than cartoons, and I never read movie reviews/magazines, so I had no info on ESB and ROTJ until I saw them.

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Not I Latorski, I have been "Spoiler Free" for every movie so far. I like the suprises of seeing the movie for the first time.

I agree. ROTJ is the only SW movie I've been spoiled for, and I was pissed when it happened.

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Having been born in '89, I was spoiled for all the movies, since they came out so long before I was born. Friends who had seen them wouldn't shut up, and there were of course the Star Wars jokes in the media.

6. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I was spoiler free for ESB and ROTJ.

7. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I knew that Leia was Luke's sister a few weeks before the movie came out (even though I was only 10).

I also knew that Luke got his hand cut off before I saw Empire.

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Heh, funny topic.

I didn't get to see ROJ until the Friday of the first week it was out. I believe it was actually released on a Wednesday. My friend Justin saw it that Wed., and I asked him who died. He told me Yoda and Boba Fett died, but that was all.

Gee, he kinda forgot to mention Palpatine and Vader dying too. Oh well, minor details 8-}

9. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Although I was born after they came out, I wasn't spoiled for the SE. Im so tempted for the EP3 spoilers. No, must avoid...

10. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    An Episode III spoiler here and there won't hurt.

[face_mischief]

[face_devil]

11. flyingillini

flyingillini Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    I was spoiled for ROTJ. A week before opening day a kid in our class(I was 11) brought in the comic book adaptation for ROTJ. I saw ROTJ opening night and loved it.

12. flyingillini

flyingillini Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    Sorry double post.

13. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I wasn't spoiled for any of the Star Wars movies, because I saw them for the first time in theatres during the SE release.

My God, you look like a gangster!

14. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    Well, I wasn't born yet in 1983.

And even with the SE's I was finally interested, and didn't knwo much of the sotry besides this Rogue Squadron (sp?) comic book.

So it was all new to me.

My only OT spoiler was when I read that Anakin Skyealker was Darth Vader when he was young, on the packaging for an action figure I saw in a store between watching ESB and ROTJ (a period of 2 weeks, rather than 1 week between ANH and ESB).

15. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Spoilers=Darkside

Sadly, I used to visit EP3 Spoilers. Im scarred. I dont visit anymore because I think, Its the last Star Wars Movie, Im not gonna ruin it.

16. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    In 1983 I was 13; the week before ROTJ was released, the Marvel Super Special adaptation hit the stands. I couldn't resist buying that (almost photo-realistic!) graphic novel, and spoiling myself into oblivion.

The three-year wait between ESB and ROTJ had seemed like an eternity, and I just couldn't wait another week to find out who the "Other" was! (I was already pretty sure Vader wasn't lying--Luke called him "Father" in their telepathic conversation on the Falcon!)

For some reason, I liked the comic book more than the movie, and only saw it twice in the theater, vs. the 7 and 5 times I'd seen "ANH" and ESB, respectively.

17. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I was spoiled for the OT because it was the 90's when I first saw them. I however won't be spoiled for Episode 3 because it's the final Star Wars movie of all time so I'm not going to ruin the surprise GL has in store.

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I was only 6 months old when ROTJ came out, so I don't think I was spoiled.

19. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I too was spoiled for ROTJ. Simular scenario to what someone above described. I was 8 years old and someone I knew had a kids book adaptation. I remember when I saw the picture of the second Death Star I thought it was what was left of the original Death Star. I thought the constuction was the damage from Luke blowing it up.

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I guess you can say I was spoiled for the OT since I first saw them back in '94 and I watched them out of order.

21. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Sadly, the climax of ROTJ was my first introduction to Star Wars. I saw it at a friend's house who wanted to show me a cool movie. We didn't have time to see it all, so he showed me the ending part. :(

I saw TPM, and became obsessed. I was nine with Ep1 came out. I was spoiler free (relatively; I read a few) for Ep2, but I just can't restrain myself from spoilers for Ep3. I'm a spoiler hound! :)

22. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I didn't see Star Wars until I was seventeen (12 years ago!), and I watched all three movies in three nights.

But I hadn't known that Luke and Leia were brother and sister. Isn't that weird? I guess it was because I never really cared about the movies, and when they were released, I was way too scared of Darth Vader to even consider seeing them.

23. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    A friend of mine had told me the entire story.

When I went to the see the movie, it turned out that he had made everything up so I was surprised. He had a good laugh afterwards but I prefer it that way. Hate to know what will happen before I go see a movie.

24. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I was. The scripts were too hard to resist. But maybe that's good, because otherwise I might have not wanted to see the movies. And I enjoyed the scripts. That's how I avoided having misconceptions.

25. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I was only 7 years old when I saw ROTJ in 1983 so I didn't really hear a lot of spoilers. The only thing that I remember hearing before I saw the movie was that we get to see Vader's face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.