main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Spoiler Overload. Sign Out Here - See you after I see TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediLight, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Thanks to EHT who approved this thread.

The Force Awakens is finished.

I have often embraced the spoiler journey. To me it's nearly as enjoyable as the movie itself. It's a long hard wait in between movies and the spoiler information enhances my overall experience. I was spoiled rotten before AOTC and ROTS. Right now, I know more about Game of Thrones Season 6 then I probably should.

But...we are too close now.

For those of you who think we know everything, we don't:

-We don't know why Han and Leah are estranged and if they were ever married or had children
    -We don't know why Luke went into hiding or his whereabouts
    -The flashback information we got is hazy and/or incomplete
    -We don't know the parents of Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren and if any of them have Skywalker blood
    -We don't know who Snoke is. We don't know what he looks like.
    -We don't know much about Maz, besides she's Yoda old
    -We don't know if Han (or Chewy) really dies. We might think we know, but his rumored casting in Episode VIII fogs things up a bit.
    -We don't know where Lando is or if he's alive still.

Theories are like the wind. I believe that some of these questions will still be answered by our own detectives before we sit in the theater. Now that the movie is finished, surely there will be some that see it.

Now is the time.

Join me and we can walk away now. We can still experience the thrill of the unknown.

[​IMG]

I, JediLight, is signing out from this spoiler forum until I see The Force Awakens on 12/17.

May the Force be with you.

2. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    May the force be with you, Brother.

B99 likes this.
  3. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Is there a way to ask for a temporary self-imposed ban? If so, I might want to get one that lasts until the release date of the movie.

4. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I want to join you, I really do, but I left this forum in February. We see how long that lasted. ;-)

I am starting with not watching all of the clips. I'll be busy this week with clearning, cooking for Thanksgiving, and drinking while building the Lego Christmas village next weekend so hopefully that will keep me away from the boards a bit.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    How about we turn this thread into a social thread that is essentially "no spoilers other than what we knew as of this week"?

Vastor and Knightstalker137 like this.
  6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm with you! Lead on, brother.

ETA: I changed my mind.

7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I've actually managed to resist every tv spot after the first two

8. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    'You can lead a camel to water but you can't make a camel look before it leaps'.

shine, JabbatheHumanBeing and Force22 like this.
  9. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Leah? Really?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    The ability to resist spoilers is insignificant next to the power of the Force

11. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    I kinda want to leave but I'm an asset to this site.

also haven't been up to date lately anyway cause there's all this new stuff and it's like do I really want to go through all these pages to find new stuff just to find long debates over minor details? lol

12. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    I try once, right after the final trailer drop but that stupid Japan trailer dragged me back in. Well, I'm going to try again, although to be honest, we might have to lock our selves in a dark cave to avoid hearing about SW 7.

Avoid spoilers 2.0 :p See ya all December 18th

13. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I'm going on Internet lockdown by December 15th.

14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    As long as the major twists don't leak I will stay. I may be offline from 14th until 16th December, since the first screening is on 14th, so the major plot points will be available at that time.;)

15. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    I don't mind spoilers, I actually like them, but I shouldn't be spending time here.
    On the other hand, I think: this is a historical moment in popular culture, isn't it fun to discuss and speculate?
    But then, I don't think we'll get much new info, and without info, all discussion only goes in circles...

I'm out too, I'll be back in December. Fun ride till now.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's exactly what I'm thinking as well.

I mean, part of me really wants to know what happens and I know I will be tempted to check in to see if any of the major plot points have leaked, but on the other hand, I want to retain some surprises for when I actually see the film.

17. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015

I can help you out although this probably isn't the best place to put these, so I'll at least tag them.

TV Spot from AMAs -

Exclusive clip from AMAs -

Full John Williams Tribute from Pentatonix at AMAs -

TV Spot 7 (you may have seen this) -

I may have missed one or two. Also the Disney UK BTS with Maz isn't out in HQ yet.

carlcockatoo likes this.
  18. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    I'm swearing off food and sex until the movie is released. I'm taking enormous ammounts of drugs to cope with this terrible decision. I will, however, remain attentive to spoilers,

See you on the other side Ray.

LANDO_ROCKS and Canyon D like this.
  19. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Would that I had the willpower to join you. I'm just grateful for JJ's mystery box; it has saved me from myself.

20. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm too weak, but that is ok. I can still watch any Star Wars movie now that I have seen countless times and still enjoy it. As a matter of fact each experience with the films is better when I know things well because I tend to pick up on the nuances. I'm not going to push for spoilers by reading reviews of the film before I see it, but if a clip pops up I will watch it.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I will be on the No spoilers allowed thread pretty soon!!

22. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    I'm getting close to going on full-blown information lockdown. No internet, Facebook, etc. for about a week before the movie.

Canyon D likes this.
  23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I try to avoid some spoilers.

Krueger and JediRocks74 like this.
  24. Robert Merrill

Robert Merrill Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 2014
    I think I'll be switching to the No Spoilers forum really soon. I've only watched one TV Spot (besides the trailers of course) and I think that is enough for me. I watched all JW TV spots and that spoiled the movie heavily for me .. . I won't let that be the case for this movie.

JediRocks74 likes this.
  25. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I'm off too now. Bye all.

JediRocks74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.