main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Spoiler Overload. Sign Out Here - See you after I see TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediLight, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Just lots of eye blurring. Plenty of threads I just don't read.
    But it's getting tough.
    And the fun part of the forum, idle silly speculation, is pretty much done now. It's all boring facts. And endless troll threads on George Lucas.

It'll be fun again when we're back to speculating about VIII and R1.

2. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I'll be sticking around, but it's becoming harder and harder to resist the spoilers. I had to peel myself away from that children's book leak description that happened today.

B99 likes this.
  3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    JediLight : Forumers... help me leave the 7SA.

Forumers : But you'll die.

JediLight : Nothing... can stop that now. Just for once... let me...try to avoid spoilers. Now... go, my friends. Leave me in the 7NSA
    Forumers : No. You're coming with us. We'll not leave you here with all these weak fanfic addicts, I mean there are still people talking about how Kylo Ren might be Plageuis! We've got to save you.

JediLight : You already... have. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your Mods... you were right.

Forumers: What? Sorry this bit just doesn't make any sense.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know. I mean this forum is how I slack off at work. Without it I'll actually have to be productive and gawd that sounds awful! I'll probably sign off when it comes to the point where people have seen the movie so around the 14th or something.

Darth_Pevra and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I’m actually very proud of myself. I’ve avoided a lot of spoilers, particularly the heavy ones. I haven’t watched any of the TV spots (I never watch TV spots for any film). I’m going to go to the cinema fairly blind. It will be the same for Rogue One, Episode 8 and onwards.

Flapjack4 likes this.
  6. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
  7. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Same here. My plan is to go on full lockdown, starting on Dec 14th 00:00 a.m. I will add this site and several others (Making Star Wars, Star Wars News Net, the German Star Wars Union and Jedi-Bibliothek) to a blacklist so that I can't access them in my browser for the following 96 hours. My plan for the last days before TFA is following:
    On Monday the 14th, I will do hard work for my studies for Applied Computer Sciences. I have to write a report that day, so maybe I'm going to work through all the night until Tuesday morning.
    On Tuesday the 15th, I continue with my excercises. I want to finish them the evening of that day.
    Then, the rest of the week is Star Wars hype. On Wednesday the 16th I have only two lessons in the early morning, and after that, I want to do a Star Wars marathon from TPM to ROTJ. Between the Prequels and the Originals, I make a break for evening meal.
    The marathon will end very late in the night.
    On Thursday, the 17th I will have some lessons at my practical university. The last of them ends at 1:00 pm CET. After that, maybe I will do an after-lunch sleep.
    Around 5:30 pm, I am going to leave my dormitory. In Konstanz, where I'm living right now, will be a Christmas market that day so there's the opportunity to eat something before I go to the cinema.
    I will arrivae at CineStar at 7:00 pm. Only one hour to wait, and then....

[​IMG]

And when the film is over, I return to my dormitory and only have to wait until midnight. Then I can access this site again and I will join the madness here.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't think you'll be accessing this site so soon afterwards. Probably not for two or three weeks.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  9. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    not seeing it until 1000 am Hawaiin time on the 18th. So the movie will be in wide release for over 36 hours (europe) before I see it.

Starting the 16th I will be doing 0 internet. Well beside official websites I use for work. Starting the 14th (1st screenings) I will be really careful. I will avoid forums of all types, and social media. Only go to news sites like CNN that I would expect to not have a huge spoiler in a the title of an article.

The only thing I would want to know is whether the movie is good or not. If it is a dud I would like to prepare myself for the disappointment rather than have sinking feeling hit while at the theater. And if people are like OMFG it was amazing that well get me even more pumped. I may do a simple RT check on the 17th. Just go to RT look at the % and shutdown the browser... lol.

Also my brothers will be seeing it about 16 hours before me, so I may ask them to send me a simple "It was Bad/Okay/Good/Great/Amazing" text to me.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  10. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    I'm still hanging around but I'm generally just in the collectibles thread. I'm done with any more spoilers, I'm even steering clear of tv spots.
    Once the first screenings start to hit, I'll quit this place and all fan sites until I've seen it here in Australia at 12am on the 17th

11. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Haha yeah same here, and I agree, this could be a good social thread for people that don't want to be spoiled anymore, but can't quite let go of the forums :D

12. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    But the last TV spot is Awesome! It has xxxxx in it! And they show xxxx xxxxing his xxxxx. It's so cool. You really should see it.

;)

13. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    i swore off tv spots and spoiler confirmation footage until the movie.i told myself this..nothing more after trailer 3 and tv spots 1&2..."but it is too late for me my friend"..once we started this spoiler path..well you guys know the rest..

14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    TV spots: one's too many, two's not enough...

Shadojoker and hippie1kenobi like this.
  15. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    oh man did you see that latest news! Apparently Qui Gon's daughter and Obi Wan's son got together and made a Rey. Apparently the ST is about the fall of the Skywalker Dynasty as the rise of the traditional Jedi.

:cool:

16. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I've stopped watching the TV spots and I won't be reading any more spoilers from now on. I will lurk around, but I will keep myself limited to the Anthology forums and threads like "TFA Box Office discussion".

17. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    What leak from who what?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

18. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/s...ar-wars-the-force-awakens-look-and-find-book/

Some plot details leaked via a children's book

19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I've managed to stick around here and just avoid the spoiler threads. Hell I was spoiled by the image of what appears to be some kind of planetary weapon on the poster.

I refused to be spoiled rotten for the sequel to ROTJ. I think there's a way to lightly hang around here without being spoiled rotten. Though probably best to avoid this place in the final days leading up to the release or for those, like me, who won't be seeing it on opening night.

I tried to switch to 7NSA a few months ago, but it's largely a ghostown. Would be nice if that picks up in the next couple weeks.

20. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I think may need to start creating a bunch of redundant (or off-topic) threads, maybe incite some PT vs OT wars, and start insulting the mods so that I can get myself banned and save myself from seeing tons of spoilers in the coming weeks. Clearly I don't have the will-power to stay away on my own, since I had planned to be long gone by now.

Speaking of being banned, etc, am I the only one who clicks on locked threads just to see if the mods put a funny image or comment as they locked it? (yes, I REALLY need more hobbies.... ha.)

Xinau likes this.
  21. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm hanging out until Dec. 1st.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  23. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Anybody know when the reviews are realistically likely to drop? I read that there won't be the usual critic review procedure for TFA. So when they do start to break out that is when I will avoid all film websites/the forum/RT and metacritic until I see it on the 18th.
    Problem is there are TV spots in the UK like the one I've just seen for Mockingjay 2/ Bridge of Spies where it is half clips from film and half 5 star critics scores peppering the spot.

24. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Well us here in Australia will be seeing the film at midnight on the 17th.

That's 5am in Los Angeles on the 16th.

25. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Just do what I did....drop a bunch of F bombs and talk smack about the blonde fox news host for her negative views on star wars.

That got the job done for me....well for a week anyway

Canyon D and Artoo-Dion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.