main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY ***SPOILER*** Post favorite shot

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Robnhud, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom_Tom_Binks

Tom_Tom_Binks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2001
    I agree with MysterySith. 'Magnificent aren't they?' is wonderful. A full-on goosebumps moment.

2. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    <In Yoda voice> "Hmmm..difficult to choose, just one scene out of many."
    So many...so many choices.....
    One is definatly the look on Count Dooku's face during his duels. he gets a look that he had in LotR that Aysa and I love...eyes wide open with a hint of insanity.
    We just feel so close to him then..LOL.
    Another...also Dooku...is everytime Nute Gunray says something pertaining to killing Padme, Dooku gives this little side look and says "patience" in a manner very reminiscent(sp?) to Grand Moff Tarkin(go figure..both classic actors that knew eachother)
    Its subtle things like that, that show who master actors are...they can say and express so much with one small look.
    Never underestimate the power of the dark side...LOL

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    "Pain, Suffering, Death."

"Young Skywalker is in Pain, terrible pain."

This whole following up scene to the Tusken Massacre. Sends chills all through out my body.

4. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Darth_Xin said:
    "Finding out that Dooku is the 'other' apprentice of Sidious & seeing that they are working on both sides ..."

That whole scene of Count Dooku's Solar Sailor landing on Coruscant was so dark and the music so haunting. One of my fav scenes.

5. Grand_Admiral_Cully

Grand_Admiral_Cully Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    -Obi jumping through the window.
    -ROCKET R2 made me burst into JOY!!!
    -I love the Kamino's
    -I really like Dexter Jettster, and the entire Diner scene.
    -I love the fact that Jar Jar is giving everyone the buff, how "Lando" of him.
    -YODA, oh MY ******G GOD!!! Could he possible be more cool? He was so real it was not creepy.
    -The arena was amazing.
    -Mace lopping off Jango's head, with BOBA looking on.
    -I can't take it I am ordering more tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

6. Tom_Tom_Binks

Tom_Tom_Binks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2001
    Okay, I'm decided now. This is my definitive favourite shot:

Yoda pulling back his robe then drawing his sabre with the Force.

My absoulute favourite.

7. cybergosh

cybergosh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    What about the shot in the Lars Kitchen and Dinner Table. Straight out of Episode IV, it's like we're back in 1977 all over again. I teared up like a baby.

8. NYUJedi

NYUJedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    That pan up after the scroll was pretty cool. It drew a gasp out of the audience at that first screening at the Ziegfeld. Kinda funny to gasp and hear everyone else react the same way. It bring warm feelings to my heart to know I wasn't the only freak who noticed.

Natalie's nipplage in that jumpsuit...that brings warm feelings too.

Lucas did a great job with the saber duel btwn Anakin and Dooku. Their fighting style was very much like a dance and it was shot like a dance sequence.

Natalie's cleavage in that kinky black dress...more warm feelings...

9. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Cybergosh: That one gave me chills... Anakin sitting in his future son's seat :D

My current favorite is Anakin's reaction to slaughtering the Tuskens... "They're ANIMALS... and I SLAUGHTERED them like animals... I HATE THEM!".. I cried like a baby the first time I saw that.

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Favourite shots?

God, where do I start?

1.) Anything where Dooku and Anakin are fighting in the dark...
    2.) Yoda calling the Lightsaber into his hand (love the gothic music that goes with it)
    3.) After Amidala is knocked out of the transport, and Anakin/Kenobi have the slanging match, Yoda senses his anger!
    4.) The shootout in the dust cloud between the Battle Droids and the Clonetroopers...

And I suppose anything with Natalie in "revealing" clothing...

11. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    * Boba peering out of Slave I's cockpit to see if he hit Obi-Wan with the tail cannons

* Dooku's look with the line "It may be difficult to secure your release."

* Padme's bouncy bouncy run from the Gunship into the hangar battle area

* Zam pushing her stick forward to try & get that pesky Jedi runt off her car

* Dooku's "I've been in more B movies than you could have seen in your lifetime" look when he goes to bring the hangar ceiling down on Yoda

* Obi crashing through the window--another entire audience yelling "Holy ****" moment

* Mace's face when he picks up his saber from the arena floor just prior to Jango's sad demise

* Obi's final descent into Anakin's "borrowed" speeder--especially at the Zig, with the drums blaring in the music; without a doubt my favorite musical moment in the film.

* Obi walking across the floor of the gunship--"Follow that speeder!"

* Seismic charge #2

* The Naboo fighter bottom of screen left getting knocked off its pad by explosion debris

* The sunset shot of Long Island City--err, I mean the outskirts of Coruscant's urban landscape where Sidious meets Dooku

* Padme starting to get nervous in the droid assembly jar as the fiery liquid dispenser gets closer & closer--again, the drums just kick ass

* Any shot of Taun We wiggling those hips!

* The hot-looking Twi'lek female Jedi seen in the background outside Yoda's classroom

* Obi peeking behind his back to see if Taun We has left the platform area--reminiscent of Maul's first appearance on Tatooine

* Britney Spears singing "Simply Irresistible"----oops wrong part of the evening.....

12. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Horny net geeks...all of us. ;)

Mike C. ;)

13. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Tom

I would have to agree with you on that one.

That and the whole sequence between him & Dooku

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.