main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Spoilerific Episode III fan script

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by cheese_boy, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheese_boy

cheese_boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    STAR WARS: EPISODE III

By John Barkshire

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the main title. War drums echo through the heavens as a rollup slowly crawls into infinity.

The Great CLONE WAR has ravaged the
    Republic for three years. Starvation and misery stalk countless worlds.

Led by COUNT DOOKU, the Separatist Army has
    captured Chancellor Palpatine and is attempting to escape Coruscant.

Jedi Knights ANAKIN SKYWALKER and OBI-WAN
    KENOBI are leading the Republic forces sent to rescue
    the Chancellor and restore order to the galaxy...

Pan DOWN, to reveal hundreds of giant capital ships from both armies, locked in explosive combat. Two JEDI STARFIGHTERS zoom overhead to join the battle. Dozens, then hundreds, of REPUBLIC STARFIGHTERS trail.

EXT: JEDI STARFIGHTER - COCKPIT.

ANAKIN: Red Group, Green Group, follow me.

PULL BACK to reveal a huge REPUBLIC FIGHTERS in 3 ?V? FORMATIONS. The respective formation leaders look toward Anakin?s fighter, and nod in agreement.

ZOOM IN: REPUBLIC FIGHTER - COCKPIT

TROOPER: Yes, sir.

ZOOM OUT: SPACE

The FIGHTERS peel off from the main formation, following the shimmering red of Anakin?s new fighter.
    The camera follows them through their manoeuvre, trembling and shaking with the barrage of laser fire bearing down on the troops and their Jedi Leader.

Pan sharply RIGHT to reveal an exploding REPUBLIC STARSHIP. The vacuum of space pulls dozens of STORMTOOPERS through a gaping wound in the ship.

We follow the STARFIGHTERS as they begin firing wildly at hundreds, if not thousands of FEDERATION DROID STARFIGHTERS. Anakin leads a majority of the REPUBLIC FIGHTERS through the enemy formation to relative safety. He is confident and self-assured as a military leader, and commands the respect of the entire Republic Fleet.

INT: JEDI STARFIGHTER

OBI-WAN: Anakin! What are you doing?

Anakin replies over a COM-LINK, worn across OBI-WANS forehead.

ANAKIN (V.O.): We?ve just lost one ship; we can?t afford to lose another.

OBI-WAN looks concerned.

OBI-WAN thinks over his next move. He quickly comes to a decision.

OBI-WAN: Blue Group, follow me. We?ll cut them off at their rear. Shaak Ti?s signal is coming from that Cruiser over there.

INT: JEDI STARFIGHTER ? INSTRUMENT PANEL, showing the giant FEDERATION FLAGSHIP on a futuristic RADAR.

Obi-Wan (V.O.)...we?ll have to try to board.

INT: REPUBLIC FIGHTER

BLUE LEADER: Roger that, sir.

EXT: SPACE. Obi-Wan?s Green JEDI STARFIGHTER leads his formation through the heart of the battle, weaving between giant STARSHIPS engaged in desperate battle. Many of the REPUBLIC FIGHTERS are lost to crossfire and TRADE FEDERATION DROID STARFIGHTERS. QUICK-CUTS to cockpit shots of various other Jedi, including PLO KOON and SAESEE TIN, amongst others.

INT: REPUBLIC FIGHTER

STORMTROOPER: Sir! I?m under heavy fi-

EXT: SPACE. He is cut off as his ship EXPLODES. OBI-WAN is left alone, the only survivor of his wing. He continues to skilfully dodge enemy fire, and destroys several enemy STARFIGHTERS.

EXT: ANAKIN?S STARFIGHTER. The camera trails behind Anakin?s fighter as he executes perfect dodges, barrel-rolls, dives and other aerobatics, dodging a merciless barrage of laser-fire and destroying dozens of DROID STARFIGHTERS. There is no doubt he is the best star-pilot in the fleet.

INT: ANAKIN?S STARFIGHTER. Anakin is clearly enjoying himself.

ANAKIN: Having fun, Master Obi-Wan?

OBI-WAN replies over Com-Link, in a playful, if pressured voice.

OBI-WAN (V.O.): Let me remind you who your master once was, my old Padawan.

ANAKIN laughs.

ANAKIN: I?d hate to have to prove you wrong.

He continues to destroy everything in his sights. Several REPUBLIC FIGHTERS explode behind Anakin.

Various shots of REPUBLIC PILOTS being killed.

EXT: OBI-WAN?S FIGHTER. Obi-Wan, still alone, barrel rolls past the BRIDGE of the FEDERATION FLAGSHIP

INT: FEDERATION FLAGSHIP ? BRIDGE.
    COUNT DOOKU is pondering

2. cheese_boy

cheese_boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    EXT: KASHYYK ? AFTERNOON

MASTER YODA is watching the battle unfold. REPUBLIC STORMTROOPERS fight over land and water aboard giant HOVERCRAFT. Several WOOKIEES have joined the battle, and are fighting ferociously, pulling droids apart with their claws as well as using their technology. The battle draws to a close quickly. One of the WOOKIEES approaches Yoda.

WOOKIEE: Roars and growls in his native language.

YODA: Owe to your people, the Republic does, Chewbacca.

CHEWBACCA grunts appreciatively.

YODA senses something through the FORCE. His face drops.

YODA: Commander.

COMMANDER: Yes, Sir?

YODA: Get me a ship. Happened on the capital, something terrible I fear.

INT: GALACTIC SENATE CHAMBER

Palpatine has called for another emergency session. ANAKIN eyes BAIL ORGANAS Senate Pod. BAIL is not there. Standing beside the CHANCELLOR are ANAKIN, MAS AMEEDA GENERAL WILHUF TARKIN and two red-robed ROYAL GUARDS.

PALPATINE: Senators, after the assassination of my aide, I came before you to discuss the future of the Republics association with the Jedi. Now, honourable delegates, that debate has been settled. This evening, Jedi Master Mace Windu, a high-ranking member of the Jedi Council, forcefully entered my office and made an assassination attempt on my life.

SENATORS gasp and chatter amongst themselves as the claims repercussions sink in.

PALPATINE: I was fortunate to have my Protector with me. It was Master Skywalker who fought off the Jedi, and saved my life. But one thing is clear ? the Jedi can no longer be trusted. For too long has this Republic been subordinate to their whims. (SENATE claps) Too long has their position gone unchallenged. I am declaring a State Of Emergency until the Jedi have been brought to justice for their crimes. If the Jedi would be so bold as to try and assassinate Your Leader, we can only imagine what other atrocities they are capable of. We must break away from the Jedi. The Senate must no longer follow their judgement blindly. If it doesn?t, it must be prepared to deal with more and more war Galactic civil wars, and to let the Jedi consolidate their power as rulers of the Senate. They are enemies of the Senate. If you are not with us, you are against us, and as traitorous as the corrupt Jedi.

A SENATE POD floats forward.

ALIEN SENATOR (Angrily): I agree! If they have the audacity to attack the Chancellor, who knows what they could be capable of next. The debate is over - the Jedi are traitors!

The entire SENATE CHAMBER echoes with agreement.

PALPATINE: It is with this in mind, I propose a New Galactic Order, (SENATORS APPLAUD). The Republic shall become a Galactic Empire, with myself as Emperor. The Galaxy needs a strong leader to take it through this dangerous time. I am assured I can trust in the support of the Senate?

STORMTROOPERS begin to line the entrances to the Senate Chamber, and enter the SENATE PODS, taking position by the side of nervous Senators. They begin slowly clapping in tentative, and extremely fearful, support.

A single SENATE POD floats forward, carrying a group of MON CALAMARI SENATORS. One speaks.

MON CALAMARI: This is outrageous! We demand the Chancellor relinquish these powers immediately! This is an affront to everything the Republic stands for!

A few SENATORS half-heartedly boo the Squid-like senator. PALPATINE says nothing as his pod floats back to it?s position. The Senate SILENCES as TROOPS PULL the Senators from their pod. They kick and squirm in panic, to no avail.

Any other dissenters quickly exit. The newly proclaimed EMPEROR PALPATINE and ANAKIN stare proudly but sternly as the muffled cries of their enemies die away.

INT: PALPATINES OFFICE

The newly formed GALACTIC EMPIRE is already in session.

ANAKIN: When the Jedi hear about this, they?ll come back to Coruscant as fast as they can. They won?t be easy to convince.

PALPATINE: Only you have the power to stop the enemies of the Empire, Anakin. Start with the Jedi Temple. You must end them.

PALPATINE: I have n

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.