*SPOILERS*A question to those who have read spoilers *need less to say but* SPOLIERS

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by Mazer-Rackham, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazer-Rackham Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have heard that Anikin slaughters a group of sand people after they "hurt" his mom. I am hoping to see this scene in the movie because it shows his darkside great. But i heard that it was cut. Is this true or will it be in it?
  2. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    They do not Hurt his mom, THEY KILL HER
    And yes he slaughters an entire tribe, its in the graphic novel, I dunno about the movie
  3. Mazer-Rackham Jedi Knight

star 1
    "hurt"= kill
    and thanks for the info
  4. JoeB-1_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

***SPOILERS***
    The tusken raiders do take Shmi captive and Anakin rushes out on Owen's swoop bike to find her. When he does, she is in a Tusken tent barely alive. She awakens to she her son, says a few words and dies in his arms. Anakin is extremly confused at this point. Emotion is running out of control through his head. We see him meditating on top of a dune with the Tusken encampment below, then as the twin suns begin to rise so does Anakin. He ignites his lightsaberand heads toward the camp. We do not see him kill the whole camp only a few. It is rumored that a child tusken raider runs behind a tent to find Anakin and two slain raiders at his feet. The childs mother follows behind the child, also sees Anakin and calls for others. Anakin kills up to 7 tuskens before Lucas fades to the next scene. If you want more go to swmovies.net for a complete scene-by-scene account for the movie. They are pretty accurate.

Joe
  5. Otto_den_Ktulu Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow, that's pretty Dark Side of him. I don't mean to sound like a softy on this part, but I hope he doesn't kill the kid and the mother, although I know that Lucas wouldn't be that much of an idiot to do so. Oh, and Nicky gave me a site to a scene-by-scene script of the movie, near the end is a scene not to unlike one that we have seen in another of the SW movies. And that scene gives more power to the end scene of a different SW movie...
  6. JoeB-1_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

***SPOILERS***
    Sorry to let you in on this but Anakin kills them all, man, woman, and child. After Anakin tells Padme, that "it's Obi-Wan's fault, he's holding me back!" like we have seen in the trailer, Padme asks Anakin "what's wrong?" He replies, "I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. Not just the men...No. The women and children, too. They're like animals and I slaughtered them like animals." I got this quote from a scan of the AOTC comic book. I think it's pretty cool and I think it awesome that Lucas doesn't show the audience the carnage Anakin inflicts on the tribe of Tusken Raiders.
    Peace
    Joe
  7. Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't remember that part from the script, however, the script that I read (and Chris read it too ;) ) was an early copy so some of the scenes aren't there... :D
  8. JoeB-1_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Yeah, it's from the comic book, so I believe it to be pretty accurate. I also believe that Lucas did a lot of call backs and reshoots after primary filming was finished. For instance the scene with Anakin and Palpatine is said to be added after primary filming was completed. If you want spoilers I have a ton. I know the movie pretty well right now. I am one of those fans who saw the two Episode I trailers and made my own movie out of those two which needless to saw wasn't close to what I was expecting and was very disappointed when I did see TPM. So I am reading almost every spoiler I get my grubby hands on. And like I said before, I feel the best site for spoilers is swmovies.net, the scene-by-scene section, or you can just by the book now. Peace out

Joe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.