JCC Spoilers beyond this point: The "ZOMG Episode VII" Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    [face_blush] Memory playing tricks on me. :p
    Last edited by Everton, Oct 31, 2012
  2. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Who said they would have to be old? If it is indeed the continuation of Luke, Han and Leia's story (again, doubtful) then it makes no sense continuing their story as old people.
  3. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    gabe usually shows up when mentioned somehow. it's eerie.

EDIT

also good grief it is getting annoying to have a post that has mine quoted... and someone likes it and i get an alert that someone quoted me. from something twenty pages ago.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Oct 31, 2012
    Juliet316 likes this.
  4. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Maybe this is why the Legacy comic was suddenly pulled from production.

A girl can hope, right?
  5. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Does the idea of a Joss Whedon-scripted Star Wars really sound so bad? Is there anyone who really wouldn't like to see humorous banter return to the franchise? Human interest? Fantasy characters that real people can actually relate to? Not that it's going to happen. But a Star Wars movie that George Lucas does not have totalitarian creative and budget control over is the only kind of new Star Wars movie I'm interested in seeing.

This is potentially great news. Despite all the sniping I've seen in the media about how dusty Star Wars is, it's not the brand that needs killing. All it needs is a fresh creative angle. Don't let any of the stinky EU stuff or the hacks who wrote it all anywhere near the movies. Get someone like Whedon to write the script. He could bring a new script closest to the Kasdan-influenced styles of ANH and ESB without making it seem dated. The dialogue of Firefly is a great model for a new Star Wars movie. Mal was always a slightly funnier and less sexist Han Solo. Hell, just do a Firefly movie set in the Star Wars universe. I'm in. Start with a young smuggler and his ragtag ship crew working for an aging and jaded smuggler kingpin - Han Solo.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Oct 31, 2012
    Healer_Leona and Everton like this.
  6. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Of course this means that JR and I are going to have to resurrect the "There Is Still Good In Him..." thread yet again. 8-}
  7. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    1) Go to "Alert Preferences."
    2) Uncheck "Quotes your message."
    3) Click "Save."
    4) Problem solved.
  8. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Stover.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Unless Joss Whedon fanboys/girls learn to somehow not be super annoying, I don't want him anywhere near this. :p
    Last edited by Boba_Fett_2001, Oct 31, 2012
  10. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
    Same with Steven Moffat.
    Point Given likes this.
  11. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    They should get Ridley Scot to merge the Prometheus sequel with the next SW movie. Just go for total acid trip and hope for the best.
  12. Darth-Lando Force Ghost

star 6
  13. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Hey now.
    Last edited by Katya Jade, Oct 31, 2012
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  14. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I'm no rabid Whedon fan. Avengers was so-so for me. But Firefly was like a little Star Wars miniseries, only without FTL travel or lightsabers.
  15. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  16. PrincessKenobi E7 Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I love Joss as much as the next fan girl but I think he would be a bad fit for Star Wars. Plus he will be busy with avengers 2.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk
  17. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    but i want to know when someone quotes me. just not when someone likes the post with the quote in it. that just strikes me as being weird.
  18. G-FETT Force Ghost

star 7
    The Jedi Council is the best placed Star Wars forum to capitalise on Episode VII, given that its the only one thats really stayed active all these years.

However it turns out, its going to be like rolling back the years. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  19. Healer_Leona Scattegories Host. Manager Emeritus

Game Host
    star 9
    I'm sure with Avengers 2 and Shield Joss Whedon would be far too busy, but I'd love to see him do something SW.

And Whedon fans are no more annoying then any other fanboys/girls. They just have more right to be. :p
  20. GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Master

star 1
    i just hope disney does it right and makes a summer blockbuster about chewbacca and an eight-year-old han solo fighting crime
  21. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Whedon would be a debacle. Nolan would not be consistent with the tone or theory of star wars. JJ would be too fanboyish and I don't think they have slurpees in the GFFA. The only solution is ABED NADIR.
    PrincessKenobi likes this.
  22. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I don't care whether Whedon writes it. My main point is that Firefly really captured the right tone for dialogue and character interaction that a new Star Wars trilogy could aspire to. Or, it could take the John Carter of Mars route: utterly humorless, epic and overblown, with an unlimited effects budget and not a single character who stands out as someone the audience can really relate to. What we know for sure is that Disney is capable of both. They control Pixar and Marvel, which represent distinct styles of mostly successful filmmaking. And we have classic Disney live action and the Star Wars prequels, which represent another style. All the articles and commenting we saw popping up yesterday about how Disney was crazy to buy this tired Star Wars brand - that's the net effect of the prequels. Trust in the Star Wars brand is not high. If Disney wants it to succeed, they need to do something else besides what Lucas did with the prequels.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Oct 31, 2012
  23. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    The poll on TF.N today has Clint Eastwood as a choice. I think this is the only option.
  24. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    They should keep Whedon away from Star Wars at all costs. Let him play in his own little world and stay out of ours.
  25. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Double post
    Last edited by rumsmuggler, Oct 31, 2012