JCC Spoilers beyond this point: The "ZOMG Episode VII" Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    There's going to be an episode 7? YAY!! I think....
  2. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    George Lucas said in the video that he has detailed outlines for Episodes 7 through 9, which he sold to Disney, and that he'll be working as a creative consultant on the new Sequel Trilogy.

Lucas said in the same video that the Sequels will build on the EU books/comics.
    Last edited by Summer Dreamer, Oct 30, 2012
    Thrawn1786 likes this.
  3. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    As someone who has never, ever considered the EU canon, I can't help but be happy about that prospect. Some of the EU is good fun, but a movie series should be beholden to the movies, not the books (oh yay, we get to start canon wars all over again!)

Disney used to own Miramax. This didn't stop them from making incredibly mature stuff. I don't think people understand what one media company owning another really means.
  4. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    The import thing is that these boards will be relevant again, and we will be as gods!
  5. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    He even mentioned the books and comics in that same sentence. There's hope for canon yet.
    Summer Dreamer likes this.
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i guess i didn't notice anything with the thrawn trilogy.

no i wouldn't not enjoy them. heck, i'd probably still read them again. but it could make it where the entire thing doesn't even exist anymore. that's typo's biggest concern, and honestly mine.

why is everyone making the assumption that the big three won't show up? wouldn't that, in some ways, defeat the biggest draw of a post ROTJ movie?
    MrZAP likes this.
  7. tom Chosen One

star 6
    before the prequels came out it was impossible to imagine them being bad. now my perception of star wars has gone completely the other way to the point where i really can't imagine this being good. yes, the fact that lucas isn't writing or directing gives it a small glimmer of hope. but the prequels still exist, star wars is forever tainted.
    Debo likes this.
  8. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I can't imagine Harrison Ford ever agreeing to appear. He did Indy 4, but I think his view toward Han Solo is less charitable.
  9. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    if you're talking the actors, then no. i don't see how they can be used. i was more thinking the characters. seems rather obvious that they'll be recast.
  10. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Agreed, though he might as he mellows a bit with old age (still mumbles a lot with old age; see also: Garman, Ralph).

Really from what I remember hearing you'd only need Hamill and after the Joker, he could probably do with the work?
  11. tom Chosen One

star 6
    harrison ford would do it. he pretty much only acts for the paycheck and doesn't even watch his own films. i really don't think he gives a ****. look at the other films he's done in the last ten years.
  12. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE WAS ACE. SO WAS MORNING GLORY. Though, misleading title.

If not, Dennis Quaid is a passable Harrison Ford these days...
  13. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Well, that's a good way to make fans hate the films long before they're released.

I think it will be more akin to a reboot, long into the future and will an all-new cast (with perhaps cameos). I can't imagine them not leaving open the possibility for Episodes X-XII if these things make enough money.

Only time and grumpiness will tell.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Oct 30, 2012
  14. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    @ guy: i'd have thought most of us had made peace with the fact that the big three were too old to ever show up in a new movie. if not we certainly should have.
    Thrawn1786 likes this.
  16. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    So...much...PT hate spewing. UGH![face_tired]
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Maybe they'll do it much further in the future, after the OT characters are dead.

Also, what of the 3D releases? Are they going to be dropped or keep running? Bearing in mind the are likely to still be running in 2015 which will clash with the new movie.
    Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  18. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I don't see why those characters are even necessary.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Oct 30, 2012
  19. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
  20. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    If they didn't want to be hated, they shouldn't have been terrible. It's simple as that. :p

Also, I equally dislike the revisions and edits to the classic trilogy that Lucas has done since. They just diminish great films; the prequels weren't ever great, you see. :)
  21. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    the actors, i agree. the characters, i don't see how they can really expect that much of a draw without them honestly.
  22. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    They'll probably appear as cameos, at least.

I wonder if the new sequel trilogy will be focused on Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Allana Djo Solo... or if it will be completely new characters outside of the Skywalker/Solo family?
  23. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I really hope it's far down the road.
  24. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Why not? Star Trek did a whole new television series with only a couple cameos and guest spots from the original cast and it was far more successful than the original.
    Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  25. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i guess we'll just have to wait and see all the way around. i have no expectations on this whatsoever, it's just initial thoughts at this point.
  26. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I highly doubt HF would do it. He's not just about money, he doesn't need it. He does films he thinks will be fun, and he's always loved Indy. He doesn't loathe SW but he also doesn't need it, nor does he feel particularly attached to Han. And do we really think Carrie is going to show up with the heavy smoker's voice as sweet little Leia? Lol. I think the only one I could see maybe making a cameo would be Hamill as an old Luke. Maybe in sort of an ANH Obi-Wan type role. But really I think it would more likely be a smaller role than that.

I would be fine with it being so far in the future that all of them are just legends by now. But even if it's going to be near future and try to continue the Skywalker family, I wouldn't expect HF or Carrie to come back.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they focused on the next generation, though. I wonder if they would consider keeping some of the names, even if they altered the characters substantially from the books. Mostly I just think the general concept of Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo is kind of too good to pass up, if indeed they're planning on making it connected at all to those families.