main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, I thought she was a Jenny Craig spokesperson or something, but I decided to go with all caps.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    They did that in the EU.

cratylus likes this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Trimaj

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...0068fa-22f2-11e2-92f8-7f9c4daf276a_story.html

4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    lowie, seriously?

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i very seriously have doubts that they would have released that kind of information yet dreamer. especially considering that pretty much nowhere else made mention of that information. just find it very hard to believe.

and that is also so vague that it doesn't really mean much of anything.

6. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    In reverse, but sort of. Junior Jedi Knights had a character that, as an adult, becomes a mermaid. So it's moer of a thing of Little Mermaid in reverse. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Junior_Jedi_Knights:_Lyric's_World

And now to get things all kinds of weird. Lyric's species is a Melodie. The sequel to Little Mermaid features Ariel's daughter wanting to return to the sea and becoming a mermaid. That daughter's name is Melody.

7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Ugh, mainstream press spreading misinformation. VII-IX were originally going to continue the adventures of the Big Three, but that was all compressed into RotJ. The reporter is just going off ancient info he probably Googled or got from a blog post whose author Googled info. We know practically nothing about what these new versions will be. I'm not going to believe anything that isn't in the official press releases and vids right now.

8. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012

Supposedly they've been working on the script for over six months so it's possibly that info is accurate.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok, I hope every single facet of the EU is broken now. It doesn't deserve life.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Lyric got killed by the Vong (i.e., horribly), IIRC, so there's that.

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i get that. but you don't announce something major like this, and THEN add more on top of it that quickly. there has been nothing officially announced AT ALL, and i'm not believing anything that isn't official. doing anything else at this juncture is just silly/stupid.

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Lusa the topless centaur girl, too. The fantasy-beast Jedi count is now much lower.

14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    qft. you're all pigs.

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Too late.

16. Bender666

Oct 30, 2012
    Thank you for your informative post. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

17. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Wow. Just Wow.

Can't wait for more details..

So funny seeing all these names back on here - I've been away for some time as well but it really feels like the 90's when the PT was announced!

18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    They've been pitching ideas since June, Lucas submitted a story outline he wanted. No one's actually sat down to write the script yet.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    * They are NOT saying "The main Star Wars saga is complete, and now we're going to make additional movies that build on that core saga."

* No, they're calling this "Episode VII, Episode VIII, and Episode IX."

From this information alone, we know the Sequel Trilogy will continue the main story, or at least the main characters and main themes, from the first six episodes.

We also know, from this information alone, that it will be set after Episode VI.

So at least cameos by Luke, Han, Leia, and their children/grandchildren are very likely.

cratylus and SithLordDarthRichie like this.
  20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    some of the stuff i've seen suggests it's been longer than that, but dunno how accurate that is at all. i doubt very. but the thing with disney buying lucasarts probably has been in the works since then.

EDIT

but in no way guaranteed dreamer. and again, there has been no official word on anything about that.

EDIT 2

actually strike that. i just remembered something from the conference call i listened to that said (or suggested) that the first movie is in pre-production now.

21. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    You show Lusa some respect.

I swear, there was something just... cruel about some of those death scenes. They seriously existed just to clear out the list of characters. Also see: Dorsk 82

22. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i can't wait to be really sarcastic to people who have no idea how this whole thing works and then probably get banned for it.

because that's how it works here.

23. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Some things never change... The name "Mayor" comes to mind... and that was 14 years ago.

24. Bender666

Oct 30, 2012
    My mistake. I had seen writers mentioned in another article and thought they had at least started the script. They want it out in 2015?

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Pretty sure those two were killed offscreen. It was glorious.