main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I didn't watch the last full season, JoinTheSchwarz but I did see the ones that were completed prior to the cancellation of the show. The whole Maul arc was annoying.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I hated the idea, but I thought the execution was pretty good. It felt like the opposite of the PT: the PT took gold and managed to get **** out of it, TCW took **** and managed to get something pretty good. So, did you see the whole Maul arc, or are the Netflix episodes what you still haven't seen?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, I saw the netflix - so I guess season 6? But I couldn't get into S5 because of the reborn Maul nonsense.

And I've said before; I didn't mind TCW and it was lightyears better than the prequel films. I loved Hondo and I thought Cad Bane was an excellent idea, albeit very meta ("let's have a Boba Fett... who's not actually Boba..."). Mannequin was at least more interesting but his fall is not especially convincing. But yeah, Maul, the whole Barriss Offee arc? Skipped.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    The way the Maul Reborn arc closes (except for an annoying detail Lucas added at the last minute) is top notch, IMO, the best that could have happened; plus it stars Obi-Wan instead of Lil' Ani, and that's always a plus. The Offee arc was pretty good (it had Ventress, Tarkin, and some delicious Imperial-esque designs), even if the resolution of the whodunit was completely ridiculous, but it was a pretty good (accidental) closure for Ahsoka's character arc.

SithLordDarthRichie and EHT like this.
  5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What was the Lucas detail?

6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    That last Maul episode was the best TCW episode, hands down.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Trade negotiations

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Maul surviving instead of being executed by Sidious.

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    honestly, both sound like Lucas, so...

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The one with Sidious having two sabers & spinning about PT Yoda style?

Seriously?

They went way overboard with that

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Eminence and The Lawless were the only two good episodes in season 5.

I hated the Maul resurrection, rage-quit the show for a half season afterwards, which is too bad because I watched the best episode in the entire series--Bounty--much later than I should have.

But I ended up enjoying what the show did with Maul and I liked the SoD comics.

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I liked the Onderon and Young Jedi story arcs. They were both at least one episode longer than they should have been, I'll grant you that.

13. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    which season had the episode with the big dragon thing flying around coruscant? i think right around that period was the peak of the show. that die hard-ian bounty hunter episode was great.

14. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    wall of sick Do you mean the Zillo Beast?

I liked Revival, but for very simple reasons: Obi Wan being badass (FOR ONCE), Hondo (He's the only TCW character I've warmed to; he cracks me up), and NO AHSOKA [face_party] .

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    ^ It also features Maul's most impressive display of the Force.

The thing I liked about Onderon was Iziz. It actually felt like Iziz from the EU. It captured the vibe.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Maul was done well in TCW, you got an idea of what he was like as a Sith Lord far more than from his few lines in TPM.

The problem is, bringing him back wasn't necessary. Surely Savage Oppress was created to be that show's equivalent of Maul, so why have Maul at all?

17. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about Maul. He's one of my favourites, but I like him better when he said nothing. In TCW he was all monologue, and not all his lines sounded as menacing as he wanted.
    Savage was a missed opportunity. He had a good backstory that I cared about, then when Maul entered the fold he was "just the sidekick". Also this has always confused me: Were they like "brothers brothers" or did they just call everybody brother like the clones?

DurararaFTW likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    They were brothers brothers brothers brothers brothers brothers brothers.

No, really...they were brothers.

I think the Maul storyline should have been Savage's storyline, avenging his dead brother. Even if "Savagealore" does not pun as well for the name of an arc as "Mauldelore."

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh god yes. Savage Oppresa, brother of Maul. Just... Terrible. All wrong and cringe-worthy.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They should've had Maul come back by having him possess someone through an arm.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just find it amazing that someone could write the name "Savage Oppress" with a hand that heavy.

yankee8255 likes this.
  22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    We are talking about the guy who named Elan Slezabaganno and Droopy McCool.

jp-30 likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

No, I know all this, but Savage Oppress (pronounced as one would the French pronunciation) is a new low.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You'll love the Honor Harrington series, where an empire of French speakers goes through a revolution sparked by a man named Rob S. Pierre.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.