main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

I get what you're saying about people just wanting to suggest all their favorites, whether it's likely or not and whether they'd actually fit or not... but actually, Moffat wouldn't be a stretch as a writer considering he wrote Tin Tin, which Kathleen Kennedy produced, and which was well received. And obviously he has the writing experience and chops for it. But he can be ruled out anyway because he's so incredibly busy this next year I don't know how he's going to do the things he already has on his plate. Which is a shame because he'd probably write a hell of a SW film.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002

OH SNAP, can we get Vince Gilligan to direct a virus-infected C-3PO starting a spice-cooking operation?

Winged_Jedi likes this.
  3. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Gone from absolutely hating the idea of more Star Wars movies to making a desktop wallpaper with the release date on it...

[​IMG]

Feel free to use it if you wish.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I have mixed feelings. Lucas passing the torch is a good idea. Seriously, in the past 10 years I've seen fan films that were more engaging than the prequel trilogy. Hell, he should have done this way back in '97 or whenever when TPM was gearing up. And for that it feels too little too late. The prequels have been made. Blaaaaa.

Sure, passing the reigns gives another director the chance to do something great but at the same time, Disney now has this cash cow and we can't expect them to do anything less than squeeze every last drop from it...

Out of morbid curiosity I checked out Supershadow. My, he's just smug as all hell that this validates everything he's been saying for years.

tom and SithLordDarthRichie like this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, even though Moffat's got Sherlock and the 50th anniversary of Who on his 2013 schedule (not to mention the rest of Who S7 and S8), he was, in away under the Lucasfilm umbrella working for Spielberg. But, as solojones has said, Moffat's busy for at least the next two years anyway (and RTD is busy with Wizards vs Aliens)

Edit: And Moffat's Spielberg connection was why I tossed the name out there in the first place.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But yeah, that doesn't negate that Steven Moffat wouldn't be at all an inappropriate choice were he not so busy. He's one of the best sci-fi/fantasy writers working in television or film. He'd handle it really well. But alas.

I wonder what Neil Gaiman is up to.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

If I were BBC/Moffat, I'm probably on the phone with him locking him up for writing Doctor Who eps until 2015. ;):p

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Keep Whedon away from Star Wars please. There are better people to do a Yuuzhan Vong war series

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably a good thing he'll be busy the next few years overseeing the various Avengers related stuff. :p

11. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Speculation time: Cloned Emperors! Giant green kickboxing rabbits!

12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    From The Adventures of Rock Skywalker and Lando Calrissian Junior.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Stop ignoring the ******* Muppets!

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    They've owned the Muppets for quite a while. It slips the mind.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Andalite Bandit for film runner

16. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I've come to these forums to read a discussion about Star Wars, that hasn't happened in a very long time.

I blame you for this Disney!

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Leland Chee has understandably been getting tonnes of questions on Twitter...
    [​IMG]
    This quote (from George's interview today) gives me hope that it'll respect continuity.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I bet Ahsoka Tano is the new main character!

PrincessKenobi and jp-30 like this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    What if Dave Filoni is made director....

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    So was it a dream?

21. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
  22. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    BEST NEWS IN SW HISTORY!!! The Emperor has finally been vanquished thanks to his long-time weakness...cold, hard CA$H!

There is finally a chance for the series to be redeemed. There is finally hope for a good SW film. This is seriously one of the biggest news stories in film history! The franchise is finally in different hands and there is potential for someone to work on it who has actual film-writing and directorial abilities!!! Unbelievable. This is bigger than the pre-TPM run-up.

Disney now has the chance to elevate the franchise to the level it deserves. The way they have handled the Marvel films gives a lot of confidence that they can do this right. If these films are anywhere close to the level to the X-Man First Class in terms of acting, direction and writing, it will be mind-blowing.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Now, speaking honestly...

I think the best option would be a distant sequel. The original saga is done: maybe it wasn't intended to be Anakin's story when the first movie was released, but it is now. Anything that added to it would be out of place, like Jackson releasing "Lord of the Rings IV: Frodo, Merry and Pippin versus Saruman".

Start a new saga, set centuries after ROTJ, with new characters and the classic backdrop of the Force, Jedi, lightsabers, aliens and droids. You can even have Artoo for cohesiveness if you really want to. Create new characters that hook a new generation while using a proven formula.

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So, you want them to make Legacy into a film, in short.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Without the angst, preferably. Teehee.

I mean, the Legacy authors took the same path because they were looking to create a new ongoing saga, and Disney appear to want to do the same.

Ender_Sai likes this.