main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I hope Daisy is Leia's kid and her name isn't something ****ing stupid like Jaina.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given they just gave the EU a kick in the gonads the other day, that doesn't seem likely.

LOL @ people online wanting her to be Mara Jade, she's way too young for that.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

i would have it more firmly in the "spazz" category. basically it seems like the boards crashed this morning when the cast announcement came through, and ive noticed more crashing in general lately

i dont want a bunch of lame-o n00bs asking questions about if jar-jar binks is going to be in the sequel trilogy and killing my fave god-hate forum

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005

thanks for educating me i forgot.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Her who?

Anyhoo, and speaking as someone who spent more than a buck or two on EU novels, I won't shed a tear on the fact that the EU has finally, officially been rendered meaningless AU. I can say I only favored the Zahn novels and not by much. So if that means no Mara Jade or Thrawn, eh, whatev. I'm giddily excited to see the geriatric, BenGay-lubed Big Three do their thing and deliver a true SW experience.

cratylus likes this.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Daisy Ridley, the new female lead.

7. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i promised myself not to care about this, but i must admit it's hard not to enjoy seeing the eu-fans go all apocalypse over this.
    i especially enjoyed reading a thread i just found about one dude in the euc forum here burning all the signed books he owned.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I've been watching the "we're screwed" series Years of Living Dangerously. It's the first time in the 21st century I've seen Harrison Ford give a **** onscreen. As bad as Episode VII is likely to be, it won't be an existential threat to humanity. So we're going to get bored Ford.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    [​IMG]

Other than Mark, Harrison, Carrie, Peter and the Abrams...I know no none there. I figure Mark (sporting an epic stache?) is speaking with Von Sydow, probably reminiscing on past VO work.

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Glad that there will be no zac efbong in the movie at least

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    And of course - unless I'm mistaken - they're all holding The Script? How fast do you figure that thing will be stolen and posted online?

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They have an astromech sitting there and they still sit around reading from paper? Have R2 project the screenplay and then it would be stored safely within its rusty innards where no-one can get hold of it.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Seriously... I've read some pretty hilarious meltdowns over the whole eu thing.

I don't give a **** about spoilers this time around (I never really did in the first place, though). With social media, etc, it's going to be impossible to remain completely spoiler free.

Also.... I guess there are no women in space... wtf sw?

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm amazed people are really so shocked, it was certain to happen the moment any movie or TV show covering post ROTJ was made.
    The Clone Wars already changed the EU continuity from the time between AOTC & ROTS.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Threads on fire regarding the EU off the shoulder of the Episode VII forums. I watched users stammer in the dark irritating the Mods. All those moments will be lost in locked threads...like tears on the keyboard...

16. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    yeah i know. it's nice to get some perspective. i mean, i stubbed my toe today, but at least i'm not burning all my belongings over a movie script.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Have the White House petitions gone up yet?

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Mark was actually sporting a very Jedi-like beard (I saw some spy picture from yesterday). And if you've seen Attack The Block, the kid on the upper-left played Moses in that movie.

cratylus likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well you just took a massive **** all over that.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, that's just racist.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Already criticism is coming JJ's way for the lack of women in the cast (and also based on the treatment of female characters in his Star Trek movies).

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/star-wars-cast-where-are-the-women/

I sympathise with the point the article is making, but the important thing surely is what the women do rather than how many there are.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    How about criticizing the lack of a good director? :D

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, despite all the legit criticisms here, I still can't help but get excited over this. SO WHAT. :p

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh when the EU news broke, I went over to Lit to see how they were coping.

Not well.

If the Episode VII forums were a collection of hyperactive and terrifyingly silly children running around, this was the funeral for a universally beloved head of state.

In other words, lol

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    It's nice not being invested in this. Some people are seriously outraged over both the casting and the eu... and it's really ****ing funny. I mean, I'll see the movie, and I have a better feeling about this trilogy than the last, but my expectations are low, and I'm not at all invested.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.