JCC Spoilers beyond this point: The "ZOMG Star Wars" Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Do you not know how this stuff works? Your comments suggest you do not.

This deal sees Lucasfilm Limited move under the Walt Disney Company as a division in the company, in the same way Pixar, Marvel and ESPN are. Lucasfilm will be a subsidiary of the Disney corporation, but as parent company Disney will only extend influence over things like appointments to the board. As Lucasfilm is not merged into and absorbed by Disney, there's nothing to suggest that any creative control will be ceded from Lucasfilm to Disney.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I have to wonder just how much of an option the decision makers involved have made of doing Old Republic instead of post-ROTJ. The adventures of young Yoda seem like a marketing goldmine.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    It's okay, we'll rename this thread to "Community Panics!" and move it to the Episode VII forum once it's set up.
    Dark Lady Mara and Healer_Leona like this.
  4. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I think they care more about something the moviegoing public will want to see and will find familiar than the utterly unrealistic wet dreams of fans. Who, as fickle beings, will buy all the merchandise anyway.
  5. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    God, I don't want to have to actually venture in the movie forums. Can't this be the dedicated JCC Episode VII (non-spoiler, like the old policies) thread? :p
    MrZAP likes this.
  6. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Does this mean we can go back to vicious message-board rivalries, spoiler-cabals and their sycophantic society of lickspittles, our beloved tradition of rabid hostility toward new posters, and an elitist hierarchy based almost solely on registration dates?
  7. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    They specifically said this will be based off of Lucas's outlines of EPISODES VII, VIII, and IX.

So there will definitely be a post-ROTJ sequel trilogy.

But they also said they'd make a movie every other year even after the ST is completed, and THAT will be open to every era.
  8. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Not allowing us to discuss this would be incredibly lame. So shut it? :p
    MrZAP and Healer_Leona like this.
  9. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    What do you mean, 'go back'?
  10. Master_Fwiffo Force Ghost

star 3
    So between this, Muppets and Marvel, Disney now owns almost all of my childhood. Lord help us if they get Hasbro, I'll just have to be branded with mouse ears.

Actually, you can go ahead and already brand me with mouse ears.
    Thrawn1786 likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Here come the cloners. Plapy =/= sidious, afterall...
    PrincessKenobi likes this.
  12. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, the JCC is mean. Still need WNU.
  13. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Precisely. We are talking not about the plot points, but about the socio-political ramifications of sustained childhood raping. Which, if the Republicans are to be believed, is a gift from God. So, thanks God for the prequels! You jerk.

We're also crushing anyone's dreams of the EU adaptation they wanted to see. Dream crushing is an important facet of the JCC.
    Last edited by Ender_Sai, Oct 30, 2012
  14. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Suprised Lucas sold his whole company and not jsut the SW rights, what about all the small movies he wanted to make? Is he going to found another studio for that?

If Disney owns Lucasfilm, can't it just fire everyone and put in whoever it wants to run the company for it? Surely it has the means to decide how often movies & other media are produced and what they are about.
    Disney must have the authority as owner of Marvel to decide how many Avengers movies there will be and which characters are in them (provided they have rights for said characters). I was of the impression it decides to let Pixar and the others be seperate entities because they were already well-run and it's good for business, not because it has to.

Surely if Disney wants a Toy Story 4, there will be one whether Pixar want it or not.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Oct 30, 2012
  15. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Who knows what the heck Disney are doing? They haven't said ANYTHING except they're making a 7th SW movie, and looking to make more beyond that.
  16. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Not without lowering the opinions of Lucasfilm by 80 and all their other vassals by 20.
  17. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I am VERY excited. My jaw just about hit the floor when I saw this on news tonight. Episodes VII, VIII and IX are DEFINETELY happening. ^:)^:cool::D[face_dancing]:eek:

And we will be getting more big screen Star Wars beyond that. X-wing franchise, Disney? Pretty please? And can we pretty please have Steven Speilberg direct the ST?
    Last edited by Chancellor_Ewok, Oct 30, 2012
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  18. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    So when do we get the Episode VII Spoiler Forum up and running? ;)
  19. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Of the sources I've seen, many say "Episode VII" as opposed to just a seventh Star Wars movie (it would be the 8th anyway if you include the Clone Wars movie). That suggests a continuation of the existing saga rather than a whole lot of new seperate movies that have nothing to do with the Saga films but are in the same universe.
  20. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    John Williams better live another 10 years.
  21. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Get In Line: A Social Countdown to Episode VII.
    G-FETT and PrincessKenobi like this.
  22. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I'll make one prediction now, whoever else may or may not be involved in Episode's VII to IX - R2D2 and C3PO will be involved.
    MrZAP and Juliet316 like this.
  23. YellowSaberMaster Force Ghost

star 1
    HOLY POOP ON A STICK~!!!!
    I haven't logged in since May 2003 apparently... THIS news made me jump on today.
    W.T.F.~!!!
    George, if ya COULDN'T do another trilogy (like you said there'd be WAAAAYYYY back when), you COULD have JUST SAID SO~!!!
    No, WAIT... YOU DID.
  24. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Honestly I thought it was all a cruel cruel twitter joke when I read it this afternoon.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Yes, because we made Ep 3's so easy on you. Grilled Sarlaac went into a monastery after 3SA closed.
    Summer Dreamer and G-FETT like this.