main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX ***SPOILERS*** Favorite Scenes, Characters?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Brand-X, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brand-X

Brand-X Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    -I guess Jango ended up being the Darth Maul of the film. Sad to see him go, but he should have KNOWN better than to try and roll up on MACE! He'll never be the head of a major corporation.

-Lots of people have been whining about Hayden, but I thought he did a great job! I totally buy Anakin as Vader now, especially after the Tusken scene. I thought Lucas handled the scene perfectly. He could have shown Anakin killing the clan, but instead, he let Anakin tell the story himself. You can hear the pain and conflict in his voice and see it on his face.

-I loved the "Jedi Family Tree" thing. Yoda-Dooku-QuiGon-ObiWan-Anakin. They are all rebellious and pass that on to their padawans. Luke breaks the vicious cycle. Awesome.

peace,
    Brand-X

2. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Hayden Christensen pulled it off marvelously. I figured he was going to be good, but his performance floored me.

3. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Yep, Hayden 'did his job well' lol!

And the Yoda fight was great!

Also, the Jango/Boba thing was awsome! Something for the EU folks to mess with for years to come.

Cant wait to see it again!!!

4. ionMech

ionMech Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    The honorable congregation of me concurs with the delegation of Kurgan1.

5. buddylove

buddylove Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I also thought Hayden did a very good job at his character. i could see the turmoil in him to do what is right but also he wanted to do things his way.

I loved the moment with Boba Fett looking at his father's helmet and in a way choosing his destiny.

I thought it was interesting that Yoda had a padawn turn to the Dark Side and that Obi-Wan had a padawn turn to the Dark Side.

6. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i knew that hayden would do a good job with anakin and he did...hey it's gotta be better than jake loyd (i'm sorry but i swear every line that came out of the kids mouth sounded like he was reading it off of a poster board some techie was holding up for him)...
    i loved jango fett, except for that fact that he killed zam, cause for her short time in the movie she was pretty cool....although anyone notice when boba picks up jango's helment after everyone's leaving the arena that nothing falls out which means that jango's helment was empty...in fact it said in the novel that boba picked up jango's empty helment...i remember how i was reading the novel a few weeks ago and as soon as it said mace windu decapitated jango i slammed my book closed and threw it down on the table (luckily i was in art and all the other students in the other art class in the room are so loud you can never hear half of anything)....
    hey i'm just curious, cuase i know it's not just me cause my friend i saw the movie with agreed with me, but did anyone notice how from the begining to the end yoda seemed to get a little more hair from time to time.... also something i thought was hilarious and one of the many things i snickered my head off at that my friend hit me for because no one else was laughing, was when obi-wan is on geonosis and before he gets caught and he first sees dooku and gunray and all the rest walk by he's standing there with his mouth open....i swear it makes me think of certain girls i've seen when putting on eye makeup...the mouth just hangs open for no reason....other things i was snickering about were the little love scenes between anakin and padme...i'm sorry but they were just so cheesy i couldn't help but laugh but since no on else was laughing me and my friend kept snickering becuase we think that it's rude to laugh out loud if no one else is doing it.
    well i think that's gonna be all that i babble on about for now....i wanna see it again!

7. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    About Jango's head, or lack of... Someone told me that he saw it fly out when Mace cuts it off. I need to see it again, cause I missed that the first time..

In fact I was hoping to see Boba, take the rocket pack and fly off, like a spoiler had said, but sence he is left on planet, with the whole suit, instead of leaving it behind makes a bit more sence to me. Now all he has to do is change the color of it.

And as for the love scenes, Lucas isn't the best at doing that, like Brandon said in another thread, Luke and Leia's kisses were just too creepy in hindsight!

But I thought they did a good job, and over all I'm very impressed and happy with the whole film, TV Ctitics be damned!!!

EDIT> that was a long run-on sentence above ;)

8. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    really now? i gotta go see it again to see if i manage to see his head...i was still mad about that though even though i knew it was going to happen....i wanted to just shout out "nooooo!" in the theater but i knew that if i had my friend who had brought me would have made me walk home...it wouldn't have been too bad though i don't guess, i mean i do only live about a 30-40min. walk from galaxy.

9. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Dont think the Head Poped out, but I have only seen it twice. One thing is for sure had yoda had another Minute there would be no Dooku. He was bout to slice him in a few more pieces than Lucas is willing to show.

My Favorite scene was when Hayden talked about killing the Tusken Raiders...

Very very Dark.

My Favorite Visual was the begining, The Naboo transport ship coming down thru the clouds.... ESPECIALLY in THX.....

oooo My

R2 ROCKS.... :D

10. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Dang, Because of the whole impact of the movie I forgot about all that.
    The beginning was cool!

As a former student of acting, I thought Hayden's Overall performance was 3.5 on a 5 scale at best.

BUT...

When it was time to show the dark side of himself that is when his performance kicked ass. I can see why Lucas chose him for the part. It was for the way he could portray evil. The evil Anakin I give a 5 on a 5 scale. The good Anakin I give a 2.

Damn, he had scary eyes didn't he?

As for kissing on Padme, how hard would it be to act that out?? She is SO HOT in this flick! I mean, if I was playing Anakin, it would be very hard for me to keep my tongue in!

The only dissappointment of the movie for me, (if there is one) is that I wanted to see more Padme skin!

Yeahhh, babyee!

11. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    In the Begining it looked like her Face was Fat.

But the last outfit she wore was nice... :p

Man he did look evil and all that slober worked really well too... Lol [face_devil]

Although I think he lacked in the Physical since. When you look at vader you look at this Big strong monster of a man. But when you look at Hayden you see a skinny Mad Runt.

But his evil is unquestionable he played that aspect Very Well.

12. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Vader was a grown man. Anakin at this point is somewhere between boy and man. He's got the height, but he still has to grow into his body. And he looked very much like Vader during those scenes with Palpatine.

I thought he was perfect as Anakin.

13. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    You're absolutely right!

As for favorite characters?

Think of all the movies we've ever seen and think of those that were untouchable. i.e. INVINCIBLE. Guys that come out without a scratch. (I mean, even Rambo got cut up) After the climatic Jedi Battle when Jango got his head handed to him, I thought the baddest dude I've ever seen was Mace Windu. UNTIL...

Yoda limps in and limps out of his fight scene. Fellas, Yoda is the GREATEST ACTION/ADVENTURE Character OF ALL TIMES!!!!!

And Dooku is one of the greatest bad guys of all time!

14. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    I think Perfect is too strong of a Word Brandon. But he did VERY well... Just think he is too small. But he did have the Whining down like Ani in EP1 and Luke in ANH... :D

15. ionMech

ionMech Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    I agree. The most impacting scene was when anakin told how he had slaughtered all those Tusken Raiders. A chill went down through my spine and resounded through the rest of my body. I was near if not in tears about how angered he was and what it was setting up for what was to come. I know that sounds weird but thats how I felt.

16. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    My fave: Jango Fett and Obi Wan sizing each other up in the apartment. The looks being exchanged were more electric than the fight itself.
    T. Morrison has such great screen presence, I wish Jango wasn't dead :(

Also: The dramatic center of the film, Ani's speech about the massacre.
    Chills down the spine? Damn straight.

17. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    To me the most dramatic part of the movie to me was when Anakin was holding his mom...and the discussed a few times that he had grwon up...then she said "I love" then she died.

Well let me tell you I had tears coming out of my eyes. I have a good relationship with my mother, much like Anakin and me being away from her (college)I just thought of me coming back home and looking at my mom for the last time. Trust me I would have done the same thing that he did. So I think I would have been a sucky Jedi

Christopher Lee was amazing. Although Dooku ran away from Yoda...he still looked so relaxed in his Solar Sailer.

I loved in the beginning when Jango came out of the darkness on the ledge with Zam...he looked like a guy out of a 50's serial...which was just sweet.

My favorite Seperatist was Wat Tambor from the Techno Union (the robot guy)

18. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    Kurgan - About Anaking getting bigger? Well who's to say that the Vader suit doesn't enhance his actual frame? ObiWan did say he was "More machine now than man"

My fav scene from AOTC
    - Anaking admitting that he's a crazy madman in his future son's garage. Think about the parallel! The father admits to murder and wanting to be all powerful in the same spot where the son admits to wishing to leave this place to maybe become something he always dreamed of!!! Makes my brain hurt!

(Second fav scene - ObiWan meets Jango for the first time. I loved it!)

19. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    Wow, there were a lot of them....

The opening sequence with the royal starship approaching Coruscant. ( Hey, how about that pan UP after the intro blurb? ) Sheer beauty...anyone notice how it sounded like a Flying Fortress with huge turboprops? That whole sequence was gorgeous.

The speeder chase through Coruscant's lower levels. Man, there was SO much going on it was hard to focus on one thing. I got a real sense of vertigo watching Obi-Wan, then Anakin freefalling through the traffic. Obi-Wan snatching up Anakin's saber was SHARP.

The Kaminoans. It was pretty cool, the way doors blossomed open and chairs twirled down from the ceiling. And flying whales! Yay!

Yoda and the younglings. Very nice sequence. "Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet! How embarrassing!" That brought out a chuckle.

Padme in anything revealing. Oh lord, was she gorgeous. She has a smile that just melts my heart.

Anakin the Tusken Killer and the aftermath of Shmi's death. I actually had tears in my eyes when he confessed what he'd done. THAT was moving.

The Battle of Geonosis. In-tense.

Anakin and Obi-Wan getting their butts handed to them by Dooku...and then...I went NUTS when Yoda whipped out his saber and went Billy Bad-A$$ on Dooku. NOTHING could have prepared me for that. God, that was INSANE!

Yoda's final line. "VICTORY!? Victory, you say?"

More to come the more I see it.

Bri

20. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    True, but he's still at the stage where he has yet to grow into his body. However, much of his size could very well be mechanical 'upgrades'.

21. SithDaddy

SithDaddy Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2001
    SithDaddy here,

Haven't posted in a long time. I typically prefer to hang out with you guys at meetings, expos, movies and whatnot. But this movie rocks so much that it has inspired even me to post. The following is one of my favorite scenes. I have translated it for the "double-entendrely" challenged:

Taun We: This is Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi. He's come to check on our progress. (Translation: Uh-Oh! You in trooouuuuubbbllle!)

Jango Fett: That right? (Translation: Aw ****!!)

Obi-Wan: Your clones are very impressive. You must be proud. (Translation: You're a amoral bastard and I don't trust you as far as I can throw you!)

Jango Fett: I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. (Translation: Stop bull****ting me Jedi and get to the point!)

Obi-Wan: Ever make your way as far into the interior as Coruscant? (Translation: I know you shot Zam Wessell with a Saber Dart you sick sonofabitch!)

Jango Fett: Once or twice. (Translation: I know you do.)

Jango Fett: Do you like your army? (Translation: Cause it'll take one if you expect to bring me in.)

Obi-Wan: I look forward to seeing them in action. (Translation: I look forward to wiping that smug-assed look off your face with my lightsaber, punk!)

Jango Fett: They'll do their job well. I'll guarantee that. (Translation: If you so much as say the word lightsaber I'll shove it up your ass and ignite it! I'll guranatee that!)

Obi-Wan: Thanks for your time, Jango. (Translation: I'll see you outside, *******.)

Jango Fett: Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi. (Translation: Hope you ate your motherf***in' Wheaties Nancy-Boy!)

This scene was a classic. One of the best of the entire series!

Kevin out.

22. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL [face_laugh]

Man thats a Riot....

The Sad Part is that when I watch a part where I think it is Obvious, the jedi have a way of making you think they dont know a damn thing when they actually do.... That was a good scene...

23. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    HAHAHA!!! That's just great Kevin. Luv that translation. :)

I will freely admit to having tears by the end of the "Shmi's Death" scene. And I know it's not only the sadness of her tragedy and the look on Ani's face, but also of the repercussion of her death.... what is about to come. And by the end of his speach to Padme where he confesses it all, I was damn near scared of him!! I had VERY HIGH expectations for those scenes, and watching them come to fruition just blew my expectations away!!

One more thing that I love about this movie (and Phantom Menace) is the way they are changing the way we look at the original trilogy. Before, the center of your focus was on Luke, Leia, and Han. But have any of you tried to go back and watch ESB or ROTJ since watching AOTC? IF you have not yet, let me warn you now (cause I have), you start to see Vader in a whole new light. He begins to steal the center of attention from Luke and crew now that you know more of his story and you have grown more of an attachment to him. Also, the assumption that the Seperatist movement could quite likely become the Rebellion makes you view the Geonosian battle in a new light. What if they would have won that battle? Would the Republic have never become Empire? Would that have stopped Palpatine from becoming the Emperor? To think that the Jedi may have been fighting on the wrong side of that battle had they have known. And if the Seperatist movement does become the Rebellion, how does that make you feal about Count Dooku, the leader of the Seperatist? Without him, there may be no Rebellion. Talk about a tragic hero.

Anyway, just some things to think about. "Meditate on this I will".

24. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    See mike I think that Sidious is controling both side so no matter what side wins he still wins. Keep in mind he is the one that sent the droids in EP1 and Jengo was employed by Lord Tyranus and the clone army was ordered by most likely his boss so if the clones win then he wins if the droids win he wins.

He Did it all........

Evil SOB
    but man is he Smart... to think he died so easily because he was blinded by his own hatred and evil.... Scary

25. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Good point, but it still makes you think more about Dooku possibly starting the Rebellion. It was Dooku that convinced the other star systems to leave the Republic to join the Seperatist movement. And although it was all engineered by Sidous, he had to remain the leader (in public view) of the Senate, opposing the Seperatists. So even though Dooku wasn't the mastermind behind it, he was the face on the Seperatist movement. Which again, makes him the father of the Rebellion, by proxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.