main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX ***SPOILERS*** Favorite Scenes, Characters?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Brand-X, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Now doesnt that suck you come... Up with a mastermind plan that makes you the surpreme ruler of the known universe, but in doing so you also create the rebellion that is responsible for your own demise.... Thats Gotta suck if thats true...

Guess we wont know for 3 more years... :eek:

2. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    NICE exposition, fellas.

I'll go way out on a limb here and postulate that Dooku will realize what Palpie's doing to consolidate power for himself, that what will be become the Empire is NOT what Dooku wanted. And Anakin will eliminate Dooku, in support of Palpie ( think back to Anakin's political conversation with Padme in the Naboo meadow ).

That's part of the fun of the Three Year Wait. All the speculation!

Naturally, I'll be proven wrong when Ep 3 does come out.

I'm siding with the Count, no matter what. He was a CLASSY bad guy.

Bri

3. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    [Austin and Vanessa see a man decapitated.]
    Austin Powers: Not the time to lose one's head.
    Vanessa: No.
    Austin Powers: That's not the way to get ahead in life.
    Vanessa: No.
    Austin Powers: It's a shame he wasn't more headstrong.
    Vanessa: Hmm.
    Austin Powers: He'll never be the head of a major corporation.
    Vanessa: Okay, that'll do.
    Austin Powers: Okay.

4. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Anakin will not finish Dooku off. He has too many other fights ahead of him in EP3. I have some odd instinct that tells me we will see Emperor Palpatine knock-off Dooku, after realizing that Dooku will no long be a valuable asset to use as a pawn. At some point, Anakin will have to fight Obi-Wan for one thing. And I'm still a bit unsure of who/how Mace gets it. But if Mace makes the decision to expell Ani from the Jedi order because of his secret marriage, Ani will be full of anger and hatred towards him. And there is just no way that Ani could take on 3 major duels in the same movie/timeframe.

Maybe Yoda comes back to finish the job he started on Dooku, but I'm still voting for Palpatine.

5. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I think we'll definite;y see Yoda and Dooku battle again. Dooku does say "This is only the beginning" to Yoda. Maybe a little clue as to what we'll see in Ep. 3. ;)

6. ionMech

ionMech Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Is it just me? Or...

Sidious owns EVERYTHING. No one can tell what he's doing but he has everything under his absolute control. He gets the emergency powers to temporarily become "a dictator" basically because of Jar-Jar's vote. You need to look at the smirk on his face there (and look for Lucas above the Greedo lookin guys, I'm sure that's him). Then he was the one that probably ordered the clones in advance planning for this. He got Dooku to create a separatist movement. All of this just so he could CREATE a war. A war that never needed to happen. All the while he is now a dictator basically.

Now this is my main speculation. I believe the primary if not sole purpose of this war is simply to eliminate Jedi. Every battle more Jedi are lost. Whilst we saw some Jedi kick butt, notice how many fewer Jedi were left at the end of the battle. The less Jedi, the easier it will be for him to create the Empire. And by making the Senate think he is winning the war against the separatists it will make them even more convinced of his leadership.

More to come as I see the movie again (I've only seen it twice). I'll think of some more stuff later probably.

7. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    I am of the opinion that Anakin WILL kill Dooku, for this simple reason:

"Luke, kill your father and make your turn to the Dark Side complete." (Not an exact quote, but it's still early in my day)

If that was the second Sith Lord, why wouldn't Anakin's turn complete itself by killing the current second Sith Lord?

8. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i also have to say that i believe anakin will kill dooku

9. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Just off the top o'my head, some of my favorite things from AOTC:

10. Ani & Padme in shadow as they are wheeled into the arena, then with the music crescendoing as the Geonosians fly downwards kinda snow-or-flower-petal-like into the arena

11. C-3PO's line about "Machines creating machines? How perverse!" in juxtaposition with the cloning facilities (people creating people!)

12. Padme walking from her bedroom onto the balcony to soothe Anakin...smokin' hot senator, imo [face_blush]

13. Anyone else notice that "Cliegg" Lars is an anagram for "CGI Leg" since I believe they cgi'd out the actor's leg while he's in the hoverchair?

14. And I think this movie sets up the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel in Episode III...Dooku is courting Obi-Wan to help him off Sidious, while Palpatine has been grooming Anakin to take Dooku's place...

15. Loudox

Loudox Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2001
    I don't wish to raise any unnecessary plot point questions, but..

I was under the assumption that Anakin and Padme were traveling to Naboo from Coruscant incognito to avoid any more danger. That is why they took a refugee transport and dressed down. So why if they are trying to lay low do they take one of Padme's Silver cruisers to Tatooine? If I was trying to protect her I would not take the most OBVIOUS SHIP IN THE GALAXY TO THE MOST DANGEROUS PLANET! Just my 2 cents..

16. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    I think that Anakin felt that time was of the essence and they grabbed whatever ship they could find at a moment's notice.

And I don't think Anakin was too concerned about following his orders to the letter. He was breaking rules and protocol from his first scene to his last.

17. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Also, Just a couple of things...

Did anybody notice the Empire's "logo" (from the Trilogy) on the side of Obi-Wan's ship AND the CloneTrooper's ships?

Yeah, at some point everything becomes the Empire's and everything else is "rebel scum". I think Anakin kills Mace. Go back to TPM and take a look at that "looks could kill" that Anakin gives Mace when he's asked about his mother in the Jedi Council chamber.
    He takes care of Mace (for whatever reason) and his path to the DARK SIDE will be complete.

By this time, the Jedi are in shambles, and the shroud of the Dark Side encompasses all.
    Except for Yoda (who has fled for Degobah) and Obi-Wan.

Anakin seeks Obi-Wan to either get him to join him or pressure him to tell him where Luke is, but Obi will not succomb. This is where he fights Anakin in the climatic battle of ALL BATTLES. Obi-Wan defeats Anakin and leaves him for dead.

Anakin re-appears in A New Hope as DARTH VADER, the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Yet, I would prefer to see Anakin being put back together again as Darth Vader. That would be the ULTIMATE.

18. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I've been hearing that James Earl Jones will do voice work for 3.

19. DonnovanSunrider

DonnovanSunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    My feeling was always that Vader didn't even know that he HAD children. With the resources of the Empire at his disposal, he could have easily found at least Luke if he knew about him. Since Owen and Beru raised him under his own real name, it wouldn't take much effort to find him.

I'm betting that Anakin vows to never set foot on Tattoine again after the Death of his mom and the Tusken slaughter.
    Where better to hide the existence of someone than a planet your enemy won't step foot on.

20. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    I don't think he knew either. Or if he did, he was made to believe they were dead. Because if he had known he had children out there, he would have stopped at nothing to find them.

So it makes quite a bit of sense why he became so obsessed in finding Luke once he found out the name of the famous pilot who blew up the death star.

21. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Again VADER did NOT know about his children. Or like Branson Said they were presumed Dead. And the Republic is the Empire or the begining of it anyway. And the Empire has no influence outside the core planets.... Which they say over and over and over and over again. I doubt that Ani kills Mace, like someone else had said he has enough battles in EP3 without fighting Mace.

Was watching EP1 the other day and noticed that Qui Gonn didnt even notice Anakin until after they were at his hous haveing dinner.

Now that is interesting

22. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    But then again, we've got this clone thing to worry about.

Who's to say that Anakin wasn't killed (by Obi-Wan perhaps) and the Empire cloned his remains? That would be one explaination why DARTH VADER didn't know about his offspring.

23. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    If they were going to make a clone, why wouldn't they make one that came with a set of good lungs?

Making a clone of Anakin would negate the whole point of the saga because he wouldn't be redeemed.

24. Naked_Jango

Naked_Jango Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    I may have imagined this, but both times I saw the movie, I noticed something in the scene just before Ani goes a-huntin'.

Just as Padmé comes up, you see Ani's shadow on the wall of the domed hut. As the scene progresses and Ani turns to face her, the shadow goes from that of a young man to that of Vader. I don't know if that was planned, or just a play of the sun on the hut, but I do believe it is there. Only for about a second, but it is there.

My thoughts on Episode III:
    Either Obi Wan or Mace will be made to look like they killed Padmé in front of Ani, when they were actually trying to save her, or Palpie will lead Ani to believe that they did.

Boba Fett and Ani have some sort of bond, probably through Mace. They may not talk to each other, but they will have some shared experience that will cause them to 'respect' each other.

Dooku will return, and will see what Palpie's doing, but can't correct his wrong because Palpie will kill him.

I feel that Ani will have two duels. One with Obi which will turn him into Vader, and then I believe that Mace will be the first Jedi to fall under Vader.

This may be way way WAY off, but I think it will be revealed to us that Palpie is Ani's Father. I thought about this when I first saw Ep1. I don't think that there was an 'immaculate conception', but that Palpie had a hand in creating Ani. I'm sure that a mind trick could cause Shmi to forget that her and Palpie got down one time.

But, those are just my ideas, and I'm sure I'll be proven wrong come 2005!

25. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    I'd be kind of disappointed if the final catalyst for Anakin's fall came down to a misunderstanding like that. When Anakin falls, I think it should be the kind of situation where he feels like he has no way out and only one choice left to him to do what he thinks is right. But I think it should be a conscious choice. Yes, there could be a situation where Anakin does something bad because of a misunderstanding, but his turn from a Jedi to Sith Lord needs to be him accepting his fate with full knowledge of what he's doing. Naturally, he will believe that what he is doing is right, although we as the audience will know better, but at the same time, I don't think we're going to be able to fault him for making the decision he does.

And because he is a character that is flawed, yet has a deep sense of wanting to do the right thing, therein lies the possibility of his redemption. And it's ironic that the thing he fights with the Jedi ideals most is that of attachment, yet attachment (Luke's love and belief in his father) is what eventually saves the last Jedi and restores balance to the Force.

26. Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi

Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    Riiiiiight...anyway, I'll keep this short and sweet:

Favorite character: the incredibly cute Kit Fisto

Favorite scene: Kit Fisto Knocking over 3PO, and pinning him with a piece of battle droid, then going back to battle, smiling like a maniac

27. Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi

Jun 24, 2002
    what about Mon Mothma, though? i thought SHE was the one who started all that Rebel businesss?

28. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Mon Mothma was Dooku's young wife in AOTC...when she learned of his Sithy ways, they got divorced. She was entitled to half his estate, so he took the Dark Side and she was left with the Rebellion, which she put to good use by using it to help overthrow the Empire her ex-husband had helped create....

Coincidence? READ THE BOOK!

29. Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi

Jun 24, 2002
    Howcome i can never see my posts?! i knew i replied to chocolate....stupid computer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.