main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPOILERS for Rebel Dream / Rebel Stand

Discussion in 'Literature' started by killfire, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeaJade

KeaJade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Mara can not die. If she did, I proabably have some breakdown and become a threat to society (Not that I'm not already one) and they would put me away so i would miss my family reunion this summer, and Infiltrator would get pissed at me for leaving him to deal with all our cousins alone.

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Just because Mara is not mentioned in the description for Destiny's Way does not mean that she *dies*!!!!!!! Isn't it possible that she might take a break from fighting and stay with her son? She will be in the book, I am sure!

Lando isn't mentioned, right? well, then he must be dead. Same as Corran, Kam, Winter, Tycho and everyone else that wasn't mentioned.

Heck, Cousin George's best friend Bob's step-daughter's ex boyfriend's half sister's best friend's dog must die, too! (And cousin George is not George Lucas)

Just once, I'd like to see a star wars book that is not graphically violent and has some happy events, like Jaina slapping Kyp (again) and going back to her first Jedi Master, Mara.

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Explain what would be happy about that, aside from the fact you dont like Kyp? story wise, that is as daft as someone who has never led a squadron leading one with AT LEAST two other former squadron leads.

Oh, wait....

4. BaronReno

BaronReno Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    So is Kettch in it? Or any Yub Yub's? I can't imagine there not being at least one Yub Yub...

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yub, yub, commander! That is the greatest SW line ever, right after "Into the garbagechute, flyboy," and "Is every third human in this galaxy named Solo?"

I agree about the Jaina leading the squadron thing. stupid move.

6. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/comics/crimson/lusankya1.jpg]

Replace ISD and Imps with Vong grand cruiser and Tsavong Lah. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:D [face_love] :cool: [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

The "Lady Lucy" is back in action, and Wedge is at the helm! HOPE REMAINS FOR OUR HEROES!

7. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Quality, not quantity! But quantity is a quality in itself. :p

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So is Kettch in it? Or any Yub Yub's? I can't imagine there not being at least one Yub Yub...

When Wedge assigns Jaina her own squadron, he tells her that he'll go rustle up an Ewok pilot candidate for her so she can have as much "fun" with command as he did initially...

But seriously, to those who are saying Mara could die. I actually wouldn't mind at this point. Mara is SUCH a bitca in the first 2/3 of this book that I wouldn't mind her dead. She's such a deadweight and drag on Luke and his family that it's almost painful at times.

BTW - I found it in my airport bookstore on Friday and finished Saturday... :)

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    this is NOT an insult Mara Jade thread. If you want to do that, please take it to the haters community! :(

She is not what you called her! A burden on Luke and his family? Um, no. She was given a disease (which was supposed to make the relationship between her and Luke stronger - according to the interview w/ Shelly Shapiro in issue #57 of the Insider), she was miraculously cured, and now she wants to fight, but she also needs to care for her son.

Can we please get back to the real subject? I guess I might have to get my dad to take me to Wal-Mart today (if it only was a closer by :( )

10. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Can somebosy post the WHOLE STORY instead of one piece 300 postys away than the next 600 posts after that etc... Please.

I'm intrested in the Vong Repeller and what's with Luke's dreams and what he is sensing on Coruscant.

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Only a few more painful days...:(

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ghent99

Ghent99 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    THANK YOU WAL_MART!!!
    hehe, I just got the book yesterday from there. I am half way through it and so far its a great book. Nice to see Allston in the NJO. Mara is a little annoying to me so far in the book although I have to see what she is like by the end. Still no Jaina/Jag, need to finish the book...

14. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Jag is on the verge of being the next on the list to go. Maybe not this book, but one soon after. I think we will see a minor Jedi character be killed off first though.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey... for those who have the book Rebel Dream and would like to discuss it, here's a link to the thread: shameless plug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.