main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Spoilers in the Media*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Queenie Amidala, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

Everyone Stay off your computer untill this damn movie comes out!!!! I cant belive i got spoiled on a damn little article !!! omg this sucks....any spoiled people wanna comfort me saying there are much cooler things to happen then what the anakin doll does???? PLZZZZ PLZZZ SAY IT ISINT THAT BIG A PART OF THE MOVIE. :_|

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Sorry, Nismo. It's horrible going spoiler free for so long and then to lost it because of something stupid. I can understand the need for the spoilers to be on the cards, but it's a serious pain when the movie still hasn't come out.

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I got spoiled right here in the forum. A guy put up a post in an unrelated thread complaining about what he couldn't tell his friends about Episode 2 and I scrolled though it as fast as I could. I still saw 2 things though.. They are burned into my mind and I've tried booze, huffing paint, anything to damage my brain into forgetting.. I now have a severe motor control problem but I remember the spoliers! Thanks Bozo! :(

(p.s.> I'm KIDDING about the booze and huffing thing, but it does make me mad and I wish I could forget.)

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I'm upping this because I think we have some confusion on the difference between this thread and the other thread.

For the record:

This thread is relating to any and all spoilers that are not Jedi Council Forum related. That is, magazine and newspaper articles, toys, TF.N articles, commercials, food packages...whatever.

The ***Spoiler Alert*** thread is now to be used for spoilers here on the boards only. This helps the mods by letting them know when they need to hunt something down and correct it on the board.

Hope this clears something up.

Nismo, I was also upset when I openned my Anakin figure. However, I got over it very quickly. Believe me, I don't know much of anything about the movie, but I know there is much, much, much more to it than that. :)

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I was spoiled by the Star Wars fruit roll-up things. They're very good but the free stickers that come in them have descriptions of certain scenes on them, much to my chagrin. :( But as much as I don't want to know any more spoilers, whenever I find something out, I get more and more excited about the movie.

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I've been looking all over for the fruit roll-ups. Now, I suppose, I'm glad I didn't find them. [face_plain]

7. Fortuna-Five

Fortuna-Five Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2001
    Arrrgh! I was flipping through an AOTC coloring book the other day when I saw glimpses of spoiler scenes, illustrated as plain as day!

I should never have picked up that evil book!

8. Arkalius

Arkalius Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    There may be a small spoiler in the "clones" TV commercial for the movie. It can give away a little bit of the nature of the clones. You would probably miss it, but I noticed it. So, if you want to avoid all spoilers at all costs, don't watch that commercial ;)

-Arkalius

9. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT read Jeffrey Wells' new Hollywood Confidential column at Reel.com. After many pre-release negative rants, he finally has good things to say about the film after seeing it, but he's filled the whole review with HUGE spoilers. Avoid at all costs.

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Yeah, I started to edit both reviews for NSA, but I realized that there would be one sentence left. It wasn't possible. Sorry.

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I don't understand. There are enough of us non-spoiled here for TF.n to take into consideration. One non-spoiled review would have been nice.

12. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I agree Queenie... but I have a sneaking suspicion that we are the minority at theforce.net...

13. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    We're the minority everywhere, it seems. A crucial plot event in particular has been spoiled in every single review I've glanced over. And TFN doesn't even feel like using spoiler tags anymore. I give this trend a big thumbs down.

14. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I refuse to read anything pertaining to Episode 2. I don't care right now, because I read one that I thought was spoiler free. Of course, it wasn't. Damn.

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, fortunately, we only have one more week.

The next problem arises with Episode III. Perhaps we can petition for a more spoiler-free friendly environment all the way to the end. :)

16. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I'd like to recommend that non-spoilerees avoid the Official Site's "Stars talk Clones and Ep III" article. There's an allusion to a spoiler.

I suppose that technically if it's on the OS, it's not a spoiler, but that still doesn't change the fact that that article could ruin one of the surprises of the movie. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view :p ), I'd already seen that spoiler somewhere else.

17. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I cant trust any site anymore for spoiler-free news- even on spoiler-free boards spoiled people lets things slip- no were is safe anymore. But as much as id like to , i cant go without the web for a whole week.

Its like running in an Afganistan minefield with bare feet!

18. Chabonka

Chabonka Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    The new Jango Fett action figure contains a spoiler that some might want to avoid.

19. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Jay Leno shows a pretty major spolier during his internview with Hayden. When he whips out the action figure, TURN OFF THE T.V.!! Don't wait! TURN IT OFF! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

Please don't ruin it for yourself if you can!

20. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    There is a new Jango figure? Or are you referring to the original one?

21. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    The new Jango, the "Final Battle" one.

22. Chabonka

Chabonka Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    Im referring to the Jango Fett (#31) that came out this week. I found it in wal-mart yesterday along with the new non-deluxe Mace Windu (#28).

23. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I'd like to give an additional warning to avoid MoffJake's site if you want to remain spoiler-free. He mentions the spoiler that's in the "Hayden Action Figure" commercial.

So, even though it's a cool site with lots of videos, don't go there until you've seen AOTC next week. :)

24. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    So let me tell you a little story...

We are having a garage sale today, and my family was talking about Hayden on the Tonight Show...

I'm Spoiled, thanks to my family! I haven't even watched the stupid thing (don't if you haven't already!)! I'm furious.

To those who are spoiled, please tell me that it isn't a HUGE spoiler... tell me that I still have a lot to look forward too on Wednesday Night/ Thursday morning!.

I'm going to lock myself in a cave...

25. cuvuhguh

cuvuhguh Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Let me just say, stay out of bookstores until May 16!! I'm not entirely sure, but I think I picked up a HUGE spoiler by just glancing at the AOTC merchandise section of Waldenbooks. I was walking by, and out of the corner of my eye I caught a spoiler staring at me from the cover of a book, as plain as day. Now, because I have remained spoiler free until this point, I'm not sure that my conclusions are correct. There may be another explanation. But you should definitely stay away in case I'm completely correct in my assumptions. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.