main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers!] Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by StarDude, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I don't have a link handy, but in some relatively recent interviews the Callista rumours have been flatly denied by Harrison.

2. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    Wow, I really have become starved for Indy info. There's never anything new, just a lot of banter about,"yes, it will still happen." Boy, we need some pre-production pics or a copy of the Darabont script. There's not even anywhere worth while going to just to discuss this stuff. I wonder if josh Griffin, the owner of this site, gets other LFL spy reports other than just Star Wars?

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, there are Indy IV spy-reports here. Just go to theforce.net, and do a news search on "Indiana Jones".

4. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000

http://boards.theforce.net/post.asp?brd=10265&topic=5880682

New Script Writer Hired for Indiana Jones 4
    Wed, Oct 27, 04 10:20:49 PM EDT

Variety reports that Indiana Jones 4 has a new scriptwriter:
    George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have hired Jeff Nathanson to give the fourth installment of the serial another try.
    Aside from writing the "Rush Hour" action comedies, Nathanson has a track record with Spielberg. He wrote "Catch Me If You Can" and co-scripted "The Terminal."

If Nathanson delivers a draft that clicks with Lucas, Spielberg and star Harrison Ford (news), Spielberg would still have to make the pic a priority to get it into production any time soon.

5. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    If you want real indy spoiler or news go to a site like which focus on IJ rather then TFN which focuses on SW

www.theindyexperience.com

they usually have lots of scoops and whatnought

6. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Here are some Indy IV Spoilers

http://www.theindyexperience.com/indy4-spoilers.shtml

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Don't quote me on this, but a friend of mine who knows Indiana Jones and Indy happenings a lot better than I do is saying that actor George Harris who played Captain Katanga and helped Indiana Jones escape with the arc out to sea in the original Raiders of the Lost Arc may be coming back to reprise his role. This is sort of funny and weird since Katanga is associated with Sallah and it's Sallah who takes Indy to Katanga in the original movie. So unless Indy just randomly runs into him and he helps Indy out again......I'd be assuming this could mean Sallah will be back as well?

8. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Interesting interview with Spielberg's longtime producer, Kathleen Kennedy.

She says that Jeff Nathanson (The Terminal) is writing the script.

Click here.

9. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Has there been any updates?

10. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well at Celebration 3 Lucas mentioned he just got the new script this week and will discuss it with Spielberg this coming week. Sounds encouraging.

11. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    This movie comes out this summer?

12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    No, it doesn't come out this summer. Reports indicate that they just finished the script so it will be a while yet.

-Seldon

13. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    Yer, as well as Speilberg only just wrapping up 'War Of The Worlds', its going to be a while yet, sadly, I really am looking forward to Indy IV.

14. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Plus it's very likely he'll film the Munich 1972 Olympics film first as Indy moves through preproduction.

15. TKLasagna

TKLasagna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2004
    [image=http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/263363/tombstone2.jpeg]

16. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Well, it's good news. The good folk at empireonline have informed us:

Jeff Nathanson (the scribe for RH3) has finished his screenplay of Indiana Jones 4, and it is currently in George Lucas? top desk drawer. See? How?s that for a silver lining? Eh? Eh? Ok, put down the axe.

You have to have read the whole article to get that last bit, but you get the jist.

Lucas has it and is reviewing right now.

17. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    In Time Magazine this week Lucas says that Speilberg is committed to start filming in 2006.
    Frankly, I think that Lucas has reached the point where he has to go ahead or cancel the whole project.
    And there is too much money at stake to cancel.

18. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Not really the only real money spent was on the screenplays which I think were based on specs by Lucas. I don't think Darabont would have charged too much and no play or pay deal for Harrison Ford.

19. dudalb

Jun 14, 2001
    By Money at stake I meant the potential profits for a new Indy Jones film.
    They announced a new Indy Jones game for 2007, about the same time the movie would come out, so that is another straw in the wind.
    But I think the cut off point to do it or not do it is nearing just because FOrd ain';t getting any younger...

20. dudalb

Jun 14, 2001
    Maybe it will happen after all:
    "Variety reports that screenwriter Jeff Nathanson's scripts for Indiana Jones 4 and Rush Hour 3 are moving in opposite directions.

While the trade previously reported that Chris Tucker was expected to sign a $20 million deal which would fast-track New Line's Rush Hour 3, the actor ended up not doing so.

Meanwhile, Nathanson's draft for Indiana Jones 4 has apparently met with the approval of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. But before Paramount can move forward, Harrison Ford still has to sign off on the script, and he hasn't yet read it.

The trade adds that with "Star Wars" off his plate, Lucas recently summoned Nathanson to his Bay Area headquarters, where they went over the draft. The screenwriter also got notes from Spielberg, who brought him into the mix after working with him on Catch Me if You Can and Terminal.

Scheduling Indiana Jones 4 for a 2006 start will be tricky for Spielberg, who next heads to Europe to shoot his untitled drama about the aftermath of the 1972 Munich Olympics for Universal and DreamWorks, and is expected to follow in January with a DreamWorks film about Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War, to star Liam Neeson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.