main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers!] Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by StarDude, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
  2. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002
    I think it would be fun if they did something with Altantis.

3. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I don't.

4. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002
    and why not, star??

5. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Why? It's overrated, and it's been done. Something original is in order. Not something from the videogame and comics. Not stuff that's been done in other movies.

I'd like to see Indy IV be something very, very special.

6. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    Why shouldn´t they do a new Indy movie ?!

O.K. it finally could become a mediocre or bad adventure movie. But "Temple of Doom" already has become a blemish of the series and didn´t spoil Raiders or Crusade (at least for me).

I really hope that Kate Capshaw will not play a major part in the next installment. I hate the way she "acts" in Doom !!!

Otherwise, bring it on !

7. Han_Solo_fan

Han_Solo_fan Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    The ending in Indy IV was great - riding off into the sunset - what more could you ask for. But for those who love the Indy character, I think that people would love to see harrison ford again put that hat on again. JMHO

8. Han_Solo_fan

Han_Solo_fan Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    OOPPS I meant the ending to Indy III...

9. ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl

ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2002
    Did u ever wonder:

Sice Harrison Ford is older and dosent look the same....Since CGI has done alot of graphics, dont u think they can make his face younger and more fuller and him so cooler? Thats just my impression and a good think on for the next couple of years.. What if CGI did that?

As for what u guyz are talking about:

No they kind ov should not make n e more Indianna Jomes movies...Why?
    Becuse the ending of the last one showed that Indy has his friends and evrything he had...So that was the whole point of the Sunset thing..But like u all r saying that's my opinion.....Hehehehehehe

10. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    No, but it is very, very likely that they'll use CGI stuntmen to perform dangerous, life-threatning moves and stunts.

11. ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl

ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2002
    I understand but just think.........It kind ov makes u wonder......

12. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Yeah, it does. Uh, I've heard that for some moves, they changes the actors eye color with computers.

13. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Han_Solo_Fan, next time if you screw up on your post, use the EDIT button. It comes in handy every once in awhile :p :)

14. Carter313

Carter313 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    I love the idea of a new indiana Jones movie. Totally awesome series. I would definatley go to see it.

15. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    From the Internet Movie DataBase:

Indiana Jones: A Father?

Hollywood veteran Harrison Ford may return to his famed Indiana Jones character as a father. The Golden Globe-winner, 59, is joining director Steven Spielberg to make the fourth movie about the adventurer in 2004. According to Dutch TV magazine Vara, when they interviewed George Lucas, who is writing and producing Indiana Jones 4, he revealed a new character to the series. When Vara's reporter asked Lucas about Indiana, Lucas replied, "Spielberg is directing, and Indiana will have a son."

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I wonder how old his son will be? A young character could totally screw things up if George goes for the cuteness angle, but if the kid is old enough to funtion, I am waiting for the scene where he saves both Indy and Sean Connery from the clutches of death, and a scene with the kid reaching under something to grab his hat, just like dad.

17. Batya_Organa_Dannick

Batya_Organa_Dannick Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Awww...

son or not,I dont care...just want Indy back.

[face_love]

18. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    Actually, having Indy be a father isn't exactly new. If memory serves, the "present day" sequences from "Yound Indiana Jones Chronicles" showed that not only was Indy a father, he had a grown daughter with a family of her own.

They didn't mention who her mother was, though...

19. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Hey....what's with this age thing?! Yes, Ford is older, but Christopher Lee is 79 and look how good Lucas made him move in AOTC! (As well as Jackson in LOTR.) Besides, Ford is OLDER, not OLD and he still looks fine to me! Indy IV will be fantastic, given the degree of dedication the actors and Lucas seem to be allocating to it. Bring it on, I say! Better that than "Oh Lord, PLEASE, Not Another Teen Movie!"

20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hopefully this rumoured son's mother is Marion, not Willie.

Hmm. Maybe we haven't seen the last of Jake Lloyd in a Lucasfilm production. ;)

21. R2_UNIX

R2_UNIX Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Wonder if they made a prequal, like Temple of Doom

22. R2_UNIX

R2_UNIX Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    . . .And by the way, I would HATE the thought of Jake Lloyd in another movie period. He really is not that great

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > Wonder if they made a prequal, like Temple of Doom

Considering Harrison's age, I seriously doubt it. And if the rumours of a son are true, you can bet the mother is either Marion or Willie, so it'll have to be set after those movies.

24. Indiana_Dan

Indiana_Dan Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    MY FRIENDS! I am more an Indiana Jones fan than a Star Wars fan, I have spent thousands on collecting Indiana Jones gear and researching the movies, that said. Star Dude I was 9 years old when I bought my first fedora because I loved Raiders so much. I am 16 years old now, and trust me my friend Indy will appeal to my audience! I personally do not want it to happen for several reasons

(NOT ONE OF THOSE REASONS BEING FORDS AGE!)

1. The Integrity and Spirit of Indy will be forgotten and ruined because Lucas will want to use CGI and other toys, for example: In Raiders the beginning scene shows Indy really get into a small waco bi-plane and really fly away, in Last Crusade the plane that Connery and Indy are in is infront of a blue screen and is being shook by some grips below camera view, it ruined the greatness of it.

2. George will not give it the love and care this franchise deserves because he will be working on Star Wars Episode III: ???????

However, he was working on Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark at the same time so there is always a chance that Lucas can seperate two worlds!

3. The Acting in the trilogy I have always held in high regard, unfortunately, I am afraid that Lucas will not screen "Great" actors.

4. His gear, I have spent thousands perfecting the gear, and they will most likely change things, and I really don't want to start all over again :-D

They do have a finished script, I believe it is about Antlantis. It is in pre-pre production, there are scouts searching the globe right now for good location shots, one of which is in Arizona! All we (we being the Indiana Jones community) know is that Harrison Ford will star in it, there are rumours of Natalie Portman will be his daughter, but those are not confirmed, Sean Connery might have an appearence, Steven Spielberg will direct it, there has been discussion about creating a CGI Marcus Brody, George is to produce it. And it will go on from there!........... My Kindest Regards. Dan

P.S. If anyone is interested in seeing the Indiana Jones gear, who made it for the films, and who has replicated it since please visit www.indygear.com You will enjoy it.

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > I personally do not want it to happen for several reasons

No-one's forcing you to go see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.