main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers!] Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by StarDude, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    What I really hope they have in Indy 4 is an introduction similar to LC. Perhaps they can have Indy reminiscing over the late Marcus Brody ... or something like that. I want to see young Indy again.

2. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    It would be more PC if Indy had a daughter instead of a son, but necessarily better in my opinion.

Therefore, Indy will probably have a daughter.

3. The_Phantom_Menace

The_Phantom_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2002
  4. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    If Indiana has a daughter she's gonna be just like Lora Croft from Tomb Raider. I hope they don't go that route...

I'd say he should have a son, PC or not.

5. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    No, No Lara Croft, only Lara Croft in your mind! His daughter will hate what Indy does she'll find everything boring and stupid. She will get into the adventures by accident, for example: Indy gets captured and she jumps in a jeep and follows that truck. She'll speed up and ram into it as Indy wrestles Soviets in the back. Natalie Portman can do it!

6. The_Spider-Man

The_Spider-Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    I think you're on to something, darkOmegazer0.

7. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    I hope so, cause I think seeing him with a son would (for one thing) ruin the feel of the last crusade.

8. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I agree for the most part. It really depends on how the son is represented. If he's like Indy in Last Crusade, then yeah, it'll probably suck. But imagine if Indy doesn't know he has a son, but one day he's just shows up on his door-step. That would be interesting.

Still, I'm hoping for a daughter.

9. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I think it would be unfortunate if Indiana Jones 4 turned into some "girl power" movie. The only way the daughter of Dr. Jones will not be compared to Laura Croft is if she's a non-adventurous stereotypical female-- and how does that make for a good adventure story?

No, I think it has to be a son. Maybe the son will have a girlfriend or something so there's a female role.

10. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    No it'll be more like "adventure runs strong in my family" than "girl power".

11. metaforcesaber

metaforcesaber Jedi Master star 2

Oct 13, 2002
    Ok folks, who thinks they should bring back Shorty? I do. That kid was an excellent actor, not to mention a helluva sidekick, was he not? "You call him 'Dr. Jones' doll!" Haha, he delivered some great lines.

Now that Indy's *cough cough* older, Shortround could help him out a little bit, y'know. Anyway, what are people's thoughts on Shorty in Indy4? Btw, I'm aware I'm probably the only one who likes this idea (;

12. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    I hope he's in it again only if he's called big round.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I would love to see him in it again. I don't know if he's really still acting anymore... but heck, who could say NO?

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    There was an Entertainment Tonight special about Indiana Jones a few years back. They showed how Short Round looked today, totally grown up. Yoiu would be shocked. If I remember right he isn't in acting anymore.

15. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Maybe Shorty is married to Indy's daughter? Or they are dating and Indy HATES it. . .or something. . .God I'm sleepy. . .

16. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    Why would his daughter want to marry shorty? That would be interesting though most definetly.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I think there's quite enough inbreeding and bloodline crossing in the Star Wars saga.

I would be bitterly disappointed if a similar trend was to emerge in this next IJ film too. It's totally unnecessary.

18. Ganwick_Trag

Ganwick_Trag Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002

I think he should have a teenage
    son that loves to party and has a
    huge snake collection.

Snakes? Why did it have to be snakes?

Girls? Why couldn't it have been girls?

:)

19. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I would love to see Shorty again but I doubt it will happen.

I've never been in here before, so can someone summarise everything we know about Indy IV please. Thanks.

20. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well there are lots of rumors around. We know Spielberg will direct, Lucas will produce and maybe take some writing credit and Harrison Ford will be back. Ford will play his age so the mvoie should take place in the early 50's and the villains might be Communists. Frank Darabont just finished wrting the screenplay.

21. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Cant believe no ones picked up on this: Also confirmed is the return of Sean Connery. And what the above poster said: the late 50's.

Anyway, whats with this Last Crusade being the ****? I thought it was the weakest of the films! hehe

Raiders is my favorite, but Temple of Doom is hard to top. That film was great! :-O

Carry on..

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I personally didn't like Temple of Doom. Crusade is the best of the 3 films for me, followed closely by Raiders.

23. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I always thought Temple of Doom was the worst, because I couldn't stand Willie; she drove me insane... And I had seen Raiders two days before I saw Temple of Doom, and I had really, really, enjoyed the cast (Karen Allen, Denholm Elliot, the man who played Sallah, don't know his name) and was disappointed that it they weren't there. The Last Crusade was pretty good--I was glad to have the old cast, sans Allen (who I absolutely adored)--and Sean Connery was a great addition. Raiders, for me, is the best one, Temple of Doom the worst, and Last Crusade most humorous... The scene where they all think Indy's dead cracks me up everytime--especially when his fedora rolls in like a tumbleweed, lol.

Oh--has it been confirmed that Indy 4 will have Indiana as a Dad? Because I read just the opposite!

From Movies.com:
    07/24/02
    Harrison Ford told columnist Cindy Pearlman the fourth installment will not feature Indy training his screen son, as a way to keep the franchise going. Ford said, "There's only one son in these movies and I'll always be Sean Connery's little boy!" (Chicago Sun-Times)

And I also read about a scene where all Indy's "old girlfriends" come back.... All of what, two? Elsa died, right? Or is she going to somehow have lived through the Holy Grail experience? Oooh well! I'll be glad to see Karen Allen come back, although I'm not to keen about Kate Capshaw's character returning.

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  25. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    1.Raiders2.Last Crusade ---------------3.temple of doom(in far back)

I still think Indy should have a daughter, it would add more funny to it, not having some boring wannabe indy but to have a girl he wouldn't think is into all the cool sith he's into, and adventurous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.