main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers!] Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by StarDude, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Although I doubt they do that on Indy 4. Probably they'll refere to Marcus passing away years ago as a tribute to Denholm Elliot.

2. skyy38

skyy38 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    Actually,let me take back Dean Semler as the choice for Indy 4.
    Dean Cundey would be awesome on Indy 4. He has shot "Jurrassic Park" and "Back to the Future" Trilogy.He also worked on "Psycho II"
    where he was required to emulate a few shots made famous by "Psychos" DP John Russell(most notably the straight down angle on the stairs in mothers house).
    Other notable credits-John Carpenters "The Thing" and "Halloween".

Dean Cundey would be fabulous on Indy 4!

3. Jedi_Duke77

Jedi_Duke77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    Check out this site for the lastest news. Indy 4 the quest for atlantis would be pretty cool.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404509

4. JediHotRod

JediHotRod Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    I am so hoping Indy IV is related to Atlantis! :) I've always been an Atlantis fan, and if it were to be the relic of Indy IV, then it would make Indiana Jones better than Star Wars for me! :D

Anyway...I read this whole thread, and someone mentioned the idea of this next Indy movie being the epilogue, not really just another sequel. I think that's highly possible actually.

EDIT: Michelle Yeoh has been in talks for a role in the film? Hmm...

5. darth_libido

darth_libido Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2004
    the actor that played shortround hasn't been working much lately, but he was in a hongkong film in 2002, the name escapes me. but all you have to do is look up jonathan ke quan on imdb, and you can find it. the last one before that is something called encino man, which we mustn't have had over here.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    "Encino Man" was known as "California Man" outside of the USA.

[image=http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc500/c533/c53322n944b.jpg] [image=http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_c/california_man.jpg]

7. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    EDIT: This post was a major travesty. It was my lame attempt at posting links and pics. Sorry to all, but I erased it. Sheesh, I'm a computer dunce... :( :mad:

8. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    EDIT: Nope. Messed it up again. Can someone please give instructions for making a link to a page if it were something like the address to this page for example? In other words, how would I make a link out of this just as a test:

http://boards.theforce.net/post_edit.asp?mes=14631362

Thanks in advance.

I'm testing something here. don't worry.

9. Jedi_Duke77

Jedi_Duke77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    They definitely need short-round back in IV. He was the best.

10. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2001
    Why is everybody asking for "Fate of Atlantis" as Indy 4? It was an awesome game, no question. But it was basically a mix of all three Indy movies (the dig in the desert, the submarine, the car chase) with some new elements. Stuff that hasn't been used in the "Last Crusade" game.

I would prefer something all new (and I think using Atlantis isn't even an option for Spielberg and Lucas).

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I would prefer something all new (and I think using Atlantis isn't even an option for Spielberg and Lucas).

True, I would prefer that too. However, I would like it if they stuck to a religious artifact like the rest of the trilogy.

12. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Who should the villain be? Since it's in the 50's, Nazis are pretty much out. It's the period of the Cold War and the Korean War, but I don't think the Russians would make as good advasaries.

Some one mentioned a rumor of Belloq's brother -- that could be cool -- a rival archeologist.

What do you all think?

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I've also heard the rumor of Belloq's brother.

14. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Belloq's twin brother.

Let's have Paul Freeman come back. :D

15. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Actually Bib, you ARE where I heard that rumor from. You remain the only source however. Any idea where it originate from?

16. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
  17. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Can someone perhaps explain what's going to happen concerning the Holy Grail?

Both Indiana and Henry Jones Sr. drank from the grail in Last Crusade. If Indy 4 is taking place after this, how are they going to be able to put Indiana in peril if he is immortal thanks to the holy grail?

18. Predator1

Predator1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004

Can someone perhaps explain what's going to happen concerning the Holy Grail?

Both Indiana and Henry Jones Sr. drank from the grail in Last Crusade. If Indy 4 is taking place after this, how are they going to be able to put Indiana in peril if he is immortal thanks to the holy grail?

He isn't immortal. If you listen to the Old Knight who is looking after the Grail, he says the power of Imortality will only work as long as they remain there, and that the don't cross the Great Seal, which they do and destroy the Grails hiding place.

So, Indy and co are able to die, get old and die, get shot and die, the list is endless!

For proof of this, the Knights brother would have still been alive, but Indy finds his remains, and he walked out of the desert 500 years later, thats where Indy gets the info on the Map. So when the Knights brother left the safety on the Grails location, he becomes mortal.

:D

19. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    This is the last Indy film I presume. So I think they should not follow the basic formula found in "Raiders" and "Last Crusade." They should break away from that and I think they will since Denholm Elliot (Marcus Brody) has passed on, and it sounds like John Rhys-Davies (Sallah) is not involved.

So far we've heard that it is set in China and there has even been some concept art revealed. It would be a welcome change if Indiana was not assigned again to find an artifact before some evil army of darkness does. Though the thought of China makes me think he'll be going up against Imperial Chinese. This is also a perfect setup to reintroduce Short Round.

They need to make it even more personal than "Last Crusade." I'm sure there's plenty of stuff we don't know about Indy yet. Seeing him as a young teenager made him a three dimensional character. Okay, but what could they show of him as an old man to give him even more depth?

Speilberg also said that the plot of Indy IV would bring closure to the franchise. What could this mean? Surely, Indy doesn't die ... does he? Sean Connery (Henry Jones Sr.) is said to appear at the beginning and the end of the film. My guess is that he dies. That could be an emotional experience. Espescially if the first draft of the script they're going by was done by Frank Darabont ("The Shawshank Redemption" and "Green Mile"). According to Lucas, who wrote the story, Indy also is a dad in the next one. Now, this raises questions. How old would the kid be? Considering Indy is supposed to be in his 50s in the next one, my guess is that a long lost kid could be anywhere from his/her 20s-30s. Is is possible that the fedora will be past down to him or her, paving the way for a new franchise?

Personally, I think at the start of the movie, Indy should have Marcus's job. His last adventure was in the "Last Crusade" and since then, he's sort of retired from the field work. Something has to call him out of retirement for one last adventure. Also, perhaps he receives a letter from Marion telling him he has a son. I imagine Indy's fathering skills to be that of a 16-year old's. Which could be very funny at first.

20. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Wasn't that concept art from the game (Indy and the Emperor's Tomb)? Why have concept art when even the first draft is not finished?

21. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    No, the concept art can be created long before a script is realized. SW Episode I had concept artist working on it years before any script was produced.

22. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    The latest on Indy IV:

Spielberg Confirms: Indy 4 Soon
    Right after War of the Worlds, hopefully...

October 04, 2004 - Indiana Jones IV might already be going into production, were it not for disagreements over the movie's script. While Lucas may be responsible for rejecting Frank Darabont's screenplay and holding up the movie, the impasse could soon be over.

IESB.net reports that in an interview with French media network Canal+, Steven Spielberg stated he would begin shooting Indy IV right after he finishes War of the Worlds. War, starring Tom Cruise and Tim Robbins, goes into production next month. That means the new Indiana Jones adventure could get underway in early 2005, just a few months from today.

Could Spielberg's comments mean the script re-write is almost done, and that Lucas, Spielberg, and Harrison Ford can finally agree on a story worth filming? There's no official word yet, but we'll keep you posted. A summer 2006 release looks hopeful.
    -- Paul Davidson

23. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I heard that Indy IV is surposed to take place in the 1960s.

24. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    So far, everyone involved has said the 1950s.

25. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    As stated, everyone connected with film says the Fifties.
    ANy official word on casting aside from Indy? I keep hearing that Ford;s current main squeeze--Calista Flockhart-- is in the film. I will give her the benefit of the doubt buy the only charecter she could play to my mind is a spoiled lady who is totally out of her element on a Jones adventure...and we already had that charecter done to death in "Temple Of Doom".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.