main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(Spoilers) Initial Reactions and Discussion for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan-King

Juan-King Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2004

my sympathies to you too .

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    There's no need to express sympathies to me, I had an absolutely excellent time, all 4 times I've watched it. :D

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Careful, guys.

4. Indyman

Indyman Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2008
    Thank you! I totally agree. And, if you go and watch a movie that (Like Indy) is just naturally cool, you can expect there to be things that you won't like. Every movie as its problems, and you have to be prepared for that. and another thing is that when you have millions of people in America, there are bound to be a good many people that will either be disappointed in it or hate something about it. So whenever we hear someone say something about their disappointment or something that they hated about it... let's just respect that. Personally I loved the movie. Yeah there were a couple times I winced i.e. the Mut-vine swinging and waterfall dropping) but it was sweet and bring on Indy 5!

5. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    My only gripe was the Vine swinging.

The waterfall sequence is my fave. lols

I think its funny when everyone is in the car boat and they go down the first waterfall, they fall out and have to climbed back into the car boat, only to have to fall out of it again after the next waterfall and so forth. lol

My fave part in that scene is when Indy takes off his hat and holds it close to him. hehe

6. Indyman

Indyman Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2008
    does anybody have any personal ideas for Indy V? I'm sure there are dozens out there. Let's chat 'bout it eh?

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'd rather keep this thread focused on discussion about KotCS. We already have two threads dedicated to a possible Indy V located here and here if you wish to discuss it. :)

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'd forgotten about that part!! [face_laugh]

9. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Well I saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for the 7th and unfortunately the final time on Saturday :_| and it was brilliant just like the other 6 times I?ve seen it. I have to say I absolutely love this movie it's just behind Raiders for my favourite Indiana Jones movie, I wish I could see it more but time and money and such so I'll just have to look forward to the DVD coming in a couple of months.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Seven times, huh? Wow, that's dedicated. But you know, if I had the funds and the free time, I would so be there seven times as well. It's just really sad after all this hype, it's slowly dropping out of theaters. I may have a chance to see it one last time on Friday, but I'm not certain. We'll have to see if the theater I'm going to will keep it in for another weekend.

Regardless, it's had a great run! :D

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Agreed, and I'm sure when the summer's over, a lot of us will still think of it as the summer's best movie. :cool:

12. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Yes Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be my number one movie this year but wait there is another only one movie can challenge it and that is The Dark Knight, can Batman defeat Dr Jones or will Batman surrender to the spell of the Crystal Skull, tune in next time to find out.

13. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is right now my favorite film of the year but The Dark Knight and Quantum of Solace could steal the crown.

14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is right now my favorite film of the year but Mamma Mia! could steal the crown. ;)

15. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    The teaser trailer for Quantum Solace is awesome.
    http://boards.theforce.net/the_amphitheatre/b10382/25079765/p13/?311

16. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Indeed it is. I'm going to see Hancock tomorrow just so I can see the QoS trailer on the big screen.

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    You also should see the trailer for Mamma Mia! on the big screen! ;)

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oooh, I was already going to see Hancock because I did some errand work on the film, but I am STOKED about getting to see the QoS trailer on the big screen now :D Does anyone know if the CW trailer is still playing in front of anything? Haven't seen it in theatres yet...

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is my top favorite movie of the year so far, I love it as much as Raiders, Temple, and Crusade.

I'm really looking forward to The Dark Knight. Most of my friends are super excited about it but not as much as me. Most of them didn't even catch Batman Begins in theaters thinking it would suck. Only after watching the DVD did they realize how good it was and now they're all hyped for the sequel... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I think Dark Knight will be spectacular, a very, close second to Indy 4. Nevertheless, Crystal Skull is the year's champion for me, the best movie of it's kind since the 80's. And that's not easy to accomplish, cause most blockbusters those days did not suck.

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm not really sold on QoS based on the trailer. It looks like it might be alright, and I guess Bond fans will be excited. But it really can't capture the same kind of excitement as Indy, for me. The Bond character has been portrayed by many actors, Indy has always been and will always be Harrison Ford. :cool:

21. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    I just saw The Incredible Hulk last night and I was surprised to see the Clone Wars trailer before it.

I also catched Indy4 but no Clone Wars trailer. Most likely when The Dark Knight shows up they'll have the trailer playing more.

It's a must see, the trailer looked amazing on the big screen.

22. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Oooh, I was already going to see Hancock because I did some errand work on the film

:rolleyes:

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    There'll probably be a Clone Wars trailer running with The Dark Knight since they're both WB property.

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Here's hoping! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.