main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPOILERS: JUST THE FACTS II: Everything that is known about Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    JUST THE FACTS II: Everything that is known about Indiana Jones IV

Much has happen since the "JUST THE FACTS thread was last updated and now many of those "facts" are irrelevant. This new updated "JUST THE FACTS" thread will include updates of all known facts since the official announcement of the production of Indy 4 on January 2, 2007. Since I'm new to moderating I'll simply repost jp-30's original heading with some minor updates:

This thread is based on the template created by Grilled-Sarlacc for SW Ep3 in the 3SA forum.

This is an accurate timeline of all known facts since January 2, 2007 to the present. All of this information includes the source, the date, and... just the facts! Enjoy!

This thread obviously contains spoilers about Indiana Jones IV, so read no further if you wish to remain unspoiled for this movie. When news is found on several sites, or revealed at different times, the repeated info is not posted.

If you hear of anything definite no unsourced rumours, please post below and I'll edit it in.

[li][b]January 2, 2007;
    Official Press Release Announcing Indiana Jones 4 [link=http://www.lucasfilm.com/press/news/news20070102.html]LucasFilm Website[/link]:[/b]

The World's Favorite Action Hero is Back! Indiana Jones to Start Production in 2007
    January 2, 2007

In a long-awaited announcement, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg revealed today that the fourth installment of Indiana Jones will begin production in June 2007. Harrison Ford returns in his role as the daring Dr. Jones for the new adventure. The film will be produced by Lucasfilm Ltd., directed by Steven Spielberg and released by Paramount Pictures throughout the world in May 2008.

The screenplay has been written by David Koepp.

Spielberg states [i]"George, Harrison and I are all very excited. We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones."[/i]

The film will be produced by Frank Marshall with George Lucas and Kathy Kennedy as executive producers. [i]"Working with Steven, Frank, Kathy and the Indy crew is like working with family,"[/i] states Lucas. [i]"These films are such great fun to make. I'm looking forward to reuniting with the team and starting this new journey."[/i]

The film has plenty of action in store for the rogue archeologist. Harrison Ford comments " [i]I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends. I don't know if the pants still fit but I know the hat will."[/i]
    It will be shot on undisclosed locations around the world as well as in the United States.

For more than 25 years, audiences have been enraptured by the exploits of Indiana Jones. The film trilogy -- Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade --garnered 14 Academy Award nominations, won 7 Oscars, and grossed over $1,182,000,000 at the box office. The films are among the most popular films ever made and have become a legendary part of film history. [/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]January 17, 2007;
    David Koepp Talks About The Indy 4 Script [link=http://www.filmstew.com/showArticle.aspx?ContentID=15358]FilmStew.com[/link]:[/b]
    [i]?I?m going to get my *ss handed to me on some level, even by my fellow filmmakers or the audience,? Koepp continues. ?So you just accept all that and go and do the best thing you can with as much love as you can. I worked with Steven a number of times but never with both of them [Spielberg, Lucas]. They?re big guys with big opinions and it?s definitely a challenge, but a challenge worth stepping up to.?[/i][/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]February 2, 2007;
    Kaminski Is Cinematographer for Indy 4 [link=http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=129]TheRaider.Net[/link]:[/b]
    Janusz Kaminski has confirmed that his next project as director of photography is Indiana Jones. He announced this during an interview with Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza this week. Kaminski added that he will be lensing the film [i]"all over t

2. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    How's that for a start?

I've left out some things that are mainly rumors or could be considered gossip but if there is an article you think I should add please let me know.

Also how far back should I go? I chose January 2nd simply becuase I needed to draw a line somewhere and that was the day the official press release came out so it seem like a good place to stop for right now.

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    It's as good a cut-off date as any.

Good idea to update. :)

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Good work, Gobi.

5. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Nice Job man.

All though, we might want to find a way to preserve the original thread as a sort of historical log of sorts, maybe lock it, but make it a sticky?

6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  7. March 28, 2007;
    Ray Winstone In Negotiations For Indy 4 Hollywood Reporter:

Ray Winstone is joining the expedition for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones adventures. Although the film's plot is being closely guarded, sources said Winstone will play star Harrison Ford's sidekick.
  9. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Kaminski!? Why does it have to be him? With his grainy, washed out, and dis-colored style. It's going to take the fun out of Indiana Jones. The bright color palet was one of the great things about the films. I am not saying that Kaminski is a bad DP or anything. His style was awesome for Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, and Armistade. But not for something as bright, and fun as IJ4. Kaminski's visual style was wrong for Jurrasic Park 2. Although I will re-visit it to see it again. And one can only hope that he is up to IJ4.

10. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Kaminski shot the bright and fun "Catch Me If You Can" and "The Terminal" so he's up for the task of shooting Indy 4.

11. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Catch Me If You Can, I will give you. But I disagree with The Terminal. It seemed washed out and grainy in spots. Same with War of the Worlds. IJ should not look like that.

12. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I"m sure it won't. Kaminski is a great cinematographer, and great cinematographer's know how to serve the film they are working on. For comparison, look at the Lost World, that was a fairly normal looking movie, as far as cinematography goes.

13. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Yeah, i had concerns about that, but then i thought of it like this - just because he's good at one style, doesn't mean he's bad at another. I mean Indy is bright but not CMIYC bright. And if you think back to Temple of Doom, that was actually a pretty similar tone to The Lost World. At the end of the day, Spielberg brought him on board and i have absolute faith in the 'berg. Just be glad we're not getting Tom Cruise as Indy's nephew or younger brother or something. Actually, he'd make a pretty good nazi.

14. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    You've heard of "The Good German?" This is "The Nice Nazi." :p

16. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Some Indy IV news from Empireonline.co.uk.

George Lucas spoke to USA Today yesterday about the fourth Indiana Jones film and delivered a master class in saying a lot without actually giving anything away.

So, what did we learn from Lucas's chat with the venerable publication?

The full name of the film will be kept under wraps until the first trailer is released on Thanksgiving in the US. Since we don't have Thanksgiving in the UK ? we just eat what we want and give thanks to no-one, NO-ONE! ? We?ll just call it the last weekend in November.
    Cate Blanchett, whose role is still unspecified, was Spielberg's choice. "That's who my director wanted and I always bow to my director," said Lucas. "I approved her because she seemed like a good idea".
    Sean Connery is not yet signed to return as Indy Sr. "We're still trying," is all Lucas would say.

The film will shoot in several top secret locations, including one that features a waterfall. Niagra? The Amazon? Logger's Leap at Thorpe Park? Who knows?

Some interesting news there especially the trailer info.

17. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I just saw this myself over at TheRaider.net so I'm putting together an entry for the list.

18. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    God dammit i should be a movie producer!

19. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  20. April 13, 2007;
    Shia LaBeouf Officially Joins Cast Indianajones.com:

"We are excited about bringing Shia into our Indy family," said Spielberg. "I was hoping the rumors were true, so I couldn't be more thrilled," said Shia. "To be cast in an Indiana Jones film is like grabbing the brass ring and holding on for the ride. I'll do my best to meet the high standards that Steven, George, and Harrison have set and I can't wait to take that giant step in front of the Indy cameras."
  22. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Good to see G_S's legacy living on! Now we need some hyperspace webchats!!

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  24. May 4, 2007;
    Henry Jones Sr. In Indy 4 Script Reuters:

In a brief interview, [Lucas] said veteran actor Sean Connery had yet to agree to reprise his role as Indiana Jones' father.
    "We have a script with him in it," he said. "If he doesn't do it, we'll do a quick rewrite."
  26. minnesotamusik

minnesotamusik Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    Oh, I hope the get Connery to sign on. I have a feeling this is going to be an Indiana film of Epic proportions!
    Shai is going to be awesome!!

I can't wait!

27. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  28. May 15, 2007;
    Indy 4 To Film Car Chase in New Haven, Connecticut New Haven Register:

Indiana Jones will be racing up Chapel Street next month, a spokesman for director Steven Spielberg confirmed Monday. The fourth installment of the hugely popular series, arriving in theaters almost 20 years after the third, will include some kind of car chase on Chapel between College and High streets. A pre-production crew was in the city last week and Monday talking to shop owners on the block.

29. UPDATE
  30. May 16, 2007;
    More Details From New Heaven Shoot New Haven Register:

The film will have a major chase scene downtown and on the Yale campus ? and inside Yale as well, including Indiana riding his bike through the Commons, Yale?s dining hall. Set in 1957, the scene will appear near the beginning of the movie. Indy will be chased down a transformed Chapel Street into Old Campus, onto High Street and escape briefly through a gate into Branford College. Other segments have Ford on York and Elm streets, roaring out of Sterling Memorial Library, flying into Old Campus through Phelps Gate, breaking up a political rally on the way.

31. UPDATE
  32. June 3m 2007;
    New Location Added for New Haven Shoot New Haven Register:

Paramount Pictures representative Abby Eon, in a letter to the city, said the producers for the PG-rated action-adventure film are considering using the exterior of the historic church [First Congregational Church in West Haven], "with actors entering and exiting the church." Neither Eon nor church officials returned calls seeking further comment.
  34. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Man I think this movie is going to rock! I'm almost more excited for Indy 4 than I was for SW Epi.I.

35. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  36. June 7, 2007;
    Blanchett, Winstone and Hurt Confirmed; Connery Officially Out IndianaJones.com:

Several stars have thrown their hats into the ring to join Harrison Ford and Shia LeBeouf in Indiana Jones' latest whip-cracking adventure. Next year, when the new Indiana Jones movie opens worldwide on May 22, Indy will share the screen with Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt.

While the man with the hat is back, this time he's not bringing his Dad. Sean Connery, who retired from acting in 2005, said: "I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement. I thought long and hard about it and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film. I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son. But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun.
  38. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Excellent work Gobi-1!!! Not to mention VERY needed.

39. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Thanks. Added Two Updates

40. June 8, 2007;
    Indy To Shoot Near Deming, New Mexico Las Cruces Sun-News:

An action hero with a renowned fear of snakes is coming to southern New Mexico. The fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" series will film some scenes in Deming. An area outside Deming will be transformed through Hollywood magic into Morocco. Folks who work in the technical side of the film business have been in Deming for weeks. A building at the former air strip in Deming has been painted blue, with a USAF insignia and the words "Home Of The Fighter Pilot" painted on an outside wall. In addition, WWII Air Force vehicles are parked nearby.

41. [li][b]June 12, 2007;
    Indy To Shoot In Varacruz, Mexico [link=http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/]HarrisonFordWeb.com[/link]: [/b]
    Film commissioner Próspero Rebolledo of the state of Veracruz said in an interview in Coatzacoalcos that Indiana Jones 4 starts filming in Veracruz as of the second week of July. We have reason to believe that Mr Rebolledo refers to Veracruz the state and not just the state capital and port.[/li]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.