main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Spoilers. My stream of consciousness breakdown of TFA.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Eeyore, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Eeyore

Darth Eeyore Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    I went full geek yesterday afternoon. Please bear with me. I only follow the movies and not all the extra EU, etc. I do watch the cartoons occasionally. The Force Awakens was a little rushed for me but for me to devote time to it means I liked it!!!! So my theory is that the four new characters are all portions of the old characters and the story arc is essentially the same as "A New Hope". Meaning they each have at least one portion of the characteristics of the big four from ANH.
    Rey: (This is kind of a stream of consciousness writing so I tend to jump. Sorry) Clearly the Luke of this trilogy. In regard to her parents: So Maz tells her that her parents are not coming back to get her but someone can help her, aka Luke Skywalker. Is that the truth from "a certain point of view"? IDK. Is she Luke's kid? IDK possibly. Is she Han and Leia's kid? I don't think so. Why wouldn't she recognize her parents when she was dropped off when she saw Han again. Han first tried to dump her off and then wanted her to stay with him. Work on the falcon. He clearly figured something out. Maz does ask about her and it cuts away. Someone in some forum says that during her flashback when she is being dropped off on Jakku that someone says "I'll be back for you sweetheart" (It is apparently from the novelization. I may be wrong I haven't read it.) Who says "sweetheart” in the original trilogy: Han Solo. No one else. So did he drop her off? Is that how the falcon ended up on Jakku. Did it breakdown again and he needed to move quickly? So he jumped on a freighter out of town. Did Han give someone the falcon in exchange for someone to care for her? The ship Rey sees leaving Jaaku could be similar to the one flying out of Jaaku in the vision? Is this why she watches it? This doesn't mean he is her father. Is she Kylo's twin, little sister, daughter (doubt it), cousin, etc. and he dropped her off to protect her using his father's words (sweetheart). Is that his weakness he discusses with Vader's mask? It looked to me that the person holding her hand was the guy handing out the rations in exchange for junk. It was so fast though. It looks like Kylo saves her in the vision Rey had. He is killing a KOR to protect her? Did he steal the Falcon and drop her off? Is Max Von Sydow character suppose to watch over her like Ben Kenobi? I can't just say Ben anymore. Why does Max's character have the part of the map? Was all this timing or the force pulling the strings. Is Rey Luke's kid? Why would he strand her on a desert planet like he was. Plus he left town. Why not take his child with him? Instead leaving her there with no one to care for her. Did he take the falcon and leave it there? Her being dropped off seems rushed. In another forum someone says that during her interrogation by Ren she tells Ren about water and an island. I missed this. Was she with someone who dropped Luke off? I didn't see an X-wing anywhere on Luke's island. Did she see the island before, but if she did then and Han dropped her off he would know where Luke was. Or someone woud know where he is. Was the force showing her where Luke was? Did Han come and get her from the Jedi temple after his son went crazy and tore up the place and then quickly drop her off and lose the falcon. Is she a product of the force like Anakin was? I hated that story line. Leia's portion of her was her being captured and resistant to the torture. Also she loves Finn aka the Han of this trilogy. One more confusion part is this: She never meets Leia until the end of the movie and they embrace and cry together. How does Rey know about Han and Leia? Unless she has seen her before.

Finn: Very much Han Solo. Both started in the bad guys army (Imperial and First order). Both turned around. Both save someone when leaving their respective armies. He doesn't appear force sensitive. Both wanted out of this whole mess. He is also the comic relief like Solo. He is in love with Rey like Solo and Leia. He saved her like Han did in ANH.

Ren: Clearly the Vader. He seems older than Rey and talks about hearing about her. I think he would know who she is if they were twins or related. He had to be of a certain age to turn on Luke and the other Jedi. I think she is left on Jakku after the attack on the Jedi temple and she is very young. He destroys a room when he hears about a girl helping Finn. Did he hear about her before the day Finn and Rey got away? Through Snoke? Is it another prophecy? Once Snoke hears about Rey finding Luke, he says that he needs to finish Ren's training right away. There are now a one Master and one Apprentice on both sides. The force would therefore be in balance. Did he drop Rey off on Jakku to protect because he still has light side inside of him. That "pull" he feels. Did he drop her off to protect thinking she would be gone forever but now she is back. Is she his brother, cousin, child? He talks about being weak and making mistakes when talking to the Vader mask. Was that his failure? Was his failure when he interrogated Dameron? IDK How did Kylo feel Han's presents on SKB? It makes no sense.

Poe Dameron: In "A New Hope" (Similar to TPM) a Jedi destroyed the Death Star. Only Jedi can fly like that. Dameron destroyed Starkiller Base with Jedi reflexes like Anakin and Luke channeling the force. So is he force sensitive? Can he be a twin to either Kylo or Rey? Their heritages seem to say no but could he have been another child Jedi saved from the temple? I know Star Wars Wiki has back story for him but Rey was stranded on a desert planet like Luke and Poe was under the care of former Alderaanian Princess now General Leia. Similar to Leia being under the care of Bail Organa. Same story arc as ANH. This is portion his portion of Luke Skywaker. He is also part Han in his attitude. One big caveat is Ren torturing him v Ren's attempts to red Rey's mind but Leia was tortured by Vader and gave up a planet only after they threatened to genocide her homeplanet. Poe didn's take long at all. He also gives BB8 the map similar to the plans to the death star from Leia in ANH.

I think R2 woke up because he was waiting for the right moment. Maybe when Rey arrived. Like he was waiting for the force to deliver her and or piece of the map. Then he would reveal the map. Similar to how he had the death star plans in the original trilogy. BB-8 is of course the R2 of this movie. I mean he ends up on a desert planet with the map (plans from ANH). Runs away. Gets captured by a junk collector. Gets saved by Rey (aka this trilogies Luke). How does Max Von Sydow's character know Kylo?? I think Leia's sorrow for Han's death isn't from his death but the pain in her son fees as part of the force. BTW: No body then he probably isn't dead. Main characters death in Star Wars movies' leave a body or go into the force. Otherwise they may not be dead. I'm probably wrong but Dameron's character was presumed dead then surprise (Darth Maul, etc). There was always foreshadowing and irony in the previous trilogies. Han in this movie is of course Ben from the original and Qui Gon Jinn in the prequels. The older mentor that dies. Luke is kind of like the Yoda but Yoda wasn't in ANH. Either was Palpatine but Snoke is clearly the Palpatine of this trilogy.

IDK guys. I's probably way off but either way it was fun breaking it all down. Let me know what you all think. Please.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    There is a thread for fan reviews.

3. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We would be honored if you would join us.

Welcome to the forums.

Darth Eeyore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.