~*~*~spoilers on the next star wars book~*~*~

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AT-ST_DRIVER, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, i don't post in here much, but i found (actually, it was a friend who sent me this) some interesting facts on the next SW book. i figure you guys are just as obsessed as me about the EU, right? Well, anyways, here's what i got:
    Here, This is what that site i read that on said. iT was written by someone who gets previews on the books, it won't all fit in one post, so i'll use a few.:
    Dark Journey will be probably the second darkest book of the series, next to Star by Star. Jaina Solo will escape from the Yuuzhan Vong with her brother and the other Jedi caught. She drops them off and gets as far away from everyone as she can and thinks about suicide even because her brother died. Vong ships come after her but she uses the the Dark side of the force to chase them away. Finally she gathers her thoughts and runs away to the Hapes Cluster where the Jedi are held repsonsible for when the Centerpoint Station blasted away the whole vong armada and the whole hapan armada. (Jedi Eclipse). They pretend to be nice to her but really they are trying to catch her along with the Vong who have trailed her there. She goes on a crazy Dark side spur and wipes out all of her pursuers.
    She has now turned to the dark side. Her brother comes and takes her back to the Jedi base, eclipse, but she runs away and leaves. As tough as it is for her to admit it, because she hates him, the only person that could understand her now was Kyp Durron, a Jedi always close to the Dark side. Kyp becomes her master, and the book ends. (Jaina will be saved from the dark side in the next book by having anakin come back)

Well that was my preview. I'll do 'starwarspolice exclusive' preview of any new star wars book or movie three months before it comes out.

Jaina Solo struggles to deal with the loss of her brother, Anakin as she escapes from Yuuzhan Vong forces.

The following was released by the Official Site......

In Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham, Jaina Solo's escape from the Yuuzhan Vong forces her to seek haven in the Hapes Cluster where the Jedi are held responsible for a tragedy long past. The young Jedi is caught among sinister hosts, murderous pursuers and her own thirst for revenge.
    those were the three posts sent by my friend, he got them from some guy called Jwiskid87. Tell me what you think.
  2. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I tend to doubt that, but I guess you never know.
  3. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    YOU DA MAN!

exept aniken is not coming back.
  4. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    which brother, the dead one or the captured one? :)
  5. AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Master

star 4
    wow. someone actually responded to one of my threads. hoahw (i know whoa isn't spelled like that, but i'm on glittersim at the moment.)
  6. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No one here likes BS. All you did was make speculation based on facts that everyone knows. I doubt that the book will be that simple. And Anakin can not come back. Furthermore he would not be coming back in the next novel, Jedi Dream, as it takes place at the same time as Dark Journey and forcuses on the political and military movings after the fall of Coruscant.

If you're going to even try and BS people at least try and think of something shocking... Now go and think up a way to ban yourself from the forums. Thanks.
  7. darthparth Jedi Master

star 3
    No one here likes BS. All you did was make speculation based on facts that everyone knows. I doubt that the book will be that simple.

Easy there, friend. He was doing just as you said, speculating. And I don't recall asking you to speak for me, or the rest of the members of these boards. I, for one, enjoy speculation, and this is some good speculation.

As for your theory AT-ST, It seems plausible, except for Anakin's reappearance.

Also, you might want to make your subject "possible spoilers" because, as good as your theory is, it isn't confirmed, so not really a spoiler, yet.

DarthParth
  8. Nichos_Marr Jedi Master

star 4
    Wedge88, the next novel is REBEL Dream.

The speculation was odd. I don't understand why Jaina would go to Kyp. Once she's turned to the Dark Side, why would she want to go back? Furthermore, Anakin won't be coming back, and Jacen is captured by the Vong.
  9. darthparth Jedi Master

star 3
    Odd, yes. But if you think about it, Jaina has a strong light-side influence, Luke, Mara, Leia - all of who are deeply rooted in the light-side. I believe she doesn't turn completely to the dark-side. Much like Corran in Ruin, she crosses the line, but she doesn't step over it with both feet, if you get my analogy.

Therefore, she realizes what she has done (again, much like Corran) and tries to get help, or at least, another perspective. From this line of thought, Kyp is the only logical choice.
  10. Lord_Augustus Jedi Padawan

First, Wedge, calm down man. No need to get on this guys case...

Second, that was a lot of speculation, and not much else. Granted, it wasn't stupid, but it wasn't all the amazing either. And the little bit about Anakin coming back is getting to me...I'm starting to wish he'd never been born... ;)
  11. Master_Halcyon Jedi Knight

star 1
    If Jaina does become suicidal I'd like to see some narcissistic cynic help her through it and form some kind of relationship in the EU that isn't between ultra grand hero's
  12. AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Master

star 4
    If you'd actually READ the thing you'd notice it wasn't me that wrote. it was some loser on the starwars.com message boards. also, i didn't find it very plausible either. i personally think jaina's gonna go all dark side and try to save Jacen, but ends up getting catured herself, the Tsavong Lah will force 'em to fight. i also think Raynar Thull is still alive.
  13. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    People often use the last two digits of their year of birth as a suffix for their usernames (Though I still haven't figured out what the "88" in Wedge 88 means, considering that he was born in '85). Someone named jwiskid87 would probably be a kid born in 1987... and the writing style is certainly consistent with that. It's unlikely that someeone would get prerelease copies of books at the age of fourteen. Sorry, but this seems like nothing more than secondhand speculation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.