1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

FF:NSW [SPOILERS] Post your movie review of Revenge Of The Sith here!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ki-Bara-Mundi, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

Benji, please don't use language like that in here. It's not keeping with the family-friendly focus of the boards. It's also grossly offensive.
  2. Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan

star 4
    it was hard enough finding a word meaningful enough to use...
  3. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

Then you clearly have no idea what the word means.

Would you like to meet some people who do?

4. ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan

star 4
    idd like a mod on that word

its a commonly used phrase in todays language to mean "owned" "slaughtered" "beat easily" so is it allowed to be used?

im not on either side here but just pointing out that some words that can mean bad things are commonly used today for other meanings.
  5. Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan

star 4
    maybe you'd like to post preview all my posts?
  6. Scoot Jedi Master

star 4
    Im pretty sure Benji didn't mean it in that way. He's a hardcore gamer, and I dont know if you've checked any gaming forums or been to a net cafe anytime recently, but its been used commonly to replace 'beaten' or 'owned'.

Yeah as Biggs said, 2 meanings definetly.
  7. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5
    there is only one usage

i could care less what hardcore gamers do.

and if you think its appropriate, you probably do need your posts previewed.
  8. Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan

star 4
    no, there are 2 in my books, and im pretty sure from the context that i dont mean the way you think
  9. TheOzhaggis Jedi Master

star 5

then i give up.

if that's the standard here, then i'll leave you to it
  10. Scoot Jedi Master

star 4
    I really dont think this is something that should be fought over!

Anyway backk to the topic

I finalllly found the V-wings! I didn't recognise them. I just thought they were a TIE prototype, but now, they are the actual V-wings!

Has anybody else noticed different things 2nd or 3rd time viewings (or 4th, or 5th?)
  11. Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan

star 4
    one thing i didnt like second time through was during the anakin/obi fight, when anakin is on the table, lightsabreless, obi raises to strike and anakin blocks it, Obi's swing is really light, doesnt seem as tho he was trying to kill him, insted looked too staged :S my opnion tho
  12. ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan

star 4
    im not talking about hardcore gamers

im just saying that some words have different usages in todays world and id like to see what the policy is here
  13. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, I saw a few more things on my second and third viewing. By the third time I'd also thought about it a lot more and I still enjoyed it, so that's a good sign.

I know I mentioned this before, but nobody responded so I'll bring it up again and see if I really am delusional. On my third viewing I noticed a robed figure on Kashyyyk who looked suspiciously like either Barriss Offee or Luminara Unduli. Has anyone else seen this and if so do we know who it is?
  14. Scoot Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember Luminara Unduli being there on Kashyyyk helping the wookies set up for the attack. Im pretty sure it was her, but ive only seen it once, so ill wait for someone to confirm it!

and now I think about it, the Lego Wookie Catarmaran comes with a Luminara Unduli mini-fig!
  15. slaveone_2 Jedi Master

star 5
  16. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Nice to hear from you again slavey.

I did some searching and found this. I don't remember seeing this scene in the film.

136 EXT. KASHYYYK-EDGE OF VILIAGE-DAY

The battle appears to be over. WOOKIEES stack destroyed Droids while CLONES assess the damage to their equipment. A Jedi, LUMINARA UNDULI, talks with EIGHT CLONE OFFICERS standing in a circle around her. Suddenly they reveal their hidden pistols and blast her before she can react.

I also found more stuff about the Jedi purge which doesn't seem to be in the film. I'll refrain from posting the details unless people to hear it.
  17. Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i also Read Barris Offee would be seen killed, but alas, was not in the movie :(
  18. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The script seems to indicate that, yes. Apparently Barriss Offee was supposed to be on the same planet (Felucia) as Aayla Secura. But this is a discussion that more properly belongs in the 'Spoilers that weren't there' thread, so I'll leave it at that.
  19. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "He would not have gone to the trouble of attempting an arrest if he had no intention of carrying it out."

He attempted an arrest, and then Sidious admitted to being the Sith Lord and cut down 3 Jedi Masters. I think it's at that point that the Jedi are allowed to say, "Well, look, we've kinda been fighting these Sith guys for a few thousand years now. They're nad news, so if you don't mind, I'm just going to kill him and you can put him on trial later - it'll be safer that way." Whether he was using Dark or Light, Mace was still acting on his Jedi training and he'd changed his plans accordingly.

"Im pretty sure Benji didn't mean it in that way. He's a hardcore gamer, and I dont know if you've checked any gaming forums or been to a net cafe anytime recently, but its been used commonly to replace 'beaten' or 'owned'."

And on this matter... I'm more of a hardcore gamer than the rest of FFNSW put together! I don't care how many meanings a word might have, it's got one that is still used today and is offensive. But what I find even worse is that people felt it was OK to step in and defend the use of the word after someone said they found it offensive. Really... some people's kids...
  20. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 10
    Syrix, clearly rape is a funny term and the forced-sexual-intercourse connotation is so outdated it's not funny. Clearly the gaming community is correct, being an urban youth demographic who tend to frown upon linguistic formalities such as proper enunciation and definition.

Wha..?

E_S
  21. Scoot Jedi Master

star 4
    But what I find even worse is that people felt it was OK to step in and defend the use of the word after someone said they found it offensive. Really... some people's kids...

I work at a net cafe, I hear it all the time.I know this isn't an excuse but, I know some people can find it has two meanings. I also realise people may find it offensive. I felt I needed to defend my best friend (Jedi_Benji) when I know he didn't mean it in a literal sense, and just thought I'd try and clear it up. Im sorry. Truely I am. I dont really think implying that my parents are not nice people because I felt i needed to defend my best mate is the best comment either, but thats another story. I just hate it tho how these some threads come way off track, so lets just say we leave it at that.

Anywho...

I was just thinking, What planets do they show during Order 66 montage? (correct me if Im wrong)

Aalya Secura is on Felucia?
    Plo Kloon was flying over Cato Nemoidia?
    Where was Ki-Adu-Mundi?
  22. ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan

star 4
    look im not defending it.

theres a lot of words out there that have "bad" meanings that are used inevery day conversation i want to hear the policy in them is all im saying.

in the context he sued its quite obvious he didnt mean it in the way youve all taken it.

dont blame us if we advanced with the world and some people are old fashioned
  23. Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I had this thought on the way to Oztag the other night discussing the movie with some mates.

How Anakin turned to the Dark Side and WHY was so clearly shown in ROTJ that it's not funny. Sure we all knew he'd turn but I for one as spoiler free didn't know how Lucas would do it - Ie. saving padme from death or should I say controlling her life.

In the Death Star Throne Room when Vader has used his lightsabre to cut down the walkway and Luke goes all hide and go seek on him, Darth Vader comes out with the line that should have given it all away.

VADER
    Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for...

Vader stops and senses something. Luke shuts his eyes tightly, in anguish.

VADER
    Sister! So...you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will.

GEORGE LUCAS TAKE A BOW!

He's simply re-run the same situation that faced Anakin in Luke's mind and gee wizz he pulled it off. Where Anakin sought a way of controlling his situation for his own benefit Luke decided to take the Jedi route and do what had to be done. Sure he goes a little dark siderish after that moment of insight from Vader but that anger was against what Vader was suggesting and not choosing to use the dark side for his own gain. Had he done that he simply would've turned around with Vader and both of them would have advanced on the Emperor.

Anakin's obsession with Padme lead him to the Dark Side to control her fate, and was given the choice of using the Dark Side to do so. When faced with the same choice Luke refrained - but it was clearly shown to us how Vader would turn in ROTJ - I can't believe I hadn't put two and two together.

Note: Sure in AOTC you had to be borderline idiotic not to see Anakin's obsession with Padme would take him down but just how that would be used specifically by the Emperor was news to me.

The line: "Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends." is essentially the same route Anakin chose. And I didn't see it!

Gold Georgey boy, Gold.
  24. Sith Magician Jedi Master

star 5
    dont blame us if we advanced with the world and some people are old fashioned

Don't blame us for taking offense because you think you're so damn "modern" at strangling the English language.

Several people have found the use of the term offensive, the fact there is so much carry on over the defense of such a term is also offensive.

Show some respect for your fellow forum users.
  25. The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.