main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

MOD Spoilers, Rules, and Piracy Policy (Please Read)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    STAR WARS TELEVISION
    the spoiler policy and other rules

What is a spoiler???
    (1) All LFL, Cartoon Network, Disney/DisneyXD, theforce.net official released information/images, trailers, and clips are not considered spoiler material.
    (2) A spoiler will be considered future material not from official sources listed. Speculation does not equal a spoiler.
    (3) A spoiler is serious plot details or a character death. Those must always be spoilered or edited out.
    (4) To make a spoiler tag, write [spoiler] [/spoiler] before and after the text you want to hide. The end result should look like this-
    Darth Vader is Luke's father, and Ahsoka is his childhood nanny
    Discussion of New Episodes >>>Updated for Rebels<<< - rules!!!
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread one week before air date

(2) New Rebels episodes air at 8:30pm EST on Disney XD in the U.S. of A. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After the episode airs folks will begin heavily discussing their reviews and thoughts and spoiler tags will no longer be required. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(3) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged with MAJOR SPOILERS in caps in the new episode thread prior to the episode airing.

(4) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(5) Official episode commentary may be posted in the episode thread after airing.

(6) If any more new TCW episodes turn up a single thread will go up for the arc. Spoiler tags will not be required. It is your responsibility to avoid new episode threads until you have had your chance to view the episode.

(7) Discussion of future episodes in new episode discussions threads is not allowed. Posting video clips is not allowed in this thread.

Series Discussion Threads (Spoilers Allowed) >>>Updated for Rebels<<< editions -rules!!!
    (1) These discussion threads are be open to any "official" information discussion. Posting trailers, preview/episode clips for new individual episodes (i.e., things like IGN where they give us a 2:00 minute part of the show, often spoiling key scenes); is permitted.
    (2) Heavy plot related spoilers and stuff like character deaths for future episodes should be spoilered out in the general threads with MAJOR SPOILERS in caps until they are week old news.
    (3) If you intend to be spoiler free these threads should be avoided.
    (4) Don't worry there are spoiler free threads versions where no spoilers are allowed

Rate the episode threads >>>Updated for Rebels<<< - rules!!!
    (1) We do the "Rate the Episode Poll" the day the episodes airs on TV. This thread will contain new episode reviews.
    (2) Discussion of new episodes not allowed in these threads.

Image Caption Threads (spoiler images!) - rules!!!
    (1) The caption thread is allowed to contain screen caps from trailers and previews.

(2) Use common sense with game threads.

Spoiler/ non spoiler guidelines for new threads - rules!!!
    (1) When creating a new thread with intention to talk about a character or plot where the future may be a concern, be sure to specify spoiler or non spoiler in the thread title.
    (2) If spoiler is not specified in the title then no spoilers are allowed and tags must be used. Posts that do not have tags will be edited.
    (3) If spoilers are specified then tags will not be required in that thread and everything is fair game.
    (4) Any spoiler anywhere that consists of a major plot give away such as a surprise appearance or character death must be spoiler warned with MAJOR SPOILERS in caps.

The Rebels Clip Thread - Rules

During the 1st season of The Clone Wars, it became clear that there is nothing more heavily spoiling than the preview clips of scenes from the upcoming episodes (usually released by IGN). Many people have voiced a desire to avoid such clips, which is why we've decided to create a separate thread for the discussion of preview clips.

All posting of links and discussion of content from preview clips should be done exclusively there and can be done so openly. Please avoid discussing content exclusive to preview clips in either the Seasonal or Episode-specific threads. When in doubt, spoiler-tag it in those threads.

This thread is only for the discussion of content revealed in preview clips of full scenes from upcoming episodes. Discussion of the trailers, episode guides, leaked images and other forms of spoiler material should continue to be held in the General or Episode-specific threads as usual.

"Versus Debates" Rule

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

2. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    PIRACY POLICY

TF.N and the JC are 100% against piracy - bottomline is that it kills the industry. Discussing piracy on the board could also get our forum shut down, admins subpoenaed to release member info, and our members in legal hot water. ​

You cannot discuss where to find pirated material to download, and you absolutely cannot post direct links to pirated material. In the past the legal wing of LFL have contacted us regarding the timely removal of pirated material.​

If you break this rule you run the risk of being banned, with little or no warning.​

We realize that this causes a problem with the 'Holiday Special', which is not legally available anywhere.​

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  3. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    I contest the notion that piracy is killing the industry,there is a good argument for that its helping the industry quite a lot actually..example :Game of Thrones would never had been the global success it is without piracy..
    So dont pretend like its black and white,rather shades of grey

David_Skywalker01 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms star 9 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In the past the legal wing of LFL have contacted us regarding the timely removal of pirated material.

Not a mod here but I'm going to take a guess that this pretty much sums it up.

I posted this in 7NSA recently--in the prequel-spoiler days, the expression "got LFL'ed" came into being. "So-and-so's Star Wars site got LFL'ed for posting some hyperspace images." (For those of you who don't remember, Hyperspace was an online subscription format in which people could pay to see limited-release images from the set, among other things.)

"Got LFL'ed" was code for "shut down."

A piracy debate on whether it has helped or hurt the industry might be good for the Senate Floor.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

This is why we can't have nice things. I did not open that thread to have any debates about piracy. I did it so members could add their thread links for the directory which reduces clutter with duplicate threads. I've since moved this stuff into a different thread and locked it again. I can make the argument piracy hurts the little guys involved with production but bottom line is we don't tolerate discussing piracy on the board because it could get our forum shut down, admins subpoenaed to release member info, and our members in legal hot water. Think that's a load of bull? I've been on two different forums where piracy was allowed to be discussed. Hell one of them members were uploading torrents and posting links and guess what? Exactly what I said happened. One of the forums is gone. On the other members had their youtube accounts matched with forum accounts, the forum admins were subpoenaed to hand over 8 U.S. members' account info. I will add this info to the Piracy Policy so folks fully understand why this rule exists and will be enforced.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Soliloquist of SWTV star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Updated a few things, and added a bit on our "versus debates" policy. Here's my message C&P'ed from some other threads:

So I'm just gonna plaster this everywhere, but the SWTV mods have agreed that "TCW vs Rebels" debates are getting out of hand, to the point where some people cannot compare the shows without belittling one in order to bolster their arguments.

This ends now. As everyone viewing the forums on a browser can see, we have a neato banner up top laying out the basic premise of this new policy. We're going to pay more attention to discussions comparing the two shows (comparing any show to another, really), and we will penalize anyone who does not adhere to this rule, which is less of a new policy and more of a solidification of existing board policies.

So be kind. Rewind. And don't start pissing matches over a television show. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.