main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(SPOILERS SORTA)How/Who will bring Jaina back from the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RogueMonCalamari, Aug 25, 2001.

?

(SPOILERS SORTA)How/Who will bring Jaina back from the Dark Side?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yoda Cameo

3.0%
  2. Luke

3.0%
  3. Mara

3.0%
  4. Jag

14.9%
  5. Jacen

35.8%
  6. Anakin

4.5%
  7. Leia

4.5%
  8. Han

3.0%
  9. Other

11.9%
  10. She won't come back from the Dark Side! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

16.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I doubt jainia would go to the dark side. Unless the rumors are really true and anakin dies, and she blames herself for her death" If only I had refused to take Anakin's X-wing and left him on that Mon Calamari Cruiser (sob)"

2. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    They won't be able to come up with a logical way to bring her back so they will just kill her off. That would be funny. Random deaths (fictional, of course) are funny.

3. RogueJeedai

RogueJeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I've been thinking for awhile now that Jaina would be the one to fall, that would be pretty rad. The dark side is fun! And if she must return to the light I hope it involves Kyp. But you already knew that I would say that...
    :)

4. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    darn, this thread has faded away... :(
    Any more comments, people?

5. katskywalker

katskywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2001
    oh no, I didn't see the last option! *That* would be wonderful! [goes find a plot...]

6. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey what about Corran Horn, he was a Rogue piolet and a Jedi. Plus he had that lovely brush with the darkside in I,Jedi. Tough i'll admit this may just be wishful thinking.

7. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    I think it will be Kyp. Jacen is going to die, and that's what sends her over, so he's out. Jag would have worked, but they have ignored him since DT, and I am doubting if he still has a major role to play. Keyes set up some great stuff between Kyp and Jania in Rebirth, and I'd love to see it develop. Kyp helping to bring her back would set things up for the whole master/apprentice(and possible romantic interest ;) ). It would also be a great way to help resolve the conflict between Luke and Kyp, proving that Kyp isn't actually a badguy, as too many people seem to be thinking nowadays.

8. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Of course she falls to the DS thats why its a DARK JOURNEY. And I think she'll bring herself back.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Corran, your words, they're beautiful :)

10. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    Awww, thanxs Reaper. [face_blush] ;)

11. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    If he's alive, and she turns. It will be Jacen.

12. AnakenSolo

AnakenSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2001
    Little baby Ben will do it!

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    If she does indeed fall, it won't be Kyp who will bring her back. Kyp will have been the reason, more likely, that she feel. He no longer knows the difference.

14. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    Kyp isn't a bad guy here. He is just taking a different approach to the war than the characters we have been used to thinking of as the basis of SW. LukeandCo. seem to be predjudicing people against Kyp. When did it become wrong to go at things from a different angle. I'd agree that Kyp is misguided, but he's not evil, he's not totally off base, and he still know's light from dark. Jania falling(someone who he obviously cares for)would be a great way to resolve his issues.

15. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    who says she falls to the dark side? and if she does, who says she comes back?

16. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    Good Point DL. Dark Journey seems to point to her falling, but we don't know for sure. I like the idea though, and I think it's definitely worth thinking/arguing about.

17. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Why is the EU doing this? Does every Skywalker/Solo have to fall to the Dark Side? They are recycling yet another plot. Once again, a Jedi will fall to the Dark Side and ultimately be redeemed. As another Jedi breaks free of the Dark Side, the EU will furthur attempt to cheapen Anakin's redemption. It's been pretty easy for guys like Zekk and Kyp to return from the darkness...then why couldn't Anakin do it sooner?

18. Mark686

Mark686 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2001
    I dont think any of the Solo kids will die. If they did the result might be cool though because that combined with the death of Chewie would for sure send Han over the edge and he would go on a crazy Road Warrior style Yuuzhan Vong killing spree. That would bee cool to see Han kick some ass like Mel Gibson. Think of the possibilities...the jedi are powerless, so Han Solo songlehandedly takes down the opposing force just like his name implys. And the last line of the last book would be, " YOUR MAD HAN!!!!!! YOUR MAD!!!!!!!!

19. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Whoa whoa whoa. When did Jania turn to the darkside? In Rebirth? Or is this just speculation about the title DJ?

20. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
  21. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    Ah, Darth Ludicrous, this thread is only assuming one maybe unlikely potential plotline for fun. Oh yeah, and there's an option for if you don't think she'll come back on the poll.
    speculation=fun :)

22. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I voted for Mara, basically because I like the relationship of these particular characters. I would like to see Mara bring Jaina back if she ever turned, mainly because she was her apprentice and they are very close, even closer than Jaina is to Leia. As for Jagged Fel, I find it amazing that this character has such a huge following considering that he has been in the NJO for all of five minutes. Love his dad, though ! ;) Oh, well, that's my 2 creds.

23. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    This may be a plot that has been used before, but it's a classic thing. The dark side is always supposed to be a temptation, and there are so many ways that it can be done differently than before. I think Kyp and Zekk were able to turn back because they were in it so shortly. Anikan Skywalker had been a dark lord for years by the point Luke was trying to turn him, and up till that point he'd also had the Emporer(insanely powerful darkforce user) guiding/controling him. A bit more difficult to turn from than Zekk's small experience, or even Kyp's(as Exar Kun was taken out by the point Kyp turned from the dark side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.