main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Spoilers] Speculation on identity of Darth Krayt

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Oro_Orbis, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oro_Orbis

Oro_Orbis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2006
    Bear in mind I havent read Legacy of the Force yet, but I recon Darth Krayt from the Legacy novels, is Jacen Solo, or someone else we know.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Krayt

"Krayt was born into a Galaxy deeply wounded by civil war and the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, leading him to believe that the Galaxy was fractured and weak, and that a single will was needed to make it whole and strong again."

2. Ivo

Ivo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    Could it be Anakin it did say he spent time in a stasis tube

3. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Anakin was cremated - as of the Krayt Dragon/Tatooine references - what about a legacies of Tahiri? She was from Tatooine too - Especially with his use of the Yuuzhan Vong armor and all?

4. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Jacen Solo, unlikely based on what Darth Krayt says about himself.
    A´Sharad Hett or a descendant. (The Tatooine connection.)
    Anakin Solo or a clone.
    Nom Anor, the artificial eye.
    Some earlier Sith Lord from the deep past that we have or may not have heard previously.
    Some surprising possibility like Ferus Olin - natural development of his "better than Anakin" character - or Zayne Carrick, a DH character who is hinted to become a Sith Lord and whose future is open.

5. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Well, I'll put it this way:

If he's -not- a direct part of the Solo-Skywalker bloodline in some way, then that really only leaves two logical options:

Option 1: He's a character we've seen before, that was created by and for the comics (A'Sharad Hett, Quinlan Vos, etc...).

Option 2: He's just an entirely new character that isn't anyone we've ever heard of before, but has ties to characters that we've heard of in some way.

This generally rules out things like Ferus Olin, etc... Because to the people that have followed the comics but not the novels (like me, by and large) Ferus Olin isn't going to -mean- anything to anyone without a lot of explanation.

To be truthful, if they're trying to entice new readers with this series (which I'm sure they are), the only two options that -really- make sense are that he's part of the Solo-Skywalker bloodline, or he's someone new entirely. Those are the only two options that make sense in the context of a title that should be largely "self-contained". In other words, if he's a Solo/Skywalker, all the new readers can go "Holy crap!" and recognize what that means. If it's someone altogether new, then it's true that his 'identity reveal' has less impact, but it also doesn't require new readers to have to dig to find out who the heck he is, while the folks that have been reading the prior comics/novels/whatever go "Ooooooh."

6. Sith_Chiss_Hit_List

Sith_Chiss_Hit_List Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2006
    I just can't get my head round the fact that the New Sith Order has been around since 30 ABY. I have trouble believing that Jacen maybe the galaxies newest Sith lord never went to Korriban, especially with his thirst for knowledge.

7. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    The stasis thing throws in a new wrinkle, but I'm still fairly convinced he is Jacen Solo. LOTF would look cheap if Jacen and Lumiya were running around as the Sith while Krayt's "real" Sith Order was on Korriban, so I believe by book #9 Jacen will get around to proclaiming himself Darth Krayt and go into hiding.

8. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Jacen will most likely get a Sith name far before that: I wouldn´t be surprised if we have a new Darth in either the dramatis personae of Bloodlines or Tempest. Or perhaps we have Darth Krayt in there, which would be a good thing. Personally I do think that the Legacy and LotF Siths have no connection whatsoever and that Jacen really never went/goes to Korriban. The best I guess we can expect is that Darth Krayt will be explained to have seen in a vision that Jacen will loose, which would explain why he was hiding in Korriban and didn´t go to take part in the events. I think that most things seem to indicate that LotF is pointless when it comes to the plot events, as the only one that will have effect in the future is the tedious saga of Jaina&Jagged Fel, the future Emperor Cardboard. Oh, and perhaps Darth Krayt will claim that he could never have taken over the galaxy if Jacen wouldn´t have killed Luke Skywalker.

9. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I am going to guess that Darth Krayt has been in stasis for a while and will appear in KOTOR or the Darth Bane book. Could Darth Krayt be *gasp* the main character from KOTOR comics?

-The Rebel Gungan

10. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    The quote above makes me think Krayt is Ben Skywalker. Born during the Vong invasion and sees another civil war during the Correllian Uprising in the Legacy novels and the whole Krayt thing would fit better as he is the son and grandson of people raised on Tatooine.

11. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001

I dont think he's connected to the Skywalker-Solo tree. I like the Nom Anor angle, though that would be hard to work. It is interesting to theorize why he didnt surface during the LotF period. I can only guess why.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I say he's Luke.

13. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    i agree with Jmacq1: either he's a Sky/Solo family member, or an all new guy.

if he's Sky/Solo family, Jacen or Ben are the logical canidates pending LOTF developments, with of course Anakin as the outside chance (and they better have a truely great explination as to why he disappeared for 110 years AND came back as a Sith without anyone knowing). it seems pretty clear this is a guy, so Tahiri or Allana is out based on that... though perhaps if TK dies in Tempest and Tahiri sides with Jacen as some speculate she might... hmmm... but that'd make him younger than we thought/he seems, so probably not.

i'd be cool with him being a random guy... perhaps even someone introduced during LOTF who seems minor and forgetable, perhaps an apprentice canidate who Jacen rejects but allows to live.

14. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I haven't read Legacy 1 yet, but I stated my reasons in the other thread for believing he's A'Sharad Hett.

15. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I know they haven't said he's a Vong, but it seems like they really want us to think he is:

-He wears vonduun armor
    -He has the same eyes as Nom Anor
    -He is addressed as Dread Lord
    -He knew enough about about shaping to sabotage the Ossus Project
    -His talk with Wyyrlok could be taken that his Vong implants are going crazy
    -Vong have long lifespans

My pet theory: he's one of the early Vong scouts sent in prior to the invasion who discovered the Sith ruins on Korriban, was "re-awakened" to the Force by the ancient Sith, and proclaimed the new Dark Lord. Or alternatively he was drawn to Korriban because he already had access to the Force.

16. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Who is Darth Krayt?

I believe Tahiri Veila is his mother. He is...

1. her natural born son gone dark side

or

2. Ms. Veila manipulated the midi-clorians to recreate Anakin Solo.

or

3. Nom Anor survived and is behind the existence of Lord Krayt

I think opition number one is the most likely

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If Jan and John really want to break away from the previously existing continuity and come up with something original, he should be the son of some not-already-existing character. You know... "My dad was Joe Smoe and my mom was Plain Jane." That way, he's not going to be compared every ten seconds to some other character. Let him make his own spot in the limelight.

18. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    That's very true, however if that were the case, why bother to keep him masked even this long? By keeping him mysterious, they're setting themselves up for a seriously anticlimactic moment if they keep him so shadowy for too long, and then reveal he's *dum dum duuuuum*....NO ONE YOU'VE EVER HEARD OF!

I mean seriously, that's the kind of anticlimax that gets people to stop buying comics.

So unless they have Krayt "unmasking" in the first story arc or two, He's almost certainly going to have to be -someone- we know of (or at the very least directly connected to someone we know of).

19. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm... good point. I'm just getting angry at all the little connections Legacy has to previously established sources, when the series was originally advertized as cutting itself off from the rest of the EU.

21. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Clearly, he's Kyle Katarn's illegitimate kid by that Vong Sith lady that captured him.

*G*

22. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    When you put it that way, he pretty much has to be Luke... o_O [face_thinking] :eek:

[face_laugh] [face_mischief] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

23. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    It was advertised as going beyond what the EU's current limits were. It's a big difference between doing that and essentially cutting itself off from pre-existing continuity.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    [image=http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8387/kothiskrayt7sr.jpg] [image=http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4057/kraytiskoth9vw.jpg]

Here is your Darth Krayt.

Take a look at the tatoos. The horns. Koth's ambiguous and often disputed "death" (from a source which also stated Sora Bulq had died).

And let us not forget who Lucas originally intended to be the leader of the Jedi Council in TPM.

25. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Reminds me of when they planned to unmask the Green Goblin for the first time in the Spider-Man comics: Stan Lee, the writer, wanted it to be someone the audience knew, so he could get the shock. Steve Ditko, the artist, wanted it to be a complete unknown because in reality, it probably would be.

I still vote for Nom Anor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.