main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Spoilers] Speculation on identity of Darth Krayt

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Oro_Orbis, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    If someone with "Legacy #1" could scan any shot of him which might help it would be cool. :D

2. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    It's all clear to me now.

Rokur Gepta is Dark Krayt.

3. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    I'd faint from the coolness.

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    PELLAEON

come on you know it to be true.

5. Loclown

Loclown Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Ok, based on the other post, I think Palpatine's son Ken is our winner. Just kiddin.

6. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
  7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Considering how most of the other Sith were tattooed like Maul, I thought for a moment that he somehow survived and became Krayt. But that would be touching Infinities.

Don't know who he is, but I'm betting he's been around since the Prequel Trilogy. Saw the rise and fall of Palpatine, the rise and fall of the NR, the Vong invasion, and learned.

8. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Well, I'll post this here and in the other thread:

Could anyone who has Legacy #1 and a handy scanner scan any good pose of him that migh help us determine of what species he is and such?? Thanks :D

EDIT: No Need ;)

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Reasons I believe Jacen is Darth Krayt:
    1) Timeline. The first page of Legacy #1 really only states that he was alive during the Vong war. It implies that Darth Krayt wasn't doing much. As the Sith seem to separate their pre-Darth personas from their post-Darth ones, with a little retrospect it's easy for Jacen to say that Darth Krayt existed since Jacen met Vergere. Lumiya's been to Korriban. No Krayt.
    2) He mentions knowing the Jedi "of old." Seeing as the Jedi have changed a lot over the years, it would seem that Krayt's knowledge here is reflective of the NJO. Of course, Jacen constantly criticized Luke's point of view.
    3) Philosophy. He sounds just like Jacen. The fact that he even considering bringing the Jedi into the fold, the fact that he wants to bring order, the fact that his own mortality matters less to him than saving the galaxy goes a long way to link him philosophically to Jacen. Krayt's actions seem to be a culmination of everything Jacen dreamed of, and he's going about it as Jacen would have.
    4) It could be argued that Wyyrlok and Krayt's discussion of stasis implies that the stasis was employed as a means of containing and halting the progress of whatever it is in Krayt that's harming him, which he himself says has only been doing so for the past couple of decades. Finding a source and a cure for his ailment may be one of the reasons he keeps a Sith scientist with him at all times. Anyway, point is it's very possible the first time Krayt was in stasis was within the past twenty years, which would rule out the Ruusan-era Sith idea.
    5) Vonduun crab armor. Wasn't Jacen revered by the Vong as a god?
    6) Tassels. There's not enough info to interpret all of them, yet, but there's the following:
    a)There's a prophecy about Jacen being a pretty important Sith figure.
    b) "He will remake/rename himself." - No brainer. He's a Sith.
    c) "He will ruin those who deny justice" and "He will choose the fate of the weak." - Both point to someone in a position of vast power. The former points to someone unlike the Sith have seen before, someone with compassion and a noble goal.
    d) "He will shed his skin and choose a new skin" - Krayt's got tattoos, vonduun crab armor, and weird callous growths on his skin. He's also got an artificial eye, if that means anything.
    c) "He will know brotherhood" - Again, seemingly unSithly, until you consider Krayt's close knit Rule of One, and his almost tender relationship with Darth Wyyrlok.

10. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005

No, they don't. Vader did, but he was a special case.

11. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    It's K'Kruhk, kept alive all these years by the power of the Hat.

12. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Those all sound like good points to me. It would be kind of cool to see him be Jacen, and it's what I've been hoping for. Still I will try and see who else it might be as well

13. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Maybe he is a she

14. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    "I think he is a she, and I think she is a changeling"

15. vader1025

vader1025 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2004
    I see a lot of people say Nom Amor but since when is he force sensitive?

Did I miss something?

I do have a wild theory-Mace Windu.

Someone found him and turned him into a semi-cyborg.

When the Vong came, he was found and "VongFormed"...it's a scretch but it be an "Oh ****" moment.

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The problem with Mace -besides that he's dead - is one of the same problems as with Quin: Jan would get the skin tone right on the characters she's illustrated very often.

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Artificial eye, you say . . . Anor? They wouldn't . . . [face_thinking]

We know he was in the galaxy for at least 20yrs, from his NEGTC entry. They have 150yr average lifespans. His death was left open. Sekot could have reForced some Vong.

18. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Wasn't Anor's artificial eye the other eye?

19. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    How do we know which is the real eye from that picture?

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Krayt wouldn't necessarily have to be someone from a previous series. They could build up to his unmasking all throughout Legacy. "Hey, remember so-and-so? Whatever happened to him?"

Sorta like KOTOR. You got all these characters and all this history saying "Revan this" and "Revan that", and all of a sudden, Revan is 'unmasked' so to speak. It didn't matter that no one had heard of Revan before the game was released. Any unmasking will be good, if it's done well. Conversely, there a million ways they could have made "No, I am your father." the worst pile of bantha poodoo in the history of movies.

21. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    There are 2 reasons I don't think it's Jacen Solo:

1.) It makes it seem like Krayt was already a Sith during the Yuzzhan Vong war, but decided not to do anything, biding his time instead. Jacen didn't turn to the Sith until after the war, so that little monologue at the beginning of the comic wouldn't quite make sense.

2.) It just seems too obvious. I think Jacen will either die or turn back to good by the end of Legacy of the Force, personally. I think it will be someone much less obvious.

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    From that picture we don't. The comic shows us pretty clearly that his left eye is artifical - rather than an iris, he's got a sort of mechanical Republic-crest sort of thing.

23. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    KOTOR is a flawed example, though: When Revan was unmasked, it was -you- (in the guise of the main player character, but still). (S)he was the character that you'd spent a few dozen hours "investing" in. Whether he'd existed before the game or not, there was an attachment there, and it turned into one of the most brilliant plot twists in video game history. Why do you think Revan was suddenly catapulted to high positions on everyone's "favorite Sith" lists? He's the Sith that was -YOU-! Plus, they made him a total badass, and that never hurts.

Either way, that's not exactly something they can pull off in a comic series. Though now I have this strange image of them fitting a page-sized mirror into a comic book.....

Anyway, I'm not saying they couldn't make Krayt a great character without him being someone "recognizable". I'm just saying that if they make the unmasking any kind of "event" or "selling point" and he turns out to be...just some random dude with a messed up face...it loses pretty much -all- of its' impact. It's an anticlimax. Now if they have Krayt just casually unmask in one particular issue, then it's not such a big deal.

Of course, keeping the speculation going whether they "bill it up" as a big mystery or not is very likely a marketing tool in and of itself. In fact, in their posts here I haven't really seen John or Jan "hyping up" that there's a big mystery as to Krayt's identity. We've pretty much done that ourselves. ;)

24. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    ^^ Good points, all.

Of course, if Krayt's identity under the mask is not anyone we know, it could be his backstory, rather than his face, that becomes the big "zomg!!!11one" factor with his character, and that, like the story of Revan, can be introduced piece by piece.

25. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Not to dredge up any horrible old novels, but what about Kueller or Brakiss? Both were admitted Siths (at least temproarily), and supposedly died. Could account for the stasis tube time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.