main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Spoilers] Speculation on identity of Darth Krayt

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Oro_Orbis, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Those two were pretty much dead as in "Look, it's their corpse, let's poke it!" dead.

Weren't they?

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    A patched up physically but mentally whacked Raynar?

3. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I jsut can't help but notice the similarity in Kueller's armor and DKs.

4. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Ok I started this discussion weeks ago...this thread should be locked by now

5. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    My idea: Darth Krayt is Kyle Katarn. After many years of being ignored in EU and no marriage with Jan Ors, Kyle finally snapped and goes mad.

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    ^^ Haha. I don't hate it.

7. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    what self respecting sith would not have at least inflicted a little punishment on maladi? does not that give us some insight into the identity?

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, he kind of smashes her face first into the floor.

9. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    yea but his heart wasnt in it. i am talking about a scar or something this cost him a finality. he was too busy crying to wyrrlok.

10. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    He likes to keep his sith looking "pretty" :D

11. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I still maintain that Darth Krayt is Luke Skywalker.

12. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    That's pretty hard to do with a Devaronian female. If I was a Devaronian male, I would be the first in line to interbreed with just about any other humanoid female (except Juhani). Dev females are just hideous, IMHO.

I like the A'sharrad idea, but it seems a bit out there, even if their tatoos are the same.

The cover to Legacy #1 shows DK dual-wielding. Are any known Jedi infamous dual-wielders?

13. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    You can also see him using two lightsabers on the imperials and later having them on his back.

IMO; Devaronian females are pretty, at least the ones I've seen. Juhani.....the female Senator who was fed to some creatures....etc....

14. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    Juhani was a Cathar :)

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Humorously enough, A'sharad is a famous dual-wielder.

16. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Whoops, I was thinking Jeisel :p

17. Tanith_Shire

Tanith_Shire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    I think Darth Krayt is either Jacen Solo or whoever his Sith Apprentice turns out to be. Its hinted that it won't be Ben and having Krayt turn out to be the Apprentice, especially if the Sith Apprentice is a pre-existing character like Valin Horn or someone established but flexible, would supply the appropriete level of shock. I could see a scenario where Jacen realises the error of his ways and recants while his Sith Apprentice proves to be a more zealous convert and goes into hiding until the Jedi are looking elsewhere and he can built his Sith order in the shadows. If that is indeed the case, it would definately explain things.

Obviously from a plot point, Jacen would have the cooler impact upon revelation to the reader.

As it stands now, what we know of Darth Krayt can cut multiple ways. There is definately a connection of some variety to Jacen, but whether its him or someone influenced by him like Ben (who would be even cooler, but its very unlikely).

As for the name, Krayt doesn't actually need a Tatooine connection. Maybe he just heard of the critter and thought it would make a cool Sith name. Kind of like the folks in the US with Tiger mascots even though there are no tigers on the continent outside zoos.

18. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    OK, here goes a weird freaky theory:

Jacen Solo learns of a powerful force sensitive who lived a few years back. He uses flow walking to make that force sensitive a Sith and tells him exactly what to do. The force sensitive goes into hiding to finish his learning and continue Darth Jacen's Plan at around 30 ABY, which is now possible since Jacen flow walked. At the same time, Jacen hopes to do what he can during his own time, knowing that whether his plan (whatever it is) succeeds or not, he has the backup Sith in Korriban.

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    If Jacen flow-walks in a future book to tell Krayt to go to Korriban circa Betrayal, Krayt would be on Korriban around the time of Betrayal.

20. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Yup....

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    So is Lumiya lying or is Krayt hiding from her?

22. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Well, we know he was in stasis, it's possible that after his training Jacen told him to go into stasis until Jacen himself died or something.

Then again, Lumiya was in Korriban for a long period of time, but we know that she contacted Vergere, or at least Nom Anor, before the Yuuzhan Vong War, which would mean that Vergere told her about Vectivus, leading her to his Asteroid. It's quite possible that Lumiya took all her stuff to Vectivus' lair before 30 ABY and remained there making her plans and learning until 40 ABY, which would leave Krayt free to do his stuff in Korriban.

23. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    It's quite possible that Lumiya took all her stuff to Vectivus' lair before 30 ABY and remained there making her plans and learning until 40 ABY, which would leave Krayt free to do his stuff in Korriban.

Possible, but still rather contrived and I would like to see more believable solution.[face_plain]

Of course, there is one person who most likely was on Korriban during YV invasion. Lumiya herself... As very unlikely theories go: Lumiya = Darth Krayt?;) More likely, perhaps a student of Lumiya´s from that time, who Lumiya considers to be a failure? Which too would be a rather artificial solution.[face_plain]

24. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Think she's gonna pull a Reess Kairn?:D

25. Oro_Orbis

Oro_Orbis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2006
    Upon consideration, perhaps it would be better if Krayt was someone from the Old Republic era? Hence stasis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.