main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[SPOILERS!] The Indiana Jones 4 Cast

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I look at the index thread and didn't see a thread on this so I though I would make one.

This is the thread where we will talk about the cast of Indiana Jones 4. Whose is in it, who isn't and who you would like to see in the film.

I'll start with who will be in the film.

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
    Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr.
    Kate Capshaw as Willie Scott
    Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood
    John Rhys-Davies as Sallah

Who will not be in the film.

The late great Denholm Elliott who played Marcus Brody. I would like to see Henry Sr. in the Marcus role. He would now be the head of the University's Archaeology department. It would be great to see Henry Sr. come into Indy's classroom and lean against the wall like Marcus.

Who I would like to see in the film.

Mark Hamill as one of the villians. He could be a CIA agent who enlists the help of Indy so the goverment can find a powerful relic. It would later be revealed that he is a double agent working for the Communist.

Tom Selleck as a rival to Indy. He could be a rival relic hunter, a rival professor, a rival goverment agent, or a romantic rival who tries to steal the girl from Indy. Since Selleck was almost Indy himself I think it would be fun if he was in the next film.

Who would you like to see in the film?

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sallah / John Rhys Davies' confirmed? :eek:

News to me. Got a link for backup?

3. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I'd like to see Short Round. I wonder if that kid acts anymore.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    News to me. Got a link for backup?

News to me too. Last I heard, Sallah wasn't going to be in it.

5. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    My apologies for misleading you. Sallah is not officialy confirmed, but I would say he is most likely going to be in the film.

I read on another site that Short Round should be played by Jet Li. [face_laugh]

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Can I move him from "confirmed" to "who I would like to see in the film" in the opening post, then?

7. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

I just saw John Rhys-Davies in the TWO TOWERS special features DVD and he looks like he's lost about 50 pounds since he last played Sallah. He'd need to gain some weight if the intention is to match the character as last seen. Also, and I don't
    remember the source, I thought I heard something about him slamming Lucas and Star Wars recently, so apparently if that's true, it's been patched up.

8. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I think I should just create a better list.

Here I found this news from theraiders.net

Monday, November 3, 2003 - Gilles V
    Dark Horizons received a report from the Dallas Comic Convention mentioning John Rhys-Davies and Indiana Jones IV past Friday:

'Daniel' sends in this report from the Dallas Comic Con: "John Rhys Davies was in Dallas and during the Q&A I got a chance to ask him about Indy IV. His response was not good news - he said presently they have not agreed on the script and both Spielberg and Lucas aren't keen on moving forward until they have that 'one special script' which they haven't finalized yet. Also neither he or Sean Connery have yet been contacted about reprising their roles - he does believe it will get made but is not sure as to when it'll happen".

I would look at this as good news. This only proves again how hard they want Indiana Jones IV to be at least as good as the previous three films. To be continued...

You can check it out here at http://www.theraider.net/newsarchives/indy4/2003_november.php#0111030301

It would be easier if a new cast list was begun. We'll only add a name when it is confirmed by Lucasfilm. The only confirmed name so far is Harrison Ford. Sean Connery, Kate Capshaw and Karen Allen are not officaily confirmed but their characters are said to be in the script. So the list should actually be like this.

Indiana Jones 4 Cast

{b]Confirmed[/b]

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones

Unconfirmed

Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr.
    Kate Capshaw as Willie Scott
    Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood
    John Rhys-Davies as Sallah

I'm a bit embarrassed that my list has already fallen apart, so let's get it right now.

When you have officail news on a cast member we can added it to the list.

9. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I believe that Ron Jeremy will play the part of Sallah.
    Long Duck Dong from "16 Candles" will play the part of Short Round

Of course, I have been known to make mistakes from time-to-time.

:p

10. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
  11. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    I'd like to see Short Round. I wonder if that kid acts anymore.

actually, there is speculation of a "Goonies" sequel, where he will join the original cast in helping a new group of kids in a different town.

Maybe the Goonies sequel will propel Spielberg to have him come into Indy 4

12. capo

capo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    your "cast" only has one person in it, and that one person is supposed to be in it. [face_plain]

w00t f00t sp00n 50 posts

13. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    John Rhys-Davies should be in it. Although IJ-TOD is my favorite. Sallah is so lovable a charactor that it would not be the same. Capshaw nor Allen should be in IJ4 because it is 1 lover in each film with no repeats.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I don't think Willie should return, but Marion is a must.

15. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Just like Jurrassic Park 4 and Terminator 4, I don't think Indiana Jones 4 will be made for a variety of reasons.

16. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Sorry to disappoint you but Indy 4 has been officially confirmed many months ago. Spielberg will work on it after he finishes Terminal (with Tom Hanks). Frank Darabont has been working on the script for quite some time. Even Spielberg already mentioned the release date they want (July 4th weekend 2005).

17. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    They've been saying that forever.

18. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    The difference now from the previous time is the type of comments and commitments. Before you would only hear that they wanted to make another one, or that they didn't have a clear idea what about, or that they tried to do a script but went nowhere, or scheduling problems.

The difference this time is that they said they have a good idea (after Shymalan passed up on it), the script is being actively worked by Frank Darabont. Lucas, Spielberg and Ford have all cleared their calendars so that they can commit to it (though Lucas peripheraly) and even Spielbergs commitment to have the film released on July 1st, 2005. Frank Marshall is also already involved. The statements ahave also appeared on TV and more respectable publications like Premiere and Empire UK.

19. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Although Sallah is not needed, it will be fantastic to see him. The only people I desperately think need to be in the film in Indy and Henry.

20. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Marion was a great character but I don't think she or Willie will return. Marion's actress looks real old now. She was on the DVD and she lost a lot of her youthfull looks. I would like to see a new Indy girl as well as Sallah and Henry.

Indy has to battle some soviets this time around! But I do like the Mark Hamil idea.

21. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    And what's mwrong with older actors portraying their age? After all Ford is/will play his age.

22. Teh-Mole

Teh-Mole Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2003
    as long as harrison ford and sean conery are in it, i'll be happy :)

23. GORILLA

GORILLA Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    Are we sure that it's plausible for Henry Jones Sr. to be in Indy 4. As currently speculated Indy 4 will take place in the 1950's. Indy himself will also be in his 50's. The character of Indiana Jones was born in 1899. According to theraider.net Henry Jones Sr. was born in 1872. This would put Jones Sr. in his 80's, that's pretty old. Connery is a truly great actor and he was brilliant as Indy's father. I would love to see Connery again, I just don't know how likely it would be.

There is speculation that Marion, Willie, and Short Round would all come back in cameo appearances, possibly as falshbacks, but not in major roles. Denholm Elliott will be truly missed, he died in 1993. I do hope they find a way to have Sallah in the movie.

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Christopher Lee is 82 years young so an 80 year old Henry is not a big deal.

25. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Guys sorry if I am off-topic but owers that be at tf.n when production picks up on Indy 4 there should be an entire forum dedicated to Indy 4 spoilers. If there is such a forum created I would love nothing more than to devote my time to being a moderator. So put this in consideration Josh Griffin or whoever can make this happen. All the fans would enjoy it I am sure.

Thank you

Terry "Jedi" Suggs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.