main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary ***SPOILERS*** What did you think of Book 7 ***SPOILERS*** ...***Enter at own Risk***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by darth-paul-, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I just finished last night at 2am. I am a slow reader. So, what did you all think???

What was your favorite part?
    Your favorite suprise action from any character?
    Did any of your predictions come true?
    Did you think that Harry was a horcrux?
    Did you think that Snape was evil or good?
    What part didn't you like?

Me, I loved the book (loved them all) but I think that this was the best.

Fav part was when Mrs Weasley swore and dueled.
    Nevelle was AWESOME!!! He has always been my favorite character who is not the 3 main characters.
    I predicted that Harry would die and so would Voldy.
    I kinda thought that Harry was a horcrux, but not really.
    I thought that Snape was good and acting on Dumbledore's orders. then I had doubts after "the 7 Harrys chapter".
    I like the whole book, but one part that I din't like was when Harry could not pull the sword out of the water, but now that I think of it, it was the horcrux that prevented it and not Harry's courage. Also, I could have done without the "19 years later" But, I was expecting Harry to get on the train too, or to leave to go to Horwarts to teach or to be Headmaster or something like that.

One last question, do you all think that J.K. will write more books? (maybe the rise and fall of you-know-who, or maybe back to the 4 founders of Hogwarts?

Darth Paul

2. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    There is more to come from J.K. Rowling. Yeah!!!

Click Here to read the whole story. !!!Link contains spoilers!!!

3. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    I liked the book a lot. Purchased it on saturday read the frist chapter in the parking lot and finished the book early sunday. The book had a lot of good moments one of my favorites being the break out of gringots. I'm glad the Harry Potter world isn't going to end and I look forward to more books.

4. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Everyone is reading the last Harry Potter book.

Darth Paul

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay. I wanted to wait long enough before posting anything as I wanted to give folks time to READ the book (Dooks - hurry up!).

First off - LOVED the BOOK. JK has this ability to suck me into her world and keep me there for the duration. I always get lost in the HP realm. And this time was no different. I could NOT put the book down once I started reading.

And I have NEVER cried so much reading a book! All those deaths :eek: Hedwig's hurt a lot - she was an innocent! But the difference between this book and that others was that there was NO safe haven for Harry. GAME ON - and Volemort was vicious in every way.

I can't say that I had one favourite part because there were so many that I loved. There was:
    *Kreacher's tale - WOW! What a great story! I wonder if Regulus really knew what the locket was...
    *Molly Weasley takes on Bellatrix! OMG! Can't wait to see this in the film!!
    *Neville leading the school in revolt - GO NEVILLE!!
    *Neville destroying the last horcrux - yay!!
    *Snape's memories - great insight into a complicated character. Although I wish we knew more about Lily (how did she and James come to be together?)
    *Harry facing his death - BEST CHAPTER IN THE ENTIRE BOOK. My heart broke reading this chapter. Harry faces death with such maturity, dignity and courage.
    *Battle for Hogwarts - great fights, although I was so sad to see so many lose their lives....

I'm sad to see the series end. But glad that Harry finally gets what he derserves - a Happy Life!!

Would love to see her publish more stories on earlier stuff, like the 4 founders and how they founded Hogwarts, or the first war with Voldemort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.