main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Here's a few bits of concept art from Season 2! (Spoilers!!!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by burngis12, Mar 2, 2015.

1. burngis12

burngis12 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2015
    This was released with the latest Rebels Recon:

It shows several new characters from the "Phoenix Squadron", but these snippets got me the most excited:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks like we're going to be finally seeing the militarization of the Rebel Alliance!

2. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    A-Wings!

Season 2 looks like it's going to be even better than the first. No easy task considering how great season 1 was.

3. burngis12

burngis12 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2015
    I know!! You should definitely check out the rest of the concept art in the video. It's pretty intriguing. But yeah...when I saw those A-Wings, I kinda lost my cool for a minute. Haha.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. burngis12

burngis12 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2015
    Also, it's important to note that the A-Wings in the first photo are not to scale. That other ship is called just "Rebel Capital Ship" and it is MUCH bigger than the A-Wings, as is shown in the second picture. (I made the exact mistake I'm talking about so that's why I'm saying this haha)

jabberwalkie likes this.
  5. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Space battles! YES!

6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Begun, the Galactic Civil War has

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Filoni lied to us. Said Rebels would not focus on the foundation of the Rebel Alliance.

8. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    Season two and our heros still haven't changed their clothes![face_thinking]

9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Well that is only concept art, i'm sure things will be a bit different.

10. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I we really don't know much about season 2. All we know is that our Rebels are gonna be fighting along side "Phoenix Squadron" (and Ahsoka).

11. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I love the cruisers.

12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Technically it appears that the Rebel Alliance has already been formed, just that they haven't become one cohesive group like in ANH.

CoolyFett, burngis12 and Iron_lord like this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I can't wait to see what this new Rebel group is like. :) I'm really looking forward to seeing them season two.

14. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    That season two concept art looks like what I've wanted all along.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

For some reason I hear the original(far as I'm concerned the best) Battlestar Galactica's theme. The A-Wings look out've McQ art and Star Wars: Droids.

Season 1 was too short and weak, but hopefully it picks up as there is a lot of potential.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Interesting enough he says her lightsabers are "basically white". I remember an older debate about that "white" color :

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/darksaber-thoughts-on-this.50025557/page-2

Filoni years back said something different :

14. Hi Dave...great job on season 3...totally awesome! How did you get George to agree to 1) letting Ahsoka carry a 'shoto' and 2) getting the 'shoto' blade to be yellow? He has been steadfast on the Jedi blue/green/sometimes purple and Sith red thing forever. Are we going to see more saber colors in the future? - David Manderville

I gave Ahsoka a shoto and George didn’t seem to mind. Her blade is green, though – a very yellow green. Some say it looks more yellow than green, but it’s green. Trust me. As for the rest, we’ll see reds, greens, blues and purple. That’s it. Tera Sinube’s saber was very light blue and Viszla has the only Dark Saber.​

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dave-filoni/qa/10150219391017571

That was apparenly also before they gave the Jedi Temple Guards the yellow blades, and apparenly Ventress uses yellow. Tano's armor being ancient Jedi seems more like a Old Republic gaming thought, but her armor pattern doesnt look that different than what we see Kanan wearing, or Bounty Hunter Ventress or what Tano wore in CW.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    That Rebel frigate is a modified Republic Medical Frigate. So both the Empire and Rebels are repurposing leftover Republic vehicles from the Clone Wars. I wonder if we'll see the Rebel cells using any leftover CIS technology.

18. burngis12

burngis12 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2015
    Love the avatar, man!

19. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    [​IMG]
    They might also be bringing A-wings into Rebels before X-wings. It looks like they based the design off of McQuarry's concept art, instead of the final design that made it into ROTJ. I wonder if they are making the McQuarry design officially the R-22 spearhead, I doubt they're repeating the same mistakes that lead to the R-22 retcon to begin with.
    Still though, it seems too soon for them to be busting out the R-22. I would have hoped for them to be flying Z-95s, until they rescued the incom people to get the X-wings.

20. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    This is a little disappointing. I was hoping we would see Y-Wings as the first Rebel starfighters, not the A-Wing(Which is supposed to be one of the last ones)

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Am curious if Bail actually died on Alderaan as he spends an awful lot of time away and doing clandestine military operations and has a wandering fleet that looks extremely well equipped.

whostheBossk and JediFan215 like this.
  22. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Never trust a showrunner to tell you the truth about an upcoming season. I learned that big time with Steven Moffat and Doctor Who.

AkashKedavra_93 and jabberwalkie like this.
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I assumed they were just a lot closer to the camera. Seriously, throughout the history of SW there have always been shots of small ships / fighters up close with capital ships in the background.

24. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    That giant ship is filled with A-Wings. Like an A-Wing Carrier.
    I can't wait to see the introduction of X-Wings!

25. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I don't have the images, but if you quickly pause the video as it flashes by the concept art for the Rebel Pilots, you see two distinct uniforms. One has a helmet similar to the Battle of Endor A-Wing Helmet:
    [​IMG]

Whereas the other uniform features a helmet associated with Y-Wing pilots during the Battle of Endor:
    [​IMG]

So it's a safe bet that we'll probably be seeing Y-Wings as well in Season 2!