Orlando, FL Spoilers

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the first I've heard of it, because I avoid AICN. I was a heavy reader of Harry's stuff for a couple of years prior to e1, but it seems they had more and more BS popping up, so I just wait for things to funnel through TF.n.

Natalie and Keira are both lifetime members of my "list," but I'd be very disappointed if another actor took over a major part for part 3 of the prequels. I'm still irritated that Hamill couldn't participate in the Jedi radio dramas. If there is truth to friction, and I hope there's not, then hopefully Natalie will pull an about face ala Ewan "[I think people misinterpreted my comments]" MacGregor.
    - Campbell
  2. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    I pretty much dislike all the "personalities" that write for AICN; however, Harry is the worst. He does not review films, not even close. His so-called "reviews" are more like web logs (or "blogs" as the younglings like to call them). I want a review of the movie, I don't CARE who he saw it with, what he had for breakfast, if he went to the set, if he flew on a private jet with the director, or anything else. Also, his grammar is vastly worse than *anything* I have ever seen here or elsewhere. I instructed English courses at SCC for four years, and, yes, I saw some awful stuff, but Harry writes at no more than a 9th grade level, if even that. Biggest blunder? He *refuses* to accept it is "a lot," not "alot." It's TWO words, not one.

Plus, while using "a lot" online in a forum or an e-mail is fine, there is no reason to use it when writing a review, essay, research paper, etc. There is always a better choice of words to use.

I admit I visit it in the hopes that some interesting or cool information comes along, and, sometimes, it does. Overall, the site is a joke with almost no redeeming value and very little information. Harry lives to lick the feet of that hack Peter Jackson and just say, "MAN IN SUIT! MAN IN SUIT!" over and over.

He'll die, and we will all be happy. He takes up too much space on this little, over-populated planet.

Brandon
  3. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    I killed the thread. Awesome.

I'm the best.

Brandon
  4. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    While visiting TheForce.net I found some cool things:

-It's hinted that Anakin uses three lightsabers.
    -It's said that Anakin's betrayal will give everyone goosebumps
    -The name Darth Vader will be explained
    -Anakin knows Padme is pregnant
    -Anakin gets lots of screen time

-There's a new bad guy (other than Vader), his name's General Greivous
    -He's quoted as being "one bad mother"
    -He's old-school serial style

-"Obi-Wan's actions in the film are pivotal to what ends the Clone Wars."
    -The name chagne to Ben will be shown
    -From the looks of it, Obi-Wan will get beat up a lot
    -Obi-Wan gets lots of screen time

-The Skywalker twins are born
    -Padme's back to disguises

-"We will see the emperor and/or Anakin make use of the dark side of the force with lightning, chokes and more."
    -Palpatine's plan is revealed
    -Palpatine's got some awesome lines
    -Darth Sidious uses his lightsaber

-Yoda gets to fight again
    -Yoda goes into hiding

-"The Anakin/Kenobi duel is a lengthy one and will span many sets and travel a lot of distance."
    -"The duel will be a fierce confrontation and will keep up the pace for a while. Some of the fighting will take place on an incline...and "Anakin is weak on a slope", as Nick Gillard pointed out in his webchat and meant it literally."
    -The duel is "nasty"
    -The words spoken during the duel will be nasty as well
    -The fight is so fast it may seem artificially sped-up
    -"Obi-Wan and Anakin have a moment where they collide with a control panel and land hard against a rough surface. The control panels and display screens have many unyielding protrusions."
    -"The final fight sequence in this film should surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far. It?s the longest, I can?t give you specifics, but it is quite the bad-assed fight scene. Nick Gilliard has done an amazing job instilling an arc of story in the fight. It justifies, because you know Anakin and Obi-Wan have it out, but Anakin is the chosen one-he is supposed to be the best. But he comes out on the shorter end of the stick in the fight. It justifies it really nicely as the fight progresses."-Hayden Cristensen
    -"As scripted, the final duel exhausts almost the entirety of the Jedi bag of tricks."
  5. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    And if that's not enough, theForce.net has a page that's maintaining all the little nuggets we've heard from official sources:
    http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/
  6. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you for that link. I've never read so many spoilers! Are all of these accurate, "official" spoilers or are they more rumor?

Melanie
  7. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    That's an interesting distinction. Technically, according to Pablo Hidalgo (Lucasfilm's Internet Content Developer), a spoiler is information not released through official Lucasfilm channels. So, by that rationale, around 1979 if Lucasfilm had announced obscurely that Vader was Luke's father- then the knowledge would not have been a spoiler even though it would seem to have spoiled a lot of people's experiences in the 1980 movie houses.
    The items listed are accurate quotes as far as I know, and most were said in official forums, so maybe they're not exactly spoilers- but if they're not even common knowledge among the fans like us, it seemed a worthwhile link to post. -Campbell
  8. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    Herc has posted a spoiler summary for episodes 11 - 20 of Star Wars: Clone Wars airing next month.

L8r
  9. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Amazingly, I'm not going to seek out spoilers for the cartoons. I can't explain it. I'm very excited that they'll be here soon, but somehow, ehh. Though Genndy Tartokovsky seems very excited that General Grievous will be introduced during the final episode, and that sounds pretty good. -Campbell
  10. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Amazingly, I'm not going to seek out spoilers for the cartoons. I can't explain it. I'm very excited that they'll be here soon, but somehow, ehh. Though Genndy Tartokovsky seems very excited that General Grievous will be introduced during the final episode, and that sounds pretty good. -Campbell
  11. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, they're more like a quick TV Guide synopsis than actual blow by blow spoilers, but I get what you're saying. I can't wait to get my hands on the second batch! :)

BTW, a friend of mine couldn't get past the first episode because of the animation. Has anyone else heard complaints of that nature? I don't get the big deal. I don't expect all animation to look the same. Disney has their style, the Japanese have theirs, Matt Groening has his. As long as I can tell what's going on and it doesn't look goofy (unless it's meant to look goofy, of course :p) I'm fine with any style. I'm more concerned with character and story than what style a cartoon chooses.

L8r
  12. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I've not heard any complaints, but it is very distinctive, so, like in politics, that can be controversial. I'm happy with the style on the whole, though I'm not sure how I'd like them adapting some of the more famous iconography. I can already say I'm not too enthused about 3PO, and I bet they'd not satisfy me with a Stormtrooper or Vader either. Sort of like the Playskool figures, most I love, some I really don't like. Petty humans....

Any spoiler news lately? I've not seen a thing.
  13. chewbacca1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Holy crapola, did you guys see the pic of burnt Anakin? Brandon says tis authentic... oh well.

I will add a link to the pic:

http://orlandofanforce.tripod.com/gallery/burntvader.jpg
  14. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow. Let me say that backwards Wow!
  15. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    It was established in the spoiler forum that the pic is a fake of sorts. The body is not real. The face was a makeup test, so it could or could not appear that way in the movie.

L8r
  16. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    TheForce.net claims it's a composite of 3 or 4 real images so I think there might be something similar in the final product. Either way, the image is perhaps the most haunting Star Wars image I've seen since the drawing of the so-called Sith Witch considered for e1. -Campbell
  17. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    The new episode 3 title is The Creeping Fear? Ja? Exsqueeze me? Bacon powder? Sorry, I don't like it, if true.

L8r
  18. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like steaming poodoo to me. And this is a reach, but my first thought was that was a code for TCF, Twentieth Century Fox, who will release the film. Who knows- the only certainty is that many fans will hate whatever title is chosen.
  19. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    And the current rumor posted on TF.n is the same as it was years ago. They claim the favored title, the sort of rumor which is rarely right, is BIRTH OF THE EMPIRE. I've always liked the ring of that, and seeing as the suns will be setting on the Clone Wars early in the movie- I imagine it's pretty descriptive of part of the plot.

Other than than- any new spoiler info of interest?
    -Campbell
  20. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    Nope. 3SA is in a speculation frenzy due to the lack of substantial spoilers lately.

L8r
  21. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    If you want an update on what is currently known about E3, you can read this thread. It lists the known facts, spy report info, and all the speculation in between for the movie.

L8r
  22. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    Horrible title. In fact, it might be the worst title out of all six films. To be honest, I am almost 100% certain that that will not be the final title, but you never know.

Brandon
  23. JediRecon Jedi Padawan

Aayla Secura will be a hologram and lead troops into battle and she has a speaking line!

Ha.
  24. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    The Dawn of Tyranny

That's the rumored title in 3SA. The source says it's fact and will prove to be such in a couple of months time.

If it is true, well, I guess it could be worse. Though it's a bit weird to have the word "tyranny" in there, what with Darth Tyrannus and all.

L8r
  25. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I recently have been mis-repeating that title as The Tyranny of Evil, which I think I like better. Hopefully I've spread it to enough people that that'll get a bug in Luke S's ear.

A certain Mara's Blade has revealed to me an interesting Spoiler, etc. site that I've not fully explored, but seems mighty interesting. One SuperShadow.com. It's worth a look, kids. -Campbell
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.