main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grey1, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Why is is so hard to understand that there are people here who do not want to be spoiled?

Avoid the Jedi Count thread if you do not want to know a major spoiler from SBS. This makes me want to shout out a lot of rude words.

Answer to my question above: Maybe there won't be any people around here in the future who don't want to be spoiled...

PS: OK, who of you looked inside just because he/she expected to FIND spoilers inside this thread...?

2. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Grey1,

A little secret: There ARE no spoilers for SbS, at least not according to the rules. The book has been out for more than 2 months now.

Kimball Kinnison

3. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    When SbS and BP came out, i fled the boards briefly. I find that's the safest measure for those who wish to be absolutely spoiler-free as spoilers (minor and major) often work their way into a surprising amount of conversations, often where you don't expect them (sounds like a disease :) ) Seriously, once the book has been out in say, the U.S for a few weeks, then quite a few ppl get settled down and stop with their early excitement.

4. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Why is is so hard to understand that there are people here who do not want to be spoiled?

I can totally undersatnd not wanting to be spoiled. I myself have avoided any threads about Dark Journey or The Approaching Storm because I want to be able to enjoy them fully.

But by the same token, this is a discussion forum, and people want to be able to talk about what they've read. So it's a fine line to walk. The rule is 2 months, but that's not really the problem. I think that if it was a year there would still be people who haven't read a particular book who wouldn't want to be spoiled.

So while I understand your point, and even empathize with it, I'm not not really sure
    what can be done to prevent it from happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.