Amph [Spoilerz] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I don't hate Skyler and kinda pity her, really. But I really don't have that much sympathy for Jesse. None at all. He got one junkie screw-up girlfriend killed because he was a junkie screwup that couldn't or wouldn't help her keep her nose clean, and look at the chain reaction of death and destruction that caused (and the way I see it, yes, Walt did let her die but Jesse has much more to do with that because, well, he IS a **** up). And then he gets involved with another girl and nearly gets her son killed because of Walt. If Walt and Jessie end up blowing each other's brains out in a final stand, I won't shed a tear for Jesse.
  2. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    I don't hate Skylar. I don't love Skylar.

That's how I feel about Skylar.
  3. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    That's not really fair. He tried to get her to leave. He let her know that he wanted to get high, so he asked her to leave. She chose not to. He lost his parents (again), his home, Combo. He was a wreck.

By the time he was with Andrea, he was really working at getting his **** together... thinking a lot more. Brock nearly died because of Walt's narcissism and greed--the guy really doesn't give a **** about anybody but himself (and to a much lesser degree, his family). The only involvement Jessie had in that was knowing Walt. Jessie is a much better person. The guy has a conscience and thinks about others. He owns up to his mistakes and actions. He's probably my favorite character, and I'll be bummed if/when he dies.
    Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  4. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Jesse was a wreck, yes, but if he really liked the girl, then he should've forced her to leave his room or otherwise get out of the house and get wasted elsewhere. But again, Jesse was a junkie **** up and the plot dictated the tragedy to follow.

And when he got sobered and saw what a...different man his partner had become - one who also beat the crap out of him verbally and then physically by way of his brother in law - I would've gotten the hell outta dodge. Walt is bat**** crazy, capable of and nearly getting him killed. Getting involved with Andrea and Brock would have eventually gotten them in danger from either Walt or Gus. If you're in the trade, your loved ones become a liability, and I guess Walt is going to find that out the hard way.
  5. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    I had a dream about the end of Breaking Bad. Most of the main characters were in a well-lit room having a discussion or something, when Harvey Keitel walked in and berated Walter White. I couldn't remember the details, exactly, but it seemed like Harvey was mad at Walter for lowering the limit of what was acceptable to do in crime. Anyway, the dream ended when Harvey took out a gun and shot Walter in the back of the head.
  6. AAAAAH Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    yeah, bring in keitel!!!
  7. Diggy Force Ghost

star 5
  8. Diggy Force Ghost

star 5
    Pic of the cast post finale.

Show Spoiler
    http://i.imgur.com/GR5HpX9.jpg
    harpuah and Isotope217 like this.
  9. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Spoiler? (open)
    That's a NYC area code on the dumpster
    Last edited by harpuah, Jun 3, 2013
  10. Diggy Force Ghost

star 5
    No it's not really, as far as I know.
  11. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I just watched the mid season 5 closer again. What an episode! It covers so much territory, from body disposal to the two minute prison montage to the many-month building the money pile montage to the money pile scene to the final W.W. revelation.

I watched the money pile and have to agree with the internet consensus - why is Skyler so confused about how much money is in the pile? Why is she talking about weighing the money?

It's hard to tell for sure from the few shots, but if it's a 12 x 15 x 45 pile of bundled bills, that gives a range of $16.2 million for all $2000 bundles to $81 million for all $10,000 bundles. If it were an even mix of $2k, $5k and $10 k bundles, the total would be nearly $46 million.

My dimensions may be off, but Skyler could count out width, length and height of her pile in bundles in just a few minutes, so her "no earthly idea" remark is pretty stupid. A bookkeeper like her should have been able to give Walt at least the range and approximation based on a neatly stacked money pile. She gets an F in money laundering 101.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Jun 12, 2013
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  13. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Nerd. :p
    Last edited by harpuah, Jun 12, 2013
    Jabbadabbado likes this.
  14. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    double post
    Last edited by harpuah, Jun 12, 2013
  15. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
    The important point is that they can buy a lifetime's worth of dipping sticks.
    LloydChristmas and harpua like this.
  16. Diggy Force Ghost

star 5
    Or Frozen bananas. With nuts.
  17. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    They could totally afford to pay extra for sliced pizza.
  18. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    WW has murdered everyone but family members. The only question left for the show now after "Gliding Over All" is whether Skyler and/or Hank can survive him.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Jun 25, 2013
  20. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  21. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    I'm still convinced that scene from Scarface that Walt and Flynn were watching is foreshadowing the ending of the series.
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Sure. I'll take that over something like The Sopranos' ending.
  23. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    I really don't like Skylar this season. Managed to stay away from spoilers long enough to get the bluray though.
  24. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Wtf is "Remember my name" supposed to mean?
  25. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Might be because he sort of came out as Heisenburg.