Amph [Spoilerz] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
  2. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    Until the show comes back on next summer we should speculate on what we think the Smoke Monster really is.
    harpuah likes this.
  3. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    Do I like because maik is killing himself or because I feel the same way? :p

I kid I kid
  4. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Little of both, man... little of both.
  5. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
  6. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Last edited by Winged_Jedi, Sep 12, 2012
  7. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    I posted the very last one in the GIFs thread.
  8. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    I am going to begin watching this tonight. S1, E1. Here I go. Thoughts later.
  9. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Tell us what you think 30 minutes into the pilot.
  10. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    No that's too much time to give it. 12 minutes maximum.
  11. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    He's going to totally crack out and watch the whole series in two weeks, like I did. :p
  12. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    STOP LIKING POSTS ABOUT ME SELF-HARMING, PEOPLE!!
    Darth_Guy and harpuah like this.
  13. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    I watched the first three episodes last night. The show has a wonderful ability to really make put you in the characters' shoes, particularly Walter's. What would I do in his dilemma with Domingo/Krazy-8? If I were Domingo? It's also delightfully dark, but in a special way- the dark stuff really stays with you after watching, like coming home from a good horror movie and genuinely being scared. That is increasingly rare these days, I think. I was rolling over in bed last night and all my mundane little problems were earth-shattering struggles, until I remember Walter has frikkin lung cancer and is "breaking bad." I don't know, so far, I just think this show is good at enveloping me in a feeling. Jesse Pinkman annoys the **** out of me.

edit: oh, and Rachel, I know I swore a holy vow that Sherlock Holmes would be next, but... see, I was playing Shelf of Shame... :(
    Last edited by Coruscant, Sep 13, 2012
  14. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    ...dat ****** plate
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Sep 13, 2012
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  15. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Your feelings for Walter will **** you in the head, eventually.
  16. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    And Jesse.

It's ok Nick. You will finish this show really fast then be able to watch Sherlock in like 2-3 days :p
  17. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    I like how it's a foregone conclusion that I'm going to gorge on the entire series really, really fast. Like, hey, whatever happened to spacing out the time in between each season? :p But, yeah, the only show I did that for was the Wire, and that was by accident. I would have watched that in one go if I could have.
  18. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    the wire is so good.

i can never maintain interest if i try to rewatch things by myself tho, i need to, like, make a friend or something... a friend who's never seen the wire

wherein lies the problem... why would i ever associate with someone like that?
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Sep 13, 2012
  19. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    I finished Season 4 yesterday and for a split second I had the feeling I had just watched a Batman villain's origin.

Well done, Walter, well done.
    Last edited by Darth_Morella, Sep 13, 2012
    Darth_Guy likes this.
  20. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    If you finish any one season and manage to wait so much as a week before starting the next I'll eat my hat.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Sep 14, 2012
    harpuah likes this.
  21. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    I just started it and I'm five episodes in.
  22. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I gave my dad my Season 1 DVD to watch and two days later he called me asking for Season 2.
  23. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Pffft watching shows that quickly is so overrated. [face_talk_hand] Four months FTW
  24. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I did the first four seasons of BB at a stretch, and regret nothing. Still took about a month, in any event. I actually signed up for Netflix with the specific intention of binging The Wire, only to realize that it's not in their streaming library. :_|
  25. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    I watched one episode at a time each night on Netflix while I worked out. At the time Season 4 wasn't streaming but they were re-running them at 2 AM so I set my DVR to capture them. On the Thursday before the Season 5 premiere I noticed that S4 Eps 9 - 13 were onDemand so I knocked those out in one night. They were so fantastic that I wish I had spaced them out to reflect on each one for a bit. Oh well. I have all 8 episodes of S5 still on my DVR and I'm re-watching them with friends who have DISH (plus with SoA being back on) so I'm not missing the show TOO much.