main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [El Camino spoilers] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Never really had any major issues with her other than "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!"

Darth Morella and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Skylar was annoying in the first couple seasons, interesting in the middle seasons, and then sympathetic in the later seasons.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Jesse. Walt. Hank. Skylar. Gus Fring. Mike. And so on. I still can't get over how well developed almost every single character in this show was, and how well the writing tied them all together. With characters and writing this good, this show could have been about almost any topic and it would have been engaging. I don't generally rank TV shows, but I think this must be one of my favorites, ever.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Quoted so that I can say I like this post a billion times.

Glad you like the show, Tunick, but your complaining about unemployment and solicitation for advice privileges have hereby been revoked... loser.

Anyway... :p

As for Skyler, I also don't understand the hate. She's annoying (her sister is a billion times worse, though), but also a pretty sympathetic character. I think she adapted to a pretty ****ty situation pretty well. She sacrificed a lot to keep her son safe from the truth about his father, and in the end, lost everything. Walt is a far more despicable character.

I'm also really excited about Better Call Saul. It's going to be great to see Mike again. I've also read that there will likely be Walt and Jesse appearances periodically. I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens for him in Nebraska.

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I wonder if Jesse was in Walt's class during the Better Call Saul time period.

Also, I'd love to see some side stories about Gus. I guess if Mike is going to be in it then it could be possible.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  6. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Jesse was in his mid-to-late 20s during BB. How many years prior to BB is BCS being set?

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Last I heard it was going to jump around, but no, it won't be set far enough back for Jesse to still be in high school. It'd be pretty ridiculous for them to ask us to buy Odenkirk as that much younger, or Aaron Paul as a 16-year-old. Remember that flashback in "Ozymandias" to their first cook? Jesse didn't even look the same as he did in the pilot.

8. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    what if they hire true detectives makeup department tho

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I don't know, though. That billboard picture has his real name on it, so the show goes back far enough to predate "Saul Goodman." His masters from the American Samoan University (lol) has Saul Goodman printed on it,so O think it's safe to assume we'll go fairly far back. We'll see.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    They said it was something like four or five years.

I know you're joking, but they were both adults. And it helps that McConaughey was in-between the ages of 1995 Rust and 2012 Rust. :p Harrelson's makeup and wig made him look younger, but he didn't look convincingly mid-30's to me. Maybe my knowledge of his actual age and hairline affected my suspension of disbelief.

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, thinking about this some more now, I guess it probably would be a stretch to have it set far enough back for Jesse to still be in high school in it.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Hmm. I'm sure I'll watch it, but part of me wishes they'd let it be with the great ending of Season 5.

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Aw, I was looking forward to the Anti-Masturbation Dolphin character.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Reading that again after the Snopes confirmation, I was surprised I even took it seriously the first time.

17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Not sure whcih I fidn more amusing: that people actually believed that Season 6 story, or that people are arguing over characters' likability. I think that's missing the point.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  19. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    From the Rick and Morty writer's room:

[​IMG]

xblackout and Coruscant like this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ultimate cosplay
    [​IMG]
    Bryan Cranston as Jesse Pinkman and Aaron Paul as Walter White.

halibut and Darth_Omega like this.
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Easiest job ever.

[​IMG]

halibut, EHT, Darth_Omega and 4 others like this.
  24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess she was there only for the two ladies on the show. And Mr. Odenkirk.

25. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007