main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [El Camino spoilers] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Eha
    What do you know of either?

LloydChristmas likes this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I saw an episode recently on cable television and still disliked Jessie. Time has not changed that perspective.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie in the Works With Series Creator Vince Gilligan

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Nice. I wouldn't be surprised if it were simply a movie set in the universe and not a proper "Breaking Bad: The Movie." Obviously they could bring Jesse back for story set after the finale, but I don't know what the hell they could do with Walt during his life that we haven't already seen.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    DarthTunick likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, “tracks the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom” really sounds like it would be about Jesse right after the BB finale.

6. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    The article says it's not clear if it will be a made for TV movie or theatrical, but I'd be very surprised if it was the later. TV would be consistent with the planned Walking Dead movies for one. And as good as BB was when it was running, it was a niche show for most of it's lifespan. It took pretty much 4 and a half seasons with the same core group of characters for it to finally break out ratings wise. Better Call Saul's ratings are at pretty much the same place that BB's were for most of it's run so I don't really see "the setting" being enough of a draw for a theatrical released movie. Which is fine with me.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I think many more people have ended up watching it on Netflix than its original run on AMC. Though yes, I would definitely agree that it doesn't have the audience for a major motion picture.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    AMC is pushing Walking Dead made for AMC movies so it's probable they want something in the Breaking Bad verse as well. And, yah, I read that logline and thought Jessie Pinkman: The Movie (Not Need For Speed, a real sequel!) Bonus points if they can tie it into the Cinnabon Gene flashforwards on Saul!

9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    someone needs to decapitate the walking dead

Chewgumma and TiniTinyTony like this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

Well, the dude learned how to cook on his own and there's certainly a void in the drug business after Walter White when all Heisenberg on everyone. So, there's that to explore.

Hopefully, the residence of Albuquerque, no one throws a perfectly good pizza on the roof of a house.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Vince Gilligan on Jesse back in 2013 and I think the movie will probably explore what I bolded.

“We always felt like the viewers desired Jesse to get away. And it’s up to the individual viewer to decide what happens next for Jesse. Some people might think, ‘Well, he probably got two miles down the road before the cops nailed him.’ But I prefer to believe that he got away, and he’s got a long road to recovery ahead, in a sense of being held prisoner in a dungeon for the last six months and being beaten to within an inch of his life and watching Andrea be shot. All these terrible things he’s witnessed are going to scar him as well, but the romantic in me wants to believe that he gets away with it and moves to Alaska and has a peaceful life communing with nature.”

https://ew.com/article/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-vince-gilligan/

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I didn't understand Breaking Bad and gave up after the first episode.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, I did too. It took a week of being sick at home and nothing on day time TV to make me give Breaking Bad a second chance. And so I binged watched about four seasons during that time. I'd say wasn't really hooked on the show until this character name Gus showed up. It goes from a show about a man dying of cancer and wanting to provide some financial security for his family to him taking on the Mexican drug cartel.

Well, I don't think the show will have Jessie moving to Alaska and have a peaceful life. I mean, he's not Bruce Banner. But, watching Jessie on the road to recovery doesn't sound that appealing either. It sounds like Sandra Bullock's 28 Days. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul both hit their strides when the show involved the drug cartel.

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The movie had better end with Jesse crashing on Will Arnett's couch.

TiniTinyTony and harpua like this.
  15. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I hate to second guess Gilligan, but I am a bit worried about this. Not really sure what stories are left to tell in that universe.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Jesse has a good story, I'm sure. I'm excited.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Bring back Badger and Skinny Pete!

* waits for Darth Guy to say it wont happen. :p

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  20. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Maybe the movie is about how they enforce the Schwarzes‘ promise to Walt. Break out the laser pointers!

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  22. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i kind of don't need/want to see what happens to jesse after[​IMG]

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    that is an satisfying ending for him ("I'm finally free from all these $@@$%$@") but it's also way open ended too so a follow up wouldn't feel forced. I just hope the movie isn't an excuse to "let's kick the bejesus outta Jessie Pinkman again." Seriously, the show could have subtitled "Breaking Bad: Poor Jessie Pinkman". Although if he's getting a whole movie I don't think it'll be exactly happy days are here again for him.

Frankly, a follow up telemovie is better than since Aaron Paul starred in Need For Speed, like, right after the Breaking Bad finale his final speed away shot and Need For Speed are forever connected in my dumb brain so it'd be cool to see what Jessie actually got up to after that. As I said, I would love to see this somehow work with Cinnabon Gene flashforwards in Better Call Saul that could be cool (I read a theory somewhere that the folks looking for Gene may turn out to be Jessie Pinkman). But it would be somewhat less satisfying if Cinnabon Gene was resolved in a completely different movie/show.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  24. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Totally unrelated but Sopranos getting a prequel movie!! I’m more jazzed up about that then this.

Jesse cry’s to much.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Amount of soul crushing horrible stuff Jessie goes through I'd be a complete emotional wreck too. Maybe the movie will just be him curled up into a ball weeping for 2 hours.