main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Spoilt. :(

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Against my better judgement, I was unable to resist the name "Matthew Stover", and on saturday bought and subsequently read in a whirlwind night, Revenge of the Sith.

Whilst wholly satisfied and thrilled to of had such a marvellous story adapted by such an awe-inspiring author as Stover, this will still be the first of the prequels I'll go into utterly spoilt rotten.

Anyone else in the same boat?

(Yes, I know, OM*GWT*BBQ Pott0rz with a SW post!1!1....bah, get over it)

2. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Unfortunately I can't read.

Which would suggest that I have no idea what you're writing about, but decided to chime in anyways...

I'm also aware of the ironic logistics of someone who can't read being able to write.

In regards to that.

Um. I dicatate my posts.

3. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I have bought the book as well, but have yet to open its cover. But your insistent ranting about how good this book is makes me want to read it before i go as well :(

4. Xanakh

Xanakh Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    This will be the first of the prequels that I have not completely spoiled for myself. I'm looking forward to it immensely.

And the name Matthew Woodring Stover would drive me away from a book, rather than draw me to it. Jim Luceno is my favourite of the new generation of Star Wars authors. I wonder if Del Rey has ever considered giving real writers a shot at Star Wars, and not 'tards who have only written crappy TSR-template fantasy.

5. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    My housemates are determined to make me unspoiled for this movie, and so watch me like a hawk when I go into book shops with them, so I am not allowed* to buy the novel. :(

On a brighter note, walking through Flinders St station every morning has become a real joy...a myriad of geeky goodness to start the day...

*little do they know, I already have it and am secretly reading it at night. Loving it so far [face_devil] Although I realise that some of the magic will be lost to me as I'll know what happens...but then again, we all knew that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader!!!11!!1!one! right? :p

6. Xanakh

Mar 1, 2002
    Wicked temptress! I shan't highlight it, I shan't.

7. Xanakh

Mar 1, 2002
    What's the setup at Flinders St like, anyway? A friend of mine was trying to tell me about it, but I tuned out when he pronounced 'Grievous' trisyllabically (gree-vee-us).

8. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    It's very...pretty? The whole upper concourse on the cnr of Flinders and Swanston just have posters all over the place. A few clashy-duelling ones, a bit too many yoda-with-a-lightsabre character posters, a couple of big kick arse Grievous ones. Plenty of Vader ones. They've just decked it out with every promotional poster imaginable.

Although nothing will ever beat the 'Line of Jedi' billboard they had up over Young & Jackson when AOTC came out...that was pretty bloody cool.

9. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm almost completely unspoilt.

Music, yes, i have, and trailers, i have seen. But apart from that, nada. I'm so happy. AOTC was ruined because i knew *everything*. Stupid.

Um. I dicatate my posts.

[Python]

...at the castle.... arrrgggg.....

maybe he was dictating?[/i]

And Flinders St Station. Awesome. Big.

10. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Yup, read the book as soon as it came out as I was in desperate need of a light read between all the academia drivel that constitutes my arts course subject readers. Got it from Kmart too, cheap!!

Seen the music video, trailers et al. Sen-bloody-sational.

11. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    You people make me sick like too much Geelong Bitter on a monday night! Reading it MAY save you from what will undoubtably be a fest of bad acting that would be re-lived should you read it after seeing the movie, but you're spoiling, nay, depriving yourself of what will hopefully be a visually enlightening adventure that will bring to close a saga we all love with what looks like lots of explosions and lightsaber fights.

On that bring note, thank you for bringing the realse of this book to my attention, I'll get back to you before wednesday.....

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Matt Stover = teh win.

13. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    You're excited?

14. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    So excited, I'm thinking of BRINGING BACK a certain Huggardic Front for the Religious Indoctrination of Children.

15. Jedi_Jess

Jedi_Jess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Oh good, I know I will enjoy the book now.

I brought it Sunday...and it has taken allllll of my power this week not to read it.

So did it turn out alright.....Still enjoy the movie as much as you may have?

16. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    No actually, probably not, because on more then one occasion when Lucas' clunky dialogue brought itself to truly cringe-worthy levels of bland and corn, I was left with "but Stover wrote this bit so differently and so much better..."

But hey, Stover is a great author, Lucas has never pretended to be. I shouldn't be drawing such unfair comparisions. The movie was awesome, no doubting it, thanks largely to Mickey D. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.