main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Sponsorship Letters: Status Report

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    This thread is specifically for updates on your letters that were sent out. The good Cmd. can e-mail his updates to me and I'll post them for him.

Kasey- I sent out my revised letter to Blockbusters corporate office yesterday at about 5:30pm. They have the charity fax #, my numbers, as well as Marc and Russ's #'s. I also gave them my e-mail. Now we hope and pray and wait.

Eric- He sent out a letter to Simplot shined up by his Dad. As far as I know, he hasn't heard anything back yet.

Marc- What's our FOX status right now? Who were you sending letters to for sponsorship?

James- Fred Meyer was your sponsor right? Have they gotten your letter yet?

Russ- You said your sponsor was already guaranteeing us a $ amount, how much was that again?

Others?

2. Nieru_Hawic

Nieru_Hawic Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2003
    My sponsor said they would give us $100 to $250, they will let me know when everything is ready to go with the people at edwards

3. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm planning on furthur revising the sposorship letter and then giving it to managers around town at places such as Albertsons, Walmart, and other such stores...I will e-mail the revised version once again.

4. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    James already tried Wal-Mart... I believe the response was "no money, but you can have a car wash to raise the funds you need for your overhead." We felt we didn't have the time or resources right now, so we informed the charity about letting them do this - not to say we can't have one down the road.

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey all...
    I was thinking that on our sponsorship letters that if we end up going with the May date, we should include in our request that we don't need it by the 21st but would like it no later than June 21st. Does this sound reasonable?

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Marc,
    What actual dollar amount did you promise the charity?
    Here's some figures that I came up with depending on what finalized ticket price we decide on:
    $12x268seats=$3,216
    12.50x268=3,350
    13x268=3,484
    14x268=3,752
    15x268=4,020

If we do end up paying the $900/hr, our rental cost is $2,700

I think we should raise the ticket price to at least 13 dollars. This leaves up with $784 minus club expenses...HOWEVER...if we sell out two showings at 13=
    $3,484x2=$6,968-2,700=$4,268 minus club expenses. So even if we don't get sponsorship, the charity is still making over 4 thousand dollars...this is pretty good. With all the people I know can come here plus all those from fanforce/501st and such, the first showing is in the bag as far as I'm concerned. And even if we don't sell out our second showing, I'm sure we'll get close. Having a booth at BSU and Edwards will for sure sell some tickets. I think we're stressing to much over time...just say the word on the boards and people will be buying. My contact from Utah said he knew over twenty people who wanted in. So what # did we give the charity? Also when was the last time we checked the charity fax?

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Also, if the second showing isn't full by the show date, we can do tickets at the door. With all the ruckus going on at the theatre that day, people will undoubtedly be trying to get a ticket into the show!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.